Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So it's the second payment month for SWTOR and the population continues to decline.

Comments

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Originally posted by Aerowyn

Originally posted by Chrisbox

These threads are so fail, provide actual stats and then we'll talk.  No one cares if you dislike the game you dont have to preach it on every forum known to man.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/trends

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

http://beta.xfire.com/games/swtor

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/31584/star-wars-the-old-republic/Global/

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/

https://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:EA

everything shows very heavy declines since launch.. now what this means I can't say for sure yet.. but for people who keep saying the game is thriving and is such a huge success I'd like to see something other that some PR press release by EA. In game to me it feels like it's dying.. all my firends left. If it's such a thriving game please do show.

Well since they doubled capacity on servers since lauinch, holidays are over, i would suspect it would show some decline but since nothing your provided shows actual player numbers.. 

In Bioware we trust!

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Originally posted by Nazgol

Originally posted by Aerowyn

Originally posted by Chrisbox

These threads are so fail, provide actual stats and then we'll talk.  No one cares if you dislike the game you dont have to preach it on every forum known to man.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/trends

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

http://beta.xfire.com/games/swtor

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/31584/star-wars-the-old-republic/Global/

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/

https://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:EA

everything shows very heavy declines since launch.. now what this means I can't say for sure yet.. but for people who keep saying the game is thriving and is such a huge success I'd like to see something other that some PR press release by EA. In game to me it feels like it's dying.. all my firends left. If it's such a thriving game please do show.

Well since they doubled capacity on servers since lauinch, holidays are over, i would suspect it would show some decline but since nothing your provided shows actual player numbers.. 

Your not going to find it however alot of sources point to a decline.

Old arguement new flavor?

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Everyting iz fine guiys. 1.7 million subs the EA marketing ppl told me so. image

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

LOL, cognitive dissonance is an ugly thing to watch in public. This isn't going to end well for some.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by phantomghost

Originally posted by xenogias

Originally posted by phantomghost

Originally posted by LadyNoh

Originally posted by Onomas

sandbox > themepark

player content > waiting for content

choices and features > limitations and lack of mmo featurtes

Themepark games are great for the first week to month. After that its like the console rpg game you get bored with and just put it up for saomething else.

Cant believe they canceled SWG for TOR. SWG though having some flaws was still a much more indepth game with great features, crafting, and social aspects. TOR has none of it. Quests mean nothing once you finish them and have to wait around a long time for new content. Dont understand why people dislike games that have tons of features and social aspects to allow creation of player content. I guess the creativity in our society has dropped or people just like everything easy today.

Really think mmo's should go back to old school ways, many mmo gamers of today have never experienced these and would probably draw in many people with the things todays games lack.

Opinion < Fact

sorry not saying yours isn't possably factual. but it is clearly an opinion, Don't push the "you haven't played a sandbox game" because ive played multiple. the waiting for something to happen so that you can actually play the game really sucks.

Nope, they all appear to be facts.

The post in question is nearly all opinion. The only FACTs are that quests dont change the game world itself. Everything else is opinion.  Maybe you need to go look up what the diffrence between fact and opinion is.

That's your opinion.

He could not have come closer to 100% facts if he tried.

You are either a really bad troll, 10 years old, or a complete moron. Which is it? I'm not accusing you of any of thoes directly. I want you to tell me which one.  Hell I think SWTOR is terrible as an MMO. Overall I agree with everything onomas said. But i still know its an opinion and not fact.

• Timeout77Timeout77 Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by Bunks

LOL, cognitive dissonance is an ugly thing to watch in public. This isn't going to end well for some.

Go read the thread "Offical forums best place for Info!! Bunks.. me and Nazgul are having fun there....you wont regreat it :)

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Just wait till GW2, Tera and TSW drop over the next few months - this game will be a ghost town.

• Timeout77Timeout77 Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by Margulis

Just wait till GW2, Tera and TSW drop over the next few months - this game will be a ghost town.

We outnumber the fanboys 10/2 as it is... cant see it get anny worse... but wait Murphys LAW... it CAN!!!

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

The game will continue to lose players, i just don't see any way swtor can grow in numbers.

• shamus252shamus252 Member UncommonPosts: 226

Don't play the game atm but checked the server status page and for me it's showing 10 heavy and 1 very heavy, so seems the game is doing fine to me.

Sic semper tyrannis "Democracy broke down, not when the Union
    ceased to be agreeable to all its constituent States, but when it was upheld, like any other Empire, by force of arms."

