Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscription canceled... not really...

Despite the fact i did canceled my subscription well in advance, i have been charged for another month, i have even completed "sorry to see you go" survey. Account status is "Inactive", yet money is gone.

Little advice, check you email and bank statement if you have canceled subscription, with EA customer services you simply never know...

Regards

Comments

• Timeout77Timeout77 Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by whitez

Despite the fact i did canceled my subscription well in advance, i have been charged for another month, i have even completed "sorry to see you go" survey. Account status is "Inactive", yet money is gone.

Little advice, check you email and bank statement if you have canceled subscription, with EA customer services you simply never know...

Regards

LOL they are pulling a FunCom now.. this is not good news hahaha....

Guess both BIOWARE and FUNCOM being in bed with EA now, they have traded some Tips and tricks betwen them.. People unsubscribing... haa just bill them anyways.. so we get a better number on paying SUBS.. that they are not playing dosent mather.. they still show up as subcribers on the bank statement.......

• AcmegamerAcmegamer Member UncommonPosts: 337

Regards

That's why when I canceled I removed my credit card info from the billing section. I advise anyone to do the same with any product they aren't using. I always do that when I cancel a game subscription. If it isn't easy to do from the website I call their customer service if I don't get a reply via email sent within 24 hours.  SOE gave a great example why this is important to do. :(

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Regards

And you will leave it that way? You accept it and dont contact the support?

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

you sure it wasn't a statement from the month previous?  I just got a email from them about a payment but it was for last month

Thank you for ordering from StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com on 01/21/2012. The following email is a summary and confirmation of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase. If you paid by credit card, please look for www.swtor.com starwars on your credit card billing statement.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• whitezwhitez Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by 4bsolute

Regards

And you will leave it that way? You accept it and dont contact the support?

I did, just wanted to warn others. Have no intention to pay for this game anymore.
  • Skaara55Skaara55 Member Posts: 42

Thank you for the heads up. My payment is due in six days but went ahead and removed all my payment information. I guess if you can't lie hard enough into getting people to play they will just steal it. Very shady business practices Bioware.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

. I just got my email statement from January also. I panicked at first before I noticed the date. EA is a bit behind it seems.
  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Regards

They explained it to me as it takes 3-4 days to process the cancellation. I cancelled on the last day and ended up paying for a second month.

NO other game I played hasn't cancelled immediately.

• whitezwhitez Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Falcomith
    . I just got my email statement from January also. I panicked at first before I noticed the date. EA is a bit behind it seems.

Just noticed too, not going to apologize since is EA :P
    My bad tho.
  • Skaara55Skaara55 Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by CyclopsSlay

Regards

They explained it to me as it takes 3-4 days to process the cancellation. I cancelled on the last day and ended up paying for a second month.

It's pretty lame, they better not charge ... I'm almost tempted to just call my bank now to make sure nothing goes through.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Originally posted by CyclopsSlay

Regards

If so, that's pretty fail.  At most, it should take 24 hours for your cancellation to process in their system.  (depending on when their job schedules run that process that stuff.)

To say it takes 3-4 days, no, it really doesn't.  Not unless their data centers and the hardware they use is as old as the Hero Engine.  :p

• CrynswindCrynswind Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by Falcomith

Just noticed too, not going to apologize since is EA :P

My bad tho.

luls

• greyed-outgreyed-out Member Posts: 99

Originally posted by Aerowyn

you sure it wasn't a statement from the month previous?  I just got a email from them about a payment but it was for last month

Thank you for ordering from StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com on 01/21/2012. The following email is a summary and confirmation of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase. If you paid by credit card, please look for www.swtor.com starwars on your credit card billing statement.

I got the same email.  I checked my credit card statement, and logged on to my swtor account both to make sure that they didn't charge me an extra month.  I've never had a billing confirmation arrive over a month late, but hey seems anything goes in EA/Bioware land these days.