Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returned to MO with 2 friends

BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Member UncommonPosts: 296

Hey,

Just wanted to make  a thread saying me and a couple Darkfall buddies joined MO and are having so much fun.  I played a little over a year ago for a couple months and quit due to the Desync issues and lack of population. 

Since then they fixed Theivary, Dawn Exp, Butchery, Alchemy, Cooking, Territory Exp, mail system, Task boards, Game Boards fluff,  They also made tons of progrees fixing the desync client side detection. 

I am not getting hit from players over 20 yards away from me anymore. 

A ton of the bugs were fixed and the game is definatly in a great playable state. 

This is the best sandbox game out right now and we have having a ton of fun,  we tried getting some SWTOR players to check the