Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OK so the wait is over. NDA for Press is over 21st of Feb.

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

Originally posted by ProfRed

Originally posted by Blackbrrd

Americans might not appreciate the date, but in most of Europe, February 21st 2012 is written 21022012, or backwards 21022012. Yeah it's a Palindrom. ;)

Also April 24th is 24042012, there seems to be something there.  Anyway they love to make numbers mean something.  The ARG's are incredible. 

See all you doomsayers in game a month after release.  Don't worry we won't quote your predictions of fail and rub them in your face.  We leave that to the trolls.

april 24th also has connections to The  Longest Journey

• Black-MagicBlack-Magic Member UncommonPosts: 103

I really want to play this game tried out the beta.. But if it fails it will give me something to play till GW2 comes out. So im looking at it from a win/win situation...

• chopgrchopgr Member Posts: 179

Originally posted by profess0r

I really want to play this game tried out the beta.. But if it fails it will give me something to play till GW2 comes out. So im looking at it from a win/win situation...

are you saying you tried the beta? If then, how was the game like? did you like it?

http://www.youtube.com/user/chopgr?feature=mhee

"The Heavens burned, the stars
    cried out
    And under the ashes of infinity,
    Hope, scarred and bleeding,
    breathed its last."

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

There's a good chance that you're not going to see the majority of the press articles upon GW2 NDA drop just because it takes a little time both to write them, have them reviewed and then post them. Confident or not, Funcom is stupid to drop the NDA one day after GW2. Regardless of which game is better in the eyes of the gaming community, GW2 has hands-down more hype and fanaticism. Funcom is shooting themselves in the foot on this. They're better off either pre-empting the GW2 NDA drop, or giving it a few days after.

EDIT: By the way yes, I realize some sites will have their articles written ahead of time and ready to go the moment NDAs drop, but you're still going to see them popping up and drowning all other news days afterward so the point stands.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• HycooHycoo Member UncommonPosts: 217

First of all i dont think Funcom can or should care about how their press embargo is lifted compared to rivals. This has probably been planned long ago internally and the date actually means something for TSW believe it or not.

Second of all since GW2 is so much more hyped than TSW, a comparison of the 2 games can only benefit TSW if its any good. Articles will come about both games in almost equal measures, atleast on mmorpg dedicated websites. Most players are stoked about GW2 and what is has to offer (not blaming them), ''but what is this talk about TSW? The media has just as much positive to say about TSW as about GW2? Wow maybe it can be just as good then?'' People are already sold on GW2, but they seem to be much more sceptical about TSW.

Originally posted by chopgr

are you saying you tried the beta? If then, how was the game like? did you like it?

{mod edit}

Thats pretty good news for me man. GW2 is not my cap of tea (im sick of dragons and medieval setting) and this modern/metaphysical/horror setting of TSW really makes my blood warm.

I for one appreciate the fact that TSW didnt get as hyped as other games. The people that will aproach it will probably stay unlike the hyper products of SWTOR (which i currently play) and upcomming GW2.

cried out
    breathed its last."

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Worth pointing out
    Swtor lift nda 3 weeks before launch
    Tsw 9 weeks before launch.
  • red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486

Well, I'd rather play a bad game that does things differently than a bad game that doesn't, so I'm going to be casually optimistic about this one.  I'd actually like to see what Funcom could do with an MMORPG that was successful, because despite not achieving great commercial success, both Age of Conan and Anarchy Online had some interesting high points.

• VorretVorret Member Posts: 101

I'm on "wait and see" mode for this game.

I've loved most MMO Funcom made and technicly this one should be no different.  AO is a masterpiece (Imo) and Conan is really unique in its own way.

Guess it's more of a pumped up wait and see after all :P

• Black-MagicBlack-Magic Member UncommonPosts: 103

All we can do is wait and hope. You would think that they have learnt their lesson.. but like i say time will tell.

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

All we can do is wait and hope. You would think that they have learnt their lesson.. but like i say time will tell.

