Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Latest Build in 'Great' Shape

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard's Jay Wilson has written a new post on the Diablo 3 forums giving players a bit of information about the closed beta progress and the possibility that a release date will be announced in the 'near future'.

In the letter, Wilson indicates that the closed beta version of D3 is in good shape and that the version the team is currently testing internally is in "great shape". He indicates that players should hold Blizzard to a high standard for excellence and that he believe that players will be pleased with the result.

Lastly, Wilson writes that the launch date will be announced in the "near future".

Read the full post on the Diablo 3 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

i guess everyone must do somethign on a friday- even higher ups....'let me write a letter to the community'

<.<

Id prefer a letter when he announces a release date even if that letter arrives next year 2013. 1Q of course!

zzzz...zzz.z

p.s. iam an evil dead fan so, he gets a wink from me.

• 69Cuda69Cuda Member Posts: 251

It should be in "Great shape". After all there isn't much left to it anymore is there.

• GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198

Diablo 3 is the Duke Nukem Forever of the rpg world

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    give us beta, we dont need more news, we have enough.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

haha!! just wiki duke Nukem!!!-LOL!! awsome! very true!

these WoW palyers should just finish that  Final Cataclysm phase already, so this game can be released!!!

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    thers is a slight difference between a year and 15 years tho, this is no where close to duke's time.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ArquitetoArquiteto Member Posts: 228

This statement was released to try and make up for one of there guys saying "fans should really tone down their expectations for d3"

poll: which will be released first?

FIREFALL////DIABLO3?

lol

Originally posted by Thane

thers is a slight difference between a year and 15 years tho, this is no where close to duke's time.

Diablo 2 was released 12 years ago.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by Arquiteto

Originally posted by Thane

Diablo 2 was released 12 years ago.

It also takes a good 2-4years to create an entirely new engine from the ground up that you plan to use for MULTIPLE future products. Gone are the days when companies spent 2-4years producing a new engine for a SINGLE product. You can expect a HECK of a lot more products coming from Blizzard using Diablo 3's new engine they built from scraps.

However, Diablo 3 wasn't slated for developement until 6yrs ago. So, saying it has been in development for more than 7yrs is a little farfetched. Also, Duke Nukem Forever was passed around like a used airliner throw-up bag between different companies. The original company that did the BEST Duke Nukem (Duke Nukem 3D) wasn't around anymore to do DNF. Thus, once it WAS released 15yrs later it was a pile of poop :(.

OnTopic: Diablo 3 should be in top shape considering how much they've "cut" out of the final product for DLCs, and not to mention that Korean-Style Real Money AuctionHouse has already destroyed half the game to begin with. NONE, I repeat, NONE of my friends (whom were hard-core StayUpAllNightPlaying fans of Diablo2) are interested in Diablo 3 anymore. Most of them are tired of their wallets becoming blackholes in Blizzard Games, and ALL of us are tired of gold farmers inflating our game markets to the point of nausium.

When you put in a RMT-AuctionHouse it shifts the game away from having fun FINDING items for prestige, and shifts your product into the realm of "Let's go find PHAT LOOTS so I can go buy a new videogame down @ EBGames". Seriously? This issue will NOT go away until Blizzard removes the RMT-AuctionHouse, so don't bother complaining about it being mentioned for the billionth time :D! It IS a problem, and shouldn't be one to begin with (ie: shouldn't be anywhere near a blizzard product).

-Faded

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

They have only been working on Diablo III for fours years.  Hardly a good comparison.  

They took some fluff out of Diablo III, it won't hurt it in the least.  I like the way they are fine tuning it

If you don't like the RMT-Auction house, then don't use it.  I intend to enjoy the game and have fun with it, without using the auction house.  There will be many guilds that form to avoid that crap, just get into one and share with your guildmates.  The game is designed to be played with others.

