Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mythos: A Million Dungeons Cleared in Open Beta

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

T3Fun and Hanbitsoft have announced that over a million dungeons have been cleared since Mythos Global went into open beta testing.  The team has released other interesting stats in the form of an infographic.

Join in the fun on the Mythos Global site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    been there, done that. twice now.

why again should i do it a third time?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

I prefer Median-XL

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

really? that much people is playing this game?

cause the last time i tried this game, it's as dead as fuck

So What Now?

• MoarDotsMoarDots Member Posts: 40

Originally posted by TweFoju

really? that much people is playing this game?

cause the last time i tried this game, it's as dead as fuck

They didn't exactly say "unique dungeons." Hence a person probably needs to run the dungeons about 40-50 times to get past the first 15 levels ish (personally in one session I usually do about 10 runs or more), maybe even more. That scales to about 20,000 people who have gone through the game and got to level 10-15 at least. And we also have the "hardcore" players who probably run their stamina dry playing the game and running the dungeon, who can probably hit  like 50 runs a day...or more.. That'll reduce your number to maybe 15,000 at the most?

And since it was Open Beta, the initial surge of players who ran a crapload of dungeons and enjoyed the game for maybe a week came and go. I'd put the surviving playerbase at about a few thousands, spread throughout the world.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

This game was designed as a trial to see how some concepts worked.  It was fun, but really was a bit simple.  The current owners have changed very little, it is essentially a very badly finished game.  Kids might enjoy it who have no clue that there are tons of better titles out there.  The veteran MMO player is just laughing that the developers have the nerve to put such a game out there to play.

• marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263

Mythos is a sad story really. It had such great potential. A Diablo style MMORPG with a nice art style and detailed crafting system. I played the beta back when Flagship was working on it.

The problem is, like many have said, is that it wasn't finished then and nothing has been done to the game since then. I don't know what these other companies (Hanbitsoft and T3) have been doing with it. I can see no difference in the game since the Flagship beta. I honestly think all they did was spend their time doing Korean translations and did not actually improve the gamplay or content one bit.

I think it could have been great, but it's way too little way too late now.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    usualy all these f2p companies do during their beta is to implement the cash shop ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• adiktusadiktus Member Posts: 128

In my opinion, Mythos, like Diablo, is a game where you just go back playing whenever you feel like beating monsters' crap again. It's not the usual MMORPG where you try to grind your way and finish all the quests or story.

As such, the game is not as crowded as you would expect, but it does have a decent number of players going on and off. I'm one of those who are casually playing it.