Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So it's the second payment month for SWTOR and the population continues to decline.

Comments

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

sandbox > themepark

player content > waiting for content

choices and features > limitations and lack of mmo featurtes

Themepark games are great for the first week to month. After that its like the console rpg game you get bored with and just put it up for saomething else.

Cant believe they canceled SWG for TOR. SWG though having some flaws was still a much more indepth game with great features, crafting, and social aspects. TOR has none of it. Quests mean nothing once you finish them and have to wait around a long time for new content. Dont understand why people dislike games that have tons of features and social aspects to allow creation of player content. I guess the creativity in our society has dropped or people just like everything easy today.

Really think mmo's should go back to old school ways, many mmo gamers of today have never experienced these and would probably draw in many people with the things todays games lack.

• DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

Sooo lets take a look at the latest numbers from Primetime Friday night lets see what is behind the big door, and not the one you can hack in voidstar either..........

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

so at 8:37 EST we have one very heavy, 2 heavys and  22 light wow, this game is growing each day, I mean just a month ago we only had 10 full servers, 20 very heavy and god knows how many heavy, yup game is doing just fine.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Originally posted by Onomas

sandbox > themepark

Themepark games are great for the first week to month. After that its like the console rpg game you get bored with and just put it up for saomething else.

Cant believe they canceled SWG for TOR. SWG though having some flaws was still a much more indepth game with great features, crafting, and social aspects. TOR has none of it. Quests mean nothing once you finish them and have to wait around a long time for new content. Dont understand why people dislike games that have tons of features and social aspects to allow creation of player content. I guess the creativity in our society has dropped or people just like everything easy today.

Really think mmo's should go back to old school ways, many mmo gamers of today have never experienced these and would probably draw in many people with the things todays games lack.

Opinion < Fact

sorry not saying yours isn't possably factual. but it is clearly an opinion, Don't push the "you haven't played a sandbox game" because ive played multiple. the waiting for something to happen so that you can actually play the game really sucks.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Originally posted by Dreadblade

Sooo lets take a look at the latest numbers from Primetime Friday night lets see what is behind the big door, and not the one you can hack in voidstar either..........

so at 8:37 EST we have one very heavy, 2 heavys and  22 light wow, this game is growing each day, I mean just a month ago we only had 10 full servers, 20 very heavy and god knows how many heavy, yup game is doing just fine.

Wow, look at those EU servers.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

Originally posted by LadyNoh

sandbox > themepark

Opinion < Fact

sorry not saying yours isn't possably factual. but it is clearly an opinion, Don't push the "you haven't played a sandbox game" because ive played multiple. the waiting for something to happen so that you can actually play the game really sucks.

Nope, they all appear to be facts.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Originally posted by XNephalimX

I'm not nessessarily hate mongering. i feel the game was bad (mainly cause im bitter about them removing everything i loved from the game before it was launched) but has some strong points that should be noted by other companies and encorperated into their respective games.

What did they remove exactly?

match to chest option, high res textures(which looks like are coming back soon), many story options were removed like some options to kill certain companions was removed.. there's plenty more they removed from beta though..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by phantomghost

sandbox > themepark

Opinion < Fact

The post in question is nearly all opinion. The only FACTs are that quests dont change the game world itself. Everything else is opinion.  Maybe you need to go look up what the diffrence between fact and opinion is.

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

Anything with a grain of legible salt is being taken care of, from bugs to issues we don't like (IE new interface incoming). It is all how "you" look at it. Never assume your the majority for that definitely makes you the minority. While I will only agree with one point, (to many servers) then again, when we had 30min ques times I was all for more servers. Issues is, no one ever took up those new servers except a few.

I might also say that the start of warcraft (every ones beloved title to refer to) also had the same exact start of SWTOR, same hate, same toss around of this or that. How did that one turn out? See, my point here is, have at your talks and disputes, but never for an instances think you are among the majority.

As so well put by another in this thread, if EA was such a horrible company, why haven't they closed years ago? You hate them for they absorb the development teams you love and in turn you believe they dumb down your title you have followed sense it's creation. What I see here is more hate for the fact that you can't find that love you once had, it comes back to my original post in this thread. Your first experience will never ever be found in the same genre, it can't. The newness and aww you get from that first time is just that, the first time.

Millions of players had their cherry broke by WoW and nothing , not SWTOR or Guild Wars 2 or any title for that matter will ever compare to that first game you played.