Torchlight 2

- No RMT auctionhouse

- Supports Mods

-  $20

RMT-AuctionHouse, so don't bother complaining about it being mentioned for the billionth time :D! It IS a problem, and shouldn't be one to begin with (ie: shouldn't be anywhere near a blizzard product).

bah- i have a job. i have no time to farm-iam a casual player -i will buy items in RMT, cause i can. I support it.

its not gonna break the game. times are changing so is the game industry- move on.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

comming soon to a store near you in 2021

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

I hope to see this soon! I have been looking forward to it for a long time. The only issue I have seen on the D3 forums that bothers me a little is how easy it is on the first run through before it ramps up the difficulty. It would be nice to have a option to make it harder on your first play through.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

Originally posted by Zeppelin4

I hope to see this soon! I have been looking forward to it for a long time. The only issue I have seen on the D3 forums that bothers me a little is how easy it is on the first run through before it ramps up the difficulty. It would be nice to have a option to make it harder on your first play through.

since they forced me to have an internet connection to play single player and the fact they are taking some elements out of the game THEY dont like was enough for me to leave D3 for what it is this time.....sorry blizz.

I'll be waiting for TL2 now....they offer alot for only 20$

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

Originally posted by Arquiteto

This statement was released to try and make up for one of there guys saying "fans should really tone down their expectations for d3"

Exactly.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

near future™ ?

Originally posted by oubers

Originally posted by Zeppelin4

since they forced me to have an internet connection to play single player and the fact they are taking some elements out of the game THEY dont like was enough for me to leave D3 for what it is this time.....sorry blizz.

I'll be waiting for TL2 now....they offer alot for only 20$

What did they drop that makes you not want to play? I don't understand why it bothers people about the internet connection. Its 2012 and who isn't connected to the internet anymore 24/7 for the most part. Its like complaining that you need a computer to play a PC game. :P

As for torchlight 2 I have mild interest in. They need to do alot more then the first one to sell me on it.

Originally posted by Ozmodan

They have only been working on Diablo III for fours years.  Hardly a good comparison.  

They took some fluff out of Diablo III, it won't hurt it in the least.  I like the way they are fine tuning it

If you don't like the RMT-Auction house, then don't use it.  I intend to enjoy the game and have fun with it, without using the auction house.  There will be many guilds that form to avoid that crap, just get into one and share with your guildmates.  The game is designed to be played with others.

No they announced it four years ago. Development started in 2000. So going on 12 years.

http://www.diablowiki.net/Diablo_3_History

from wiki:

• June 28, 2000. Diablo II released.

• Late 2000. Preliminary work begins on Diablo III.

dont get me wrong- I love D3 direction, and will play it Blizzard did an exceptional job with starcraft2. that said i just like to jab at their taunts and 'beta' promotion contests..this time frame just give many of us time to play other games out there.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

I'll say it again, RMT-AuctionHouse needs to be removed. It was removed for Diablo3's release in Korea because the government wouldn't allow it for Tax reasons.

This means it CAN be removed for the NA & EU release, or all together removed.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

Originally posted by orbitxo

from wiki:

June 28, 2000. Diablo II released.

Late 2000. Preliminary work begins on Diablo III.

dont get me wrong- I love D3 direction, and will play it Blizzard did an exceptional job with starcraft2. that said i just like to jab at their taunts and 'beta' promotion contests..this time frame just give many of us time to play other games out there.

That is true but it is believed that the project was scrapped in 2003 when many people left Blizzard North and started up again in 2005 when they closed Blizzard North for good.

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

I'll say it again, RMT-AuctionHouse needs to be removed. It was removed for Diablo3's release in Korea because the government wouldn't allow it for Tax reasons.

It was removed because of anti gambling regulations.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/news/gameId/644/showArticle/23199

There is no shot of it being removed in the US or EU. 

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

May I ask why? How does the RMT effect you? It is a optional feature that you can ignore. It was around in D1 and D2 and any other MMO you play. Its called gold farmers.  What is the difference if Blizzard gives us a interface for the transactions or not? Its going to happen ethier in game with a interface or out of game.