Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well that was quick They fixed what plagued PvP.

Comments

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Originally posted by eHug

Originally posted by Anubisan

OP - If there is anything this thread should show you, it is that most people on this board will not give Bioware credit for ANYTHING they do right. They will only parrot negative comments and pat each other on the back for hating the new 'cool' hate target MMO.

That being said, I agree with you that Bioware has fixed some big issues with this patch. They have been addressing the bugs and other problems in a very timely manner in general so far and I peronally think they deserve a lot more credit than they will ever get on this particular forum.

Come on, don't generalize as much as the people you critize, that only makes you a hypocrite. And fixing two of many game breaking bugs/exploits after two month is "adressing bugs in a very timely manner"?  I don't think so.

By the way, I was speechless when I read that the bug still exists, but can't be provoked. How hard can it be to make sure that there are only 8 players?

if(team.playerCount<8){

team.addPlayer(player);

}

wow, that was rocket science, wasn't it? (;

That would actually get you an error until you define the functions, so no it is not that easy.

In Bioware we trust!

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

Originally posted by Nazgol

OP - If there is anything this thread should show you, it is that most people on this board will not give Bioware credit for ANYTHING they do right. They will only parrot negative comments and pat each other on the back for hating the new 'cool' hate target MMO.

That being said, I agree with you that Bioware has fixed some big issues with this patch. They have been addressing the bugs and other problems in a very timely manner in general so far and I peronally think they deserve a lot more credit than they will ever get on this particular forum.

Come on, don't generalize as much as the people you critize, that only makes you a hypocrite. And fixing two of many game breaking bugs/exploits after two month is "adressing bugs in a very timely manner"?  I don't think so.

By the way, I was speechless when I read that the bug still exists, but can't be provoked. How hard can it be to make sure that there are only 8 players?

if(team.playerCount<8){

team.addPlayer(player);

}

That would actually get you an error until you define the functions, so no it is not that easy.

If there was no function to add a player to a team then you wouldn't be able to do WZs. And getting the count of players on a team is trivial, no matter how you organize your data. So what exactly are you trying to say?

LFG!
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by Dreadblade

Because in BWs eyes 12-8 when it is Imps to pubs does not make a difference, it was only whne pubs started doing it back, I am joking by the way but those that PvP in this game know what I am talking about.

I think when pubs were able to exploit this the imps should allow for it. It should be amazing within itself if they actually have 12 around to begin with so seems only fair they get a bone thrown their way every once in a while.

They could have added that to their latest video by golly showing how incredibly balanced the servers are! Maybe have another testimonial from a customer!

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Originally posted by gainesvilleg

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

So "timely manner" is apparently 2 months.

I suppose those waiting for an Ilum overhaul and other significant fixes are looking at a 5 year window.

Lets be honest though no serious PVPer is waiting on anything regarding SWTOR.  I enjoyed the PVE story but the PVP was a joke.  I cancelled my subscripton not because I didn't enjoy the story, but because I finished the story and my usual endgame is PVP.  The PVP crowd has left already and will never return so they probably don't need to even bother fixing it to be honest...

This.  I can't imagine that there are many hardcore PvP people left in the game.  They may help themselves by devoting most of their dev team to PvE at this point.

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Originally posted by Nazgol

if(team.playerCount<8){

team.addPlayer(player);

}

If there was no function to add a player to a team then you wouldn't be able to do WZs. And getting the count of players on a team is trivial, no matter how you organize your data. So what exactly are you trying to say?

You are implying it takes a simple IF statement to correct the issue, I am stating you would have to define the functions inside the IF statement plus how those functions interact with other code inside the game (which could cause errors and is part of the debugging process). So no it's not just that simple as I can imagine the coding in this game to be obscene.

In Bioware we trust!

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

if(team.playerCount<8){

team.addPlayer(player);

}

I honestly don't think its a stretch to say that people on these forums are overwhelmingly negative. You can see it in pretty much every game forum on this site (except perhaps for some games that have not been released yet). I chalk it up to the fact that there are so many MMO burnouts around here.