No doubt, you don't care for the title, you post that here with rigorous valor, but in the end most of what I see is the redundant issues of it doesn't have or it wasn't changed enough. In the end, I don't think anyone here can come up with an MMO design that would satisfy every poster in this thread or any other. Fact is, you got burnt out and now your only true means of entertainment is to rant on these and probably other boards about games you don't care about and in turn about companies who don't care about your gaming needs. The spiral then goes out of control into the " everyone hates me" mentality and nothing, not one thing will ever curve your thirst for revenge against those companies you feel did you an injustice.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

Originally posted by Alders

Canderous Ordo

Very Heavy

PvE

East

UP

Jedi Covenant

Heavy

PvE

East

UP

The Harbinger

Heavy

PvE

West

UP

The Jekk'Jekk Tarr

Heavy

PvE

West

UP

Mask of Nihilus

Standard

PvE

West

UP

Warriors of the Shadow

Standard

PVP

West

UP

Wall of Light

Standard

PvE

West

UP

Vulkar Highway

Standard

PVP

East

UP

Vrook Lamar

Standard

RP-PvE

West

UP

Vornskr

Standard

PvE

West

UP

Ven Zallow

Standard

RP-PvP

East

UP

Veela

Standard

PVP

East

UP

Veeboo Lunx

Standard

PvE

West

UP

Death Wind Corridor

Standard

PVP

East

UP

The Twin Spears

Standard

PVP

East

UP

The Swiftsure

Standard

PVP

West

UP

The Shadowlands

Standard

PvE

East

UP

The Razor

Standard

PvE

East

UP

The Maw

Standard

PVP

We

looks like the US to me just saying

Originally posted by xenogias

Originally posted by phantomghost

sandbox > themepark

Opinion < Fact

The post in question is nearly all opinion. The only FACTs are that quests dont change the game world itself. Everything else is opinion.  Maybe you need to go look up what the diffrence between fact and opinion is.

That's your opinion.

He could not have come closer to 100% facts if he tried.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Canderous Ordo

Very Heavy

PvE

East

UP

Jedi Covenant

Heavy

PvE

East

UP

The Harbinger

Heavy

PvE

West

UP

The Jekk'Jekk Tarr

Heavy

PvE

West

UP

Mask of Nihilus

Standard

PvE

West

UP

Warriors of the Shadow

Standard

PVP

West

UP

Wall of Light

Standard

PvE

West

UP

Vulkar Highway

Standard

PVP

East

UP

Vrook Lamar

Standard

RP-PvE

West

UP

Vornskr

Standard

PvE

West

UP

Ven Zallow

Standard

RP-PvP

East

UP

Veela

Standard

PVP

East

UP

Veeboo Lunx

Standard

PvE

West

UP

Death Wind Corridor

Standard

PVP

East

UP

The Twin Spears

Standard

PVP

East

UP

The Swiftsure

Standard

PVP

West

UP

The Shadowlands

Standard

PvE

East

UP

The Razor

Standard

PvE

East

UP

The Maw

Standard

PVP

We

I was speaking of the EU servers on the bottom of the list.  Dunno where this "denial" thing is coming from, since i think the game's a 6/10.

Canderous Ordo

Very Heavy

PvE

East

UP

Jedi Covenant

Heavy

PvE

East

UP

The Harbinger

Heavy

PvE

West

UP

The Jekk'Jekk Tarr

Heavy

PvE

West

UP

Mask of Nihilus

Standard

PvE

West

UP

Warriors of the Shadow

Standard

PVP

West

UP

Wall of Light

Standard

PvE

West

UP

Vulkar Highway

Standard

PVP

East

UP

Vrook Lamar

Standard

RP-PvE

West

UP

Vornskr

Standard

PvE

West

UP

Ven Zallow

Standard

RP-PvP

East

UP

Veela

Standard

PVP

East

UP

Veeboo Lunx

Standard

PvE

West

UP

Death Wind Corridor

Standard

PVP

East

UP

The Twin Spears

Standard

PVP

East

UP

The Swiftsure

Standard

PVP

West

UP

The Shadowlands

Standard

PvE

East

UP

The Razor

Standard

PvE

East

UP

The Maw

Standard

PVP

We

I was speaking of the EU servers on the bottom of the list.  Dunno where this "denial" thing is coming from, since i think the game's a 6/10.

I'd give the game a 6/10 for the first 5mins.

After that they might be pushing a hard 2/10.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Originally posted by Souldrainer

The server I play on had over 200 players in fleet Tuesday at 330 am server time. Where is the decline coming from? Please note that they keep making incremental press rrleases that show an increase in numbers. That said, a decline wouldn't be out of question, but if you're out there trying to prove said decline, then you need to come with some really solid evidence.

pick one of the "light" servers make a republic char and enjoy:)

_

Reps rerolling Empire has what to do with overall game population, exactly? Even saying that much means giving you the benefit of the doubt, as I have never wanted to roll Rep side, so I wouldn't know what a Rep population decline would even look like.

you asked where is this declining population coming from. To see it for yourself just roll a republic char on pretty much any "light" server and you will see how empty this game can feel.. i'd like to see some official numbers but my guess this game is probably about 70% empire overall. 

In order to be relevant, you have to connect this to an overall population decline in the game as a whole. You have yet to do so.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

Alders,

Dude I am totally sorry so used to getting denials even when the facts are presented, my bad I hope you accept my apology

The server I play on had over 200 players in fleet Tuesday at 330 am server time. Where is the decline coming from? Please note that they keep making incremental press rrleases that show an increase in numbers. That said, a decline wouldn't be out of question, but if you're out there trying to prove said decline, then you need to come with some really solid evidence.

