Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 the year Bioware sold their souls to the DEVIL!

Timeout77Timeout77 Member Posts: 177

The next few years saw a number of changes in BioWare's corporate status. In November 2005, it was announced that BioWare and Pandemic Studios (itself founded by former Activision employees) would be joining forces, with private equity fund Elevation Partners investing in the partnership. On October 11, 2007, however, it was announced that this new partnership (organized as VG Holding Corp) had been bought by Electronic Arts BioWare therefore became a unit of EA......

Rest in peace Bioware

1995-2007

Only the good die young

Comments

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

"The Devil"

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

At the expense of being flamed to death, after this and numerous other similar posts, I'm getting the impression that the Bioware fanboys are trying to distance themselves from SWTOR. It took almost 2 months but it's becoming clear now that the Bioware we think produced SWTOR is not the same.

No reflection on the OP!

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

Originally posted by jacklo

At the expense of being flamed to death, after this and numerous other similar posts, I'm getting the impression that the Bioware fanboys are trying to distance themselves from SWTOR. It took almost 2 months but it's becoming clear now that the Bioware we think produced SWTOR is not the same.

No reflection on the OP!

There is some truth to this. 

I won't name them but they (and other forum goers) know who they are... many boorish SWTOR fanbois have basically stopped posting on the SWTOR forums. I still see them in other sections of this site. But they have dropped their defense of the game and all the barbs they had for people critical of SWTOR. 

Makes me chuckle :)

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Originally posted by Kakkzooka

"The Devil"

Even Satan himself couldn't conjure up something like Howard the Duck (movie) AND Jar Jar Binks.

Duck Tits ftl.

• gw1228gw1228 Member UncommonPosts: 127

Yeah they sure did...if  you want more proof go check out what's currently happening with Mass Effect 3  turns out

if you didn't buy the CE version of Mass Effect 3 you will h ave to buy some DLC content that will be released with

the game....pretty sucky if you ask me.  Gamers everywhere are furious saying that it should of been included in the game

pretty shameful Bioware pretty shameful.....

That's ok, because SWTOR will be forced to go F2P before they can recuperate all the money they spent on making this game.

This game is like the Waterworld of Video Gaming right now.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

i dont get it.....i still enjoy SWTOR (but i am a sucker for stories and lore).

Yeah its pretty shallow but for the casual gamer like myself it will do.....maybe SW will bring me back a real MMORPG expirience once more....never had that feeling since UO and Asheron's call 2 (and maybe vanilla wow a bit too).

I think Tera for one just is not realy a good game from what i read and seen on youtube but that does not make it a bad game because i dont like it does it?

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Lol. Hyperbole ftw!

There's little sense of perspective if game companies and mergers are being compared to the devil and selling your souls to it. If THAT can be compared with evil, then you might as well say that the whole world is solidly in the grip of evil and the devil, seeing the far, far more worse stuff that's going around, even in something like corporate business -_-
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by oubers

Yeah its pretty shallow but for the casual gamer like myself it will do.....maybe SW will bring me back a real MMORPG expirience once more....never had that feeling since UO and Asheron's call 2 (and maybe vanilla wow a bit too).

I think Tera for one just is not realy a good game from what i read and seen on youtube but that does not make it a bad game because i dont like it does it?

They arn't going to listen, though I agree with you. This is a great casual game for those who were tired of hit accept, ignore wall of text, and repeat. Right now they have nothing to play so they hover here with nothing better to do.

There Is Always Hope!

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Originally posted by keithian

They arn't going to listen, though I agree with you. This is a great casual game for those who were tired of hit accept, ignore wall of text, and repeat. Right now they have nothing to play so they hover here with nothing better to do.

It all comes down to the expectations game.  If this game had a 40 million dollar budget and was F2P, most people probably wouldn't say anything.

Since they spent at least 200 million, charge a subscription, and people talk about how it is supposed to be a "AAA MMO", well, the expectations game goes up quite a bit.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

"Girls are da debbul, Bobby Boucher!"

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Anyone who played Dragon Age should have figured this out a while ago. I thought Mass Effect 2 was uninspiring as well.