As for your assertion that Bioware has only fixed two big bugs over two months, I call BS. Again, there have been MANY issues fixed so far and there are many pages of patch notes with bug fixes I could paste here, but that is not necessary. They are available for anyone who actually cares to see them. Like it or not, Bioware HAS fixed many problems in a very short period of time. Have they fixed everything? No. Is the game perfect yet? No. Obviously. MMOs always take some time to get fully ironed out after release. It has only been two months!

Also, you don't know how many other factors there are in the code for figuring out warzone groups. I guarantee you that the code for this task in a game as complex as an MMO is MUCH more complicated than your example.

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174

Cancelled my sub purely from the Combat and PVP. Worst I have ever seen in an MMO in 10 years, it still makes me upset to this day will never come back. EVER

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

As for your assertion that Bioware has only fixed two big bugs over two months, I call BS. Again, there have been MANY issues fixed so far and there are many pages of patch notes with bug fixes I could paste here, but that is not necessary. They are available for anyone who actually cares to see them. Like it or not, Bioware HAS fixed many problems in a very short period of time. Have they fixed everything? No. Is the game perfect yet? No. Obviously. MMOs always take some time to get fully ironed out after release. It has only been two months!

Also, you don't know how many other factors there are in the code for figuring out warzone groups. I guarantee you that the code for this task in a game as complex as an MMO is MUCH more complicated than your example.

As for you saying that EA/Bioware fixed many issues, that might be true, but I talk about the topic and that's exploits that plague PVP. So what major PVP exploits have been fixed aside of the two that were mentioned by the OP? I only know of the two, but feel free to name some other serious issues that have been fixed, it always can happen that I miss a patch note.

As for the "other factors in figuring out warzone groups", which factors will actually avoid you from simply checking team size before you add players to a team? I can't imagine such a factor and I am developing software for nearly 20 years now so would assume I've should have seen or at least heard of such a thing in one of the multiplayer or distributed chat server systems that I developed over the years. Bad code design doesn't count as a reason and keep in mind that instances are not cross server which actually might have gives the devs something to think about.

LFG!
  • Skaara55Skaara55 Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by RoyalPhunk

Cancelled my sub purely from the Combat and PVP. Worst I have ever seen in an MMO in 10 years, it still makes me upset to this day will never come back. EVER

Yeah, pretty much my opinion as well. I don't even really care if they even fix the game anymore. After multiple forum bans for just trying to get my point across on fixes and fighting off the biodrone defense force I'm done with this game and pretty much Bioware as well. I'll just finish it off by pirating Mass Effect 3 to at least feel like I got my money back. Other than that I will just keep telling people to not buy the game and will continue to keep trashing it at every chance I get.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Lawlmonster

This is just a matter of opinion, but what plagues PvP in TOR is going to exist from the day it opened until the day it dies. The game simply wasn't created with player combat in mind, and I think that's pretty obvious from the manner in which they've chosen to design the leveling content. Regardless, for someone like me who thrives on competitive play, there's simply too much left to chance, RNG, and class balance that prohibits me from enjoying the PvP in TOR as much as I would like. That being said, it's certainly adequate, but not enjoyable as far as longevity is concerned (that is, without some form of update in the near future). That is to say, I was bored with warzones after my fourth or fifth Huttball.

You just proved to everyone you havn't enough experience in PVP to actually make an educated statement, as someone who is a battlemaster I can say you are completely wrong about the PVP balance and the game not being "Designed" for player combat.

Too much left up to RNG?  what are you smoking and can i have some?

You are just throwing negative descriptions at a game and hoping some of them stick, too bad that the ones you chose dont' apply to SWTOR...

Try again

Edit:  I think its funny the people who complain that things don't go their way and that no one listens to them, then they explain that were so outrageous and rude that they were banned for voicing their "opinions"  most of which are probably unproductive and pretty much the reverse of helpful.

Try having a nice attitude on the forums if you want people to listen.

• Timeout77Timeout77 Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by Monorojo

Wiht today's patch they fixed the Warzone issue that saw people intentionally abusing an error and producing 12v8 warzones, and they fixed the ilum /stuck glitch that allowed people do rez where they died.

I know a lot of you guys hate bioware with a passion and think this game is the devils work, but you got to give credit where credit is due. They also implemented cooldown timers (multiple options) on the skill bars.

What are people going to complain about now?