_

Reps rerolling Empire has what to do with overall game population, exactly? Even saying that much means giving you the benefit of the doubt, as I have never wanted to roll Rep side, so I wouldn't know what a Rep population decline would even look like.

you asked where is this declining population coming from. To see it for yourself just roll a republic char on pretty much any "light" server and you will see how empty this game can feel.. i'd like to see some official numbers but my guess this game is probably about 70% empire overall. 

In order to be relevant, you have to connect this to an overall population decline in the game as a whole. You have yet to do so.

Just look at the server list I posted that is where the numbers are coming from and sadly enough numbers do not lie!

_

and you have yet to prove this game is thriving so it doesn't really matter much does it? All i know is the two servers I played on were very empty  in most planets outside fleet. You hardly saw anyone running around anywhere it did not feel like playing a MMO in any sense. It felt like playing GW1 a lobby game. 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Timeout77Timeout77 Member Posts: 177

We have to be a little fair now if you took those screens In the last hour its 3am In europe now.. so if they read light... its not surprising..

But the fact is that they are mostly reading standard and light during peak times.. that is a FACT...

• starwarsnutstarwarsnut Member UncommonPosts: 230

One thing i think we can all agree on is swtor does not have the best pvp team as james ohlen thinks. I have yet to even see decent pvp at all. With gw2 coming and what i seen of its pvp im hoping swtor gets off thier butts here and quit screwing off with the open world pvp.

The person talking about beta bugs i agree what happened in 1.1 patch happened all the time in beta. I bugged it and reported it and it got fixed live 6 months after the fact...

I love star wars and the game pve wise is awesome its just this god aweful pvp system is "meh" to say the least. I think if we had the best pvp team people would have been saying gw2 copied swtor sadly gw2 is looking like how swtors pvp should have been.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

See the sad part was the WAR had the best PVP ive played. and i played it in the early days, mixing enviromental and pure battle gameplay. since the genre is different (Fantasy vs Sci-fi) they really didn't know what they were getting into at first. atleast thats my opinion.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

_

you asked where is this decliniong population coming from. To see it for yourself just roll a republic char on pretty much any "light" server and you will see how empty this game can feel.. i'd like to see some official numbers but my guess this game is probably about 70% empire overall. 

Just look at the server list I posted that is where the numbers are coming from and sadly enough numbers do not lie!

You know what's worse than comparing apples to oranges and calling it "proof?" Gomparing apples to nothing. We know they increased server caps, but by how much? When did you login? What prior data are you comparing this to? Can we stop with theae half-evidenced arguments please? Strawman Army vs SWTOR lol.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

This is actually inaccurate and not quite up to date since when I just left the client there was maybe 15 light servers and more heavy.

In Bioware we trust!

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

LOL this is very very wrong.

Just signed in to check. There are currently 15 Heavy+ servers, the rest are standards and 17 light servers. Again, these 17 were in the last set added by bioware when people were complaining about queue times. This was a major mis-step by bioware and they should really close them. IE they never had a population to begin with.

Besides that, the games population is as healthy as ever, especially considering Bioware has consistently increased server capacity since the first few weeks, thus why very heavy and full are not as rampant anymore.

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Originally posted by Monorojo

LOL this is very very wrong.

Just signed in to check. There are currently 15 Heavy+ servers, the rest are standards and 17 light servers. Again, these 17 were in the last set added by bioware when people were complaining about queue times. This was a major mis-step by bioware and they should really close them. IE they never had a population to begin with.

Besides that, the games population is as healthy as ever, especially considering Bioware has consistently increased server capacity since the first few weeks, thus why very heavy and full are not as rampant anymore.

Heh I know, the website is not as up to date as the actuaal client.

In Bioware we trust!

Originally posted by Chrisbox

These threads are so fail, provide actual stats and then we'll talk.  No one cares if you dislike the game you dont have to preach it on every forum known to man.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/trends

http://beta.xfire.com/games/swtor

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/31584/star-wars-the-old-republic/Global/

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/

https://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:EA

everything shows very heavy declines since launch.. now what this means I can't say for sure yet.. but for people who keep saying the game is thriving and is such a huge success I'd like to see something other that some PR press release by EA. In game to me it feels like it's dying.. all my firends left. If it's such a thriving game please do show.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Originally posted by Chrisbox

These threads are so fail, provide actual stats and then we'll talk.  No one cares if you dislike the game you dont have to preach it on every forum known to man.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/trends

http://beta.xfire.com/games/swtor

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/31584/star-wars-the-old-republic/Global/

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/

https://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:EA

everything shows very heavy declines since launch.. now what this means I can't say for sure yet.. but for people who keep saying the game is thriving and is such a huge success I'd like to see something other that some PR press release by EA. In game to me it feels like it's dying.. all my firends left. If it's such a thriving game please do show.

Trying to understand why vgchartz tracks the first 10 weeks.  Is this some sort of magic number time wise?

This discussion has been closed.