Well next beta phase is already on the move (previous closed). If you try to log on it will patch up actually. The word is that this next phase is as good as the entire game :P Makes me quite optimistic actually.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• watchawatchawatchawatcha Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by DaSpack

Well next beta phase is already on the move (previous closed). If you try to log on it will patch up actually. The word is that this next phase is as good as the entire game :P Makes me quite optimistic actually.

Is there anything you can tell us right now?  Or is it all in NDA still?

• HycooHycoo Member UncommonPosts: 217

Originally posted by watchawatcha

All i know is that the next beta phase has the largest amount of changes/fixes yet, and that the changes are gonna be very much visibile from the moment you launch the game. The NDA probably won't be lifted until very close to launch.

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Originally posted by watchawatcha

Well I just hear this from a friend testing the game. Also remember it's the NDA of the press that is lifted. Funcom have had gaming press over in their offices in Oslo and Montreal now for almost 2 weekends.. They are allowed to start publish about it Tuesday next week (21st Feb).

The Ultimate Breakdown

• JohnnyMotrinJohnnyMotrin Member UncommonPosts: 439

So far what I've read about the game mechanics (minus crafting) has me totally amped as it really fits the way I like my games.  The info I'm waiting on is about customizations from character creation to gear.  Character creation like CoH and custom gear like a single player game would be a dream come true however I'm not foolish enough to set my bar that high.

• silent-jonessilent-jones Member Posts: 28

The basic idea of this game might be great, but there is one problem and it cant be fixed:

It´s funcom, the fail-company.  They are the best there is in ruining great ideas. Look at  Age of Conan.

I give it a 99,999 % chance to fail.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

Originally posted by silent-jones

The basic idea of this game might be great, but there is one problem and it cant be fixed:

It´s funcom, the fail-company.  They are the best there is in ruining great ideas. Look at  Age of Conan.

by the way NDA lift is now 2/24 for those who didn't know.

I've got the straight edge.

• rusrecrusrec Member UncommonPosts: 52

There is no such thing as 99,999%

• quasar941quasar941 Member Posts: 159

Not every country uses the period as a "thousands" delimiter. Some use a comma instead. He is saying "99.999%".

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by brody71

I did not. In fact thats why I was browsing round here. Quite wise the GWII juggernaut should have slowed a bit in a couple of days. 

im expecting to see some good info today that NDA lifts. About time id say! And some beta testing should be in order shortly too!

cried out
    breathed its last."

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Anyone know the exact time when the NDA is lifted?

EDIT: According to their twitter it's 6 AM EST, which is 11:00 GMT, so in less than 3 hours!

• GargolaGargola Member Posts: 356

Just to clarify, the NDA that was lifted today is for the Press event they held last week "press immersion day" not for the beta itself.

It's an "embargo" that FC sets for all their not open-to-public or press only presentations in order for all media to have the same chance at presenting the information, without any of them having an early start over the rest.

So what we got today was the first part on a series of articles from that press-only event.  We will have some more articles and some interviews in the coming days, but again, the Beta NDA is still in place.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Gorilla

Originally posted by brody71

I did not. In fact thats why I was browsing round here. Quite wise the GWII juggernaut should have slowed a bit in a couple of days. 

Someone said earlier about how confident they were going with their press drop 1 day after GW2's...

...not that confident it seems :P

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

My guess is that your a young mmorpg player...AoC may be your only reference to funcom...so i can understand this.

Most here are either people who remember anarchy online in its prime..the guy who was behind the game is making this one.  Or people who are not socially deranged and take games personally and hold fuedes with their developer.

I hope TSW comes no where near WoW...which is what i assume you base "fail" on.  I want to keep as many of those players in SWTOR and GW2 as humanly possible....less they come here and try to dumb down the game and make it another clone basing their love/hate on instanced pvp ignoring the entier game in the process...like they do in normal themeparks.

Im actually hoping for a rough launch..this will keep these players away. If not...i hope the game is close in the complexity of AO which will ensure those pleyers will not enjoy as thinking will be involved.

Also...can someone post a new thread with NDA released info