How fucked up it was to spend most of the development cost on Sotrylines and quests. That people would be done with in max 2 months. If they had done it the other way around people would have alot more things to do at endgame then they have now. And "joe casul" Will never stick with the game longer then it takes them to level. Unless there are other things then Mouse wheel grinds awaiting them at endgame. And all the reall hardcore people have left, because the endgame was to Easy. That is what happens when you try please everyone...

Developers should make Endgame fist, figure out what it should be about, how to keep players playing it. How to make it MORE fun.. And less time focusing on Timesink mechanics like leveling. Most people Iv talked 2 that quit the game were spacebaring through most of it in the end. So making people listen to a cutscene Movie to slow down their progression was a BAD IDE.. just saying...

Make a good endgame, like CCP did with EVE and your population will keep growing, EvE is up to 400k subscribers now.. SWTOR is losing subs faster then they are gaining them. And even whith their little trick, with lowering server caps at the end of January, all the smart people saw through it. Creating even more Hostilite towards them.  Bioware have lied and lied and then lied some more to thier subscribers..

And fixing Bugs that should have been fixed before release should not give anny applause. Im personaly disgusted with their latest PR trick Video, were they try and lie some more....

Enough is enough we all know they sold thier souls to SATAN(EA)

• DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

I concur with the endgame idea, problem is they screwed themselves by making leveling so quick, maybe just maybe if they slowed down the leveling and allowed the community to grow as a whole things would have worked out better.

Rift should have given them some inkling on why not to allow a fast leveling experience, and these newer devs seem to think that is the way to go. If I am not mistaken leveling in Vanilla WoW did not take 2 weeks, it took a decent amount of time, does not matter what wow has become lately but look at the success it did achieve in it's heyday, and getting to max level in 2 weeks was not it. Nor did it have raids, or BGs when launched, just really fun OWPvP.

if(team.playerCount<8){

team.addPlayer(player);

}

I honestly don't think its a stretch to say that people on these forums are overwhelmingly negative. You can see it in pretty much every game forum on this site (except perhaps for some games that have not been released yet). I chalk it up to the fact that there are so many MMO burnouts around here.

We are not NEGATIVE. We are critical.. There are some games I dont play (because they are not my play style) But I still respect them. But when things get hyped up, and people come along and say they have invented the wheel (story). They Insult my Inteligence.

Im going to put it like this. I will probably not play GW2.. never played GW1 but I still respect ArenaNet. I played Vanilla WoW. Quit a few months efter burning crusade. But I have a massive amount of respect for Blizzard. I have only played one Bioware game  Baldurs gate, bought it back in the 90s when it came out. The game wasent for me and I have never played another BIOWARE game in my life. But I still had Respect for them. And people were giving them high regards for thier single player RPG games. The way they do them dosent apeal to me personaly. But I still respected them.. Untill they sold Out to EA and started talking a bunch of bullshit. That first pressconfrence they had At E3, when they all marched up on stage dressed in Jedai outfits. It just dident bring out any good emotions in me. Iv hated the game since that pressconfrence. Because for me personaly all they were planing to do was WRECK this genre even more... All the info they gave me Told me This is just 5 steps backwards instad of a giant leap forward..

I play EvE online, I like sanbox games. I loved Lineage2, wasent a full sandbox but it was about community. I play MMOs to interact with others. Not to RUN RAIDS, Battlegrounds or play quest games and use Cross server grouping. BOP, no working Economay in themepark games(to stop 3rd party people from making money on the thier IP). No crafting that is of anny use, you can see this in SWTOR now were you have item Inflation..   To many sacrifices have been made that has slowly destroyed MY DREAMS and my HOPES for what this genre could have been. And Bioware were just gona hit one more NAIL in the coffin...

EvE online still exist so I have a game to play, but Iv been playing it a very long time now, would be fun if some A+ devloper took a chans and made something diffrent.  AOC was fun but had way to many bugs. Warhammer was just BAD, first game I had to force myself to even log into, quit after first month. Cryptic made a good game with City of heroes/villans but then they started down the path like all the rest. And the games became like Tunnles, Instanced crap.

I Do respect Turbine, they set out to make a SOLID PVE MMO and they manged to pull that off with LOTRO. I played it about 6 months after it was Released. But in the end the lack of Player vs player interaction killed it for me. But if you like PVE its a solid game.