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

yup bioware launched swtor with barebones functions and missing features which are available in many current MMOs and then play the catchup.

sry bioware you failed this time. There are no catch up in this industry. either you start with a bang or go up in flames.

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

There's no talking to the fanboys because all they can come up with is 1.7 million subs and no "proof" of a decline.

Post all the figures you want from any resource other than BW/EA and they'll shoot you down.

God forbid you ask them to "prove" SWTOR is doing well. Seems it's a one way street.

I've said previously that it's funny that there's no good news coming from the publishers, except a recently released video of some guys "saying" how much they enjoy it and BW patting themselves on the back. I notice there's no figures, something they seem to be avoiding at all costs.

At the end of the day, the "haters" won't ruin the game and the "fanboys" won't save it.

It's running it's own course and I know where it's headed. That's good enough for me.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

I'm still enjoying SWTOR.

I'm 41, have played EQ 8yrs, MxO 2yrs, EQ2 1yr, DDO 6 Months as F2P, WoW 4yrs, WAR 6 Months, Rift - 1 Month (lol), RoM - 6 months, TCoS and a bunch of F2P stuff.

SWTOR does have a great 1-49 game, very strong though mechanically similar to it's predecessors

It does currently have a weak high-end.

Whilst I wait for the high-end to be fleshed-out, I do a few Flashpoints & Operations on my main & then play my army of alts, partly because I want to see all of what the game offers not just 1/16th of what already exists, so I actually planned out what I would do & made my alts in such a way as I cover all of the light side/darkside - male/female - imperial/republic & class options... I have probably taken "getting my money's worth" to an extreme very few others would (at least by this stage) but I'm still having a lot of fun & not finding each planet I pass through to be overly repetitive....

One advantage has been on subsequent passes through content I've found things I missed or overlooked previously, little things, but these all work towards expanding the experience.

I think that how you play any game is largely dependant on how much it "grabbed you", now any game will have it's ardent supporters & I was one of EQ's for a long time, in SWTOR I think I've found a game that really clicks with what I enjoy in MMO's, despite a few bugs & the lack of a deeper endgame.

On endgame - I hope BioWare don't "just" do the gear treadmill content, I hope they diverge from the norm whilst still providing the game with new raids & group dungeon & continuing the character-developoment & story-telling...I hope they also try to broaden the endgame in other ways too.

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Personally, I wonder where this game can go from here.

The only people who seem to like this game are the ones who feel story is everything.

They love the voice-overs and take their time through the content.

When they get to 49/50 they roll an alt and play through it all again.

Where is that taking us?

I mean, seriously... to cater for these players, you need to continously create new "stories" don't you?

More voice-overs... well just more of the same stuff that everyone else is so bored of and can be completed so much quicker than it can be created.

It's just a really bad model that can't sustain itself surely?

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

The game is fine, this website is not. The servers are fine, with 15 light currently, rest standard heavy and very heavy. Has there been a decline, yes, not as drastic as the haters make it seem and it is the same for all MMOS.  In closing I am gonna leave here for now and play the game I am currently enjoying since this website offers me no new information about the game and is full of overinflated pricks. Hell the news on the front page is days behind massively. I will come back when GW2 releases with a big shit eating grin when I see all the bitching about that game, which is already starting btw. That will be the only thing to bring me back to this shitty community. Enjoy your portal fest in GW2.

In Bioware we trust!

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Im still playing and enjoying, the truth is: there is only a handfull of what can be considered good and healthy mmorpgs on the market, and swtor even not perfect is still among the best overall.

To join the few "good"  mmorpgs available, only Gw2 in a near/medium future and to a small extend Tera, and yes, the game from Failcom is just that, even before its born, people should already know what Funcom gives us...

Swtor has some problems , and im sure they will be adressed soon, the game can only improve.

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

Its funny how bioware launched a new mmo in 2012 just to play catch up to a 2004 mmo in terms of features and functionality.

Still the same old commendations and dailies grind game with everything 5 years backwwards.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Originally posted by just1opinion

Originally posted by Vinterkrig

I love when people eat crow

Not sure what the people who bought into it thought they were going to get. Sometimes "trolls" aren't actually "trolls"

I think the less you EXPECT from a game....the more fun you probably have playing it.  Hype is hype.  All games get their season of hype.  Some of it is true and some is pure optimistic speculation, but one way or the other, I don't let myself get so caught up in it that it determines (ultimately) if I enjoy the game or not.