Its a shame because Bioware used to be my favorite dev, and a large reason for why I was so hyped for Swtor. But we need to remember the good Bioware, considering Kotor and Jade Empire are two of my favorite rpgs.
  • TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Yes they took a little bit longer to sell out than most. Kudos to you holding onto the dream as long as you did Bioware.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• monothmonoth Member Posts: 551

Originally posted by iceman00

It all comes down to the expectations game.  If this game had a 40 million dollar budget and was F2P, most people probably wouldn't say anything.

Since they spent at least 200 million, charge a subscription, and people talk about how it is supposed to be a "AAA MMO", well, the expectations game goes up quite a bit.

You guys act like it was your money they spent making this game....  And it's not just this game EVERY MMO on these forums is trolled heavily usually by the same group of people who get there kicks out of trying to start fights....

The funny thing is how some people think Their Opinion actually means something, it means jack squat, NOBODY cares if you like the game or not.... NOBODY cares if you think they wasted 200 million making it... NOBODY cares about anything you have to say regarding the game....  Maybe when the trolls realize this they will move on..  Be nice to have forums you can actually get useful information from without wading through all the trash troll posts..

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by monoth

The funny thing is how some people think Their Opinion actually means something, it means jack squat, NOBODY cares if you like the game or not.... NOBODY cares if you think they wasted 200 million making it... NOBODY cares about anything you have to say regarding the game....  Maybe when the trolls realize this they will move on..  Be nice to have forums you can actually get useful information from without wading through all the trash troll posts..

Just curious, do you consider your opinions valuable? Do they mean something? If so, what makes your opinions valuable but those who disagree with you jack squat? If not, would you consider you yourself trolling? If not, why not?

I've always thought of forums as a place to exchange information but perhaps I'm wrong.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

You guys act like it was your money they spent making this game....  And it's not just this game EVERY MMO on these forums is trolled heavily usually by the same group of people who get there kicks out of trying to start fights....

No not one troll will change much, but many trolls/haters have weight an influence on outcome.

But we still live in free world btw so everybody is entitled to there opinion if you like or not fan of bioware.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by smh_alot

Lol. Hyperbole ftw!

There's little sense of perspective if game companies and mergers are being compared to the devil and selling your souls to it. If THAT can be compared with evil, then you might as well say that the whole world is solidly in the grip of evil and the devil, seeing the far, far more worse stuff that's going around, even in something like corporate business -_-

Well money is the root of all evil and EA love to nickle and dime their customers so i'll leave you do the math.

Originally posted by forest-nl

No not one troll will change much, but many trolls/haters have weight an influence on outcome.

But we still live in free world btw so everybody is entitled to there opinion if you like or not fan of bioware.

only the naive think they live in a free world.

• SupergrassSupergrass Member Posts: 110

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

"The Devil"

Even Satan himself couldn't conjure up something like Howard the Duck (movie) AND Jar Jar Binks.

Duck Tits ftl.

Jar Jar Binks gets a lot a crap (that's well deserved, mind you), but why do people so easily forget about the Ewoks? They were so over the top and silly. And they were also just $$$ characters aimed toward the kids. Freakin' Ewoks! I hate them. image

Lest we forget the Lapti Nek scene? Nothing.. and I mean nothing.. is as cheesy as this in the Star Wars films.. LOL!

Currently Playing:

Nothing.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

hmmm no even she disagrees it wasn't EA that released an unfinished game called it an mmo, which it wasn't, close tho, and then proceeded to make it so part of the main game of their next title needed to be purchased before launch, and upped the price to ludicrous levels on their console game. They knew what they were doing and it's why they released it early because they new the IP would guarantee sales.

Originally posted by Supergrass

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

"The Devil"

Duck Tits ftl.

Jar Jar Binks gets a lot a crap (that's well deserved, mind you), but why do people so easily forget about the Ewoks? They were so over the top and silly. And they were also just $$$ characters aimed toward the kids. Freakin' Ewoks! I hate them. image

Lest we forget the Lapti Nek scene? Nothing.. and I mean nothing.. is as cheesy as this in the Star Wars films.. LOL!

Not to mention the crappy jedi fights in the original trilogy.