I also Respect NCSoft.. they have given out some decent games, Both AION and Lineage2 were good games. But all the goffy mini charecters in AION and the wings just wasent my thing. I still say the game Is SOLID and alot of KOREANs would agree with me....

leauge of legends its a MOBA, but I respect RIOT games, they have made a really good game. I dont respect Wargaming Net, because World of tanks is a pay to win game, its made to lure people out of money....

So dont call us Burnouts, we dont hate on all games just the once that COULD have been so much more. With the Space IP of STAR WARS, Bioware could have revitalized the whole genre. Focused on space combat more, stoped using the Tank and spank, stoped using mouse wheel game design, stoped using Battlegrounds, stoped using Raids.. They should have Risked it. Because you know what... Great RISK gives GREATER REWARDS. But instead they played it safe, did what the suits at EA told them to do and made Themepark Onehundread and one that we had all played before... No innovation, accept cutscens to slow down the levling progression. In my book that is EPIC FAIL....

So now they will not get the customers that are like me (and there are a few of us trust me). They will not get the people that are playing WoW and RIFT... They wil not get their core audiance, the single player crowed. This game has no audiance and the drop in server activity shows it.... If they had made a NEW GAME, many more WoW players would have jumped ship.. Most of the Old vets like me would have played it.. And They would have gotten more New people that had never tried the genre but who liked the single player games. You know why?? because of player Hype... the Internet would have been buzzing about how diffrent it was, how new it felt.. The Ingame atmpsphere would have been much better. People would have ignored bugs, because evryone would have just been amazed by the Newness of it. We would have ignored bugs, and keept on hyping it to our friends, and on Youtube etc... Now all you see in Youtube Is ridicule videos about the TORTANIC sinking...

• SonictempalSonictempal Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

They put a band-aid on a severed artery.

LOL...

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497

Originally posted by Entropy14

How hard is it really to design a fun planet for PVP ??? I mean seriously Ilum is such a joke and so boring, if designed properly, with multiple goals, lots of fun bases, prisons, and other SW theme loctations scattered all over a beautiful planet with bonuses to the entire server would make a planet filled with 100 from each side fighting to achieve said goals.

Instead they make the barren wasteland of snow with 1 base for each faction 300000 miles apart with a few things in the middle, wow , how lazy, boring an unimaginative. 

And how poorly thought out do things need to be to not realize you would have like an 80/20 split on most pvp servers.

Like FK Im not expert but dosnt take a genius to figure out that Ilum would be complete fail and boring.

That's what got me, I guess in hindsight I shouldn't have been surprised though.

They had over a decade of MMOs to dissect and learn from, and they launched with a pvp planet that revolved around taking turns clicking on some walkers. I guess Ilum was a last minute grab for another bullet point to put on the box. Seriously, that couldn't have taken more than a day or two to implement given the toolsets they had. It's probably the least imaginitive and least complex system I've ever seen implemented, and it still didn't work.

I actually enjoyed the basic combat system in Swtor to an extent, for some reason. At the very least it felt as if there was a bit of synergy between some abilities and multiple ways my particular class could approach situations. I would have probably overlooked how shallow and cut & paste the rest of the game was if they'd simply managed to implement a working pvp system with some longevity (Battlemaster in less than 3 weeks after launch with a full time job doesn't leave much to work towards).

I love games, I love Star Wars, and I would love if this was a game that held my interest for more than a few weeks. However, after seeing all the self back patting and blatant spin they've been parading out for us after shipping a clunky uninspired clone rather than surprising me with meaningful fixes and respectable future goals I'm fairly certain this is not the team that's going to implement anything that would ever bring me back.

Originally posted by Valkaern

How hard is it really to design a fun planet for PVP ??? I mean seriously Ilum is such a joke and so boring, if designed properly, with multiple goals, lots of fun bases, prisons, and other SW theme loctations scattered all over a beautiful planet with bonuses to the entire server would make a planet filled with 100 from each side fighting to achieve said goals.

Instead they make the barren wasteland of snow with 1 base for each faction 300000 miles apart with a few things in the middle, wow , how lazy, boring an unimaginative. 

And how poorly thought out do things need to be to not realize you would have like an 80/20 split on most pvp servers.

Like FK Im not expert but dosnt take a genius to figure out that Ilum would be complete fail and boring.