Why do we set our standards so low?  Why should we go into a game expecting "less."  I guess that's my problem.  "We are enjoying TOR because we are lowering our expectations, you should try it!"

• AcmegamerAcmegamer Member UncommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by shamus252

Don't play the game atm but checked the server status page and for me it's showing 10 heavy and 1 very heavy, so seems the game is doing fine to me.

You consider that fine for prime time on a Friday night? Out of like a 120 servers? All the rest are standard or light. I don't rate that as fine myself.  I see at this time 19:43 PST/22:43 EST 15 heavy load, 1 very heavy load and all the rest standard with a scattering of light.

Forgot the EU servers, at this time they are all light load. That I expect since for them its not their prime time. During our day time I'll see their loads more like what we're seeing in the US.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Originally posted by hornedtoad

I foolishly subscribed for 3 months.  I'm out in April with most of my guild.  Until then I'll raid 1-2x a week just to hang out.  Definitely looking forward to GW2.

Not to flame, but I never got this.  Why on earth would anyone subscribe for more than a month to a just released game?

tbh, I won't do a multimonth sub to any game.  Patches change things, devs come up with a colossaly stupid idea, etc.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Originally posted by jacklo

Where is that taking us?

I mean, seriously... to cater for these players, you need to continously create new "stories" don't you?

More voice-overs... well just more of the same stuff that everyone else is so bored of and can be completed so much quicker than it can be created.

It's just a really bad model that can't sustain itself surely?

Im thinking about this too, but iirc, they have another group solely  doing contents and the next x-pac.

Personally i hope this games does becomes profitable, wouldnt wanna see anybody lost their jobs, but i hope it is just profitable enough, say around 450k subs? So that this will once again send a Huge signal to the rest of the devs out there that this genre REALLY needs something different from the same path thats being chun out for the past 7 years. And v.o is not 1 of them.

RIP Orc Choppa

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Originally posted by iceman00

Originally posted by hornedtoad

I foolishly subscribed for 3 months.  I'm out in April with most of my guild.  Until then I'll raid 1-2x a week just to hang out.  Definitely looking forward to GW2.

Not to flame, but I never got this.  Why on earth would anyone subscribe for more than a month to a just released game?

tbh, I won't do a multimonth sub to any game.  Patches change things, devs come up with a colossaly stupid idea, etc.

The love for the game, the i.p and the initial hype being build up etc...

Me too will never sub more than 1 month for a new game till im pretty sure 1 to 2 months into it that i'll continue to play.

RIP Orc Choppa

• VotanVotan Member UncommonPosts: 291

The only people who seem to like this game are the ones who feel story is everything.

Most of the people I know who are really enjoying this game are solo centric players from my guild.  Not that they do not group but spend more time solo playing do to work/school/family ect than playing with groups.  This game is probably one of the best ever made for the solo players. 

Most of my guild passed completely on this game after beta because many found the story and the cut aways in SWTOR interferred to much with feeling like a MMO and grouping during the leveling process.  We all were of the same mind we enjoy this type of story driven game play in single player games like Mass Effect but really did not care for it in a MMO.

• DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by AcmeGamer

Originally posted by shamus252

You consider that fine for prime time on a Friday night? Out of like a 120 servers? All the rest are standard or light. I don't rate that as fine myself.  I see at this time 19:43 PST/22:43 EST 15 heavy load, 1 very heavy load and all the rest standard with a scattering of light.

Forgot the EU servers, at this time they are all light load. That I expect since for them its not their prime time. During our day time I'll see their loads more like what we're seeing in the US.

I have been saying this all along but somehow the game is thriving, I mean it went from 15-20 full with Queues, 20-30 Very heavy and the rest heavy, but some people don't get it.

This game is dying I say Jim dying!

wait till TSW and Tera launch followed by GW2 not to even mention Pandaland

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Votan

Most of the people I know who are really enjoying this game are solo centric players from my guild.  Not that they do not group but spend more time solo playing do to work/school/family ect than playing with groups.  This game is probably one of the best ever made for the solo players. 

Most of my guild passed completely on this game after beta because many found the story and the cut aways in SWTOR interferred to much with feeling like a MMO and grouping during the leveling process.  We all were of the same mind we enjoy this type of story driven game play in single player games like Mass Effect but really did not care for it in a MMO.

But doesn't it just seem kind of silly for a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER game to be developed for players who really don't want to have to deal with you know...other players?

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

This discussion has been closed.