That's what got me, I guess in hindsight I shouldn't have been surprised though.

They had over a decade of MMOs to dissect and learn from, and they launched with a pvp planet that revolved around taking turns clicking on some walkers. I guess Ilum was a last minute grab for another bullet point to put on the box. Seriously, that couldn't have taken more than a day or two to implement given the toolsets they had. It's probably the least imaginitive and least complex system I've ever seen implemented, and it still didn't work.

I actually enjoyed the basic combat system in Swtor to an extent, for some reason. At the very least it felt as if there was a bit of synergy between some abilities and multiple ways my particular class could approach situations. I would have probably overlooked how shallow and cut & paste the rest of the game was if they'd simply managed to implement a working pvp system with some longevity (Battlemaster in less than 3 weeks after launch with a full time job doesn't leave much to work towards).

I love games, I love Star Wars, and I would love if this was a game that held my interest for more than a few weeks. However, after seeing all the self back patting and blatant spin they've been parading out for us after shipping a clunky uninspired clone rather than surprising me with meaningful fixes and respectable future goals I'm fairly certain this is not the team that's going to implement anything that would ever bring me back.

Were is the Deathstar PVP RAID?? I mean come on the first thing I would have done was look at Return of the Jedai.. THen I would have said. HOW do we pull this off as PvP RAID Target.... Lets make it so that the EMPIRE builds a new one each week then players have a WEEK to fight on both sides. If Rebublic wins Death star goes BOOM.. all get Nice rewards. If Imps win the death star Keeps standing. Then I would have gone to the Empire strikes back and looked at the opening fight on the snow planet.. And I would have said how do we make something like this(dont have to bee on a snow planet) That is the Rebublic WEEK base.. and used the same mechanic.. Let the devs throw in new Ideas, and Not make it exacly like the movies " BUT ATLEAST TRY TO CAPTURE THE ATMOSPHERE" of the movies we all grew up and loved.

Second (dont know if this is in the game) I would have made an Outlaw planet.. with a FUCKING AWSOME Smuggler BAR.. like" A new Hope" then I would have stolen SPEED racing from the first of the new movies. And had player vs player speed races. You could trim your own racer, build it and customize it. People could take bets on who was going to win. And have like 3 events or more per WEEK, for high level players to have fun with.

Then I would have made a smuggling Mechanic.. You could hide stuff on your ship, and run from both Republic and Empire.. Because in my version of this game you would not have just two Factions. Factions in a STAR WARS GAME COME ON...

I would have looked into how to make space travel fun... and so much more. There are thousands of cool things you could have done.. Instead people are collecting 10 rats and doing tank and spank...

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by Valkaern

What got me was when we started a new phase in beta and I got to Ilum.

One of the BioWare guys was doing some interview and talking about Ilum... saying there were all these control points to fight over and reasons to take them.   He then went on to say that Ilum was only one of many planets like that...

and I was reading this interview thinking... Ilum isn't anything like that and its the only planet of its kind.

So of course you hope that its there by release...  

There are two sides to the Ilum thing.   One is that I agree it wouldn't take much to realize Ilum was not a good design.   While BioWare kept on repeating "this is our first MMO" that wasn't exactly true.   Many people working on TOR had worked on DAoC or WAR... or other MMO's.   BioWare was also in a position that not many MMO developers have ever been in... they had multiple *live* products with direct access.   They could look directly at the code for Dark Age of Camelot or WAR... they could look at sieges etc... frontier setup and then apply it to TOR.   They didn't seem to do that at all....   Think of the Frontier in DAoC applied to Ilum and the structures changed from Keeps to Star Wars appropriate... obviously that would be a great design.   Instead of Relics ... they could have certain control points have the same effect as a relic capture.   Which would give incentive to fight over key installations... but no..

The other side of the coin is the severe lack of high level testing in beta.   To be honest Ilum almost never had much testing.   Yes in certain phases there was a decent number of the current testing group there.   In a small closed beta that's not saying much...  Later as testing pool size increased (but phases grew shorter) they tried a few times to deploy high level characters.   Every single time this caused problems.   First they tried to deploy up to 2 high level (40+) toons directly to the active test servers... this caused the servers to become unstable and the characters were removed.   There were at least two times they tried high level specific server deployment (it might have been 3 times) but every single time the server(s) became unstable and were taken down.

Lack of high level testing seems fairly common enough in beta's.   Total lack of creative development for a planet like Ilum...  espeically when you have properties like DAoC and WAR at your fingertips??

There really is just no excuse for Ilum. 

I'm just talking about Ilum to be clear.   I'm not trying to debate the overall quality of the game.   Ilum just should have been much more than it was and currently is.   In fact as fast as people level in games these days... Ilum should have had the most development time of any planet.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Wiht today's patch they fixed the Warzone issue that saw people intentionally abusing an error and producing 12v8 warzones, and they fixed the ilum /stuck glitch that allowed people do rez where they died.

I know a lot of you guys hate bioware with a passion and think this game is the devils work, but you got to give credit where credit is due. They also implemented cooldown timers (multiple options) on the skill bars.

Dude.  If my daugher wraps my car around a tree and then fixes it...    Uh, no, she doesn't get 'credit for a good job.'   She still wrecked the car in the first place.     Even if it's a perfect repair, I'm no better off than before she wrecked it.   HOWEVER, I'm inconvienenced for three weeks...

• AcmegamerAcmegamer Member UncommonPosts: 337

Yeah, we all read patch notes and knew that they were fixing it with that patch. So you aren't telling us anything new. As to what to complain about? Do a freaking google or read past threads, the laundry list of issues is just getting tiresome repeating to those blinders wearing fanatics.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

This is like the first thing they've actually fix in 3 months after numerous fixes. I've already unsubscribed from the game, but I just want to make sure you don't overly hype what they've done.

They have numerous other problmes. Can we get the daily bug fix that ones been around even longer than the Warzone group bug, or at least was brought to light later. Fixing que groups doesn't do anything for Illum either, although they'll probably need a stick of dynamite to get that sorted out.

So give them a nod for completing something, but don't be "satisfied" by this. You got to keep the boot on their knecks if you expect stuff to get down with that game or it'll just get left behind the first chance Bioware see's an out..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

Originally posted by AcmeGamer

Yeah, we all read patch notes and knew that they were fixing it with that patch. So you aren't telling us anything new. As to what to complain about? Do a freaking google or read past threads, the laundry list of issues is just getting tiresome repeating to those blinders wearing fanatics.

I think he should be cut some slack. I would imagine for the first few minutes someone surfaces from having their head buried in the sand for long periods of time it can be very disorienting and hard to catch up on matters. It is entirely possible that explains his OP if he wrote it in those first few minutes he came up for air.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

Originally posted by Dreadblade

Game is dying, BW is grasping for anything now that will save it, but too little to late. There was one Very Heavy server last night at prime time and 3 heavy all the rest standard and light, time was 8:45 PM EST and the source for all the fanbois going to defend it was http://www.swtor.com/server-status.

Go check it out tonight the game is dying dying dying........................... This game is not nearly as fun as WoW was at launch sorry for all the bugs and issues wow had the game was FUN, unlike this piece of garbage.

LOL this is not even close to true either. I checked at 11 45 EST and there were 10+ heavy servers, 1 full, and the majority of the rest standard. Then the last 15~ EST servers that have been light since there incarnation practically (This was a mis-step by bioware) are shcokinglt still light. People sight xfire and random other nonsense but that again shows no indication of dropped sub numbers, just that people dont play a game as much in the 3rd month as they did in the first month. Shocking news again I guess?

. Then the last 15~ EST servers that have been light since there incarnation practically (This was a mis-step by bioware) are shcokinglt still light.

Well, kudos to at least admitting to one overstep on their part. Although an argument could be made for quite a few of those servers sitting at standard too. Least a portion of them anyways.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

[Mod Edit]

What it is, is an incomplete game currenly being beta tested by paying customers.

Every single "issue" many people have, i reported 3-4 months before release, and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

Yet here we are.

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

I am in no way affiliated with Bioware or even a fan of the compant. Being a fan of a corporation out to make money is idiotic, how anyone can have strong feelings towards a corportation (unless they work for them perhaps) either way is beyond my comprehension, and honestly incredibly sad and depressing.

They have made many mistakes just as all other MMO developers have. Saying they have made nothing but mistakes is inherently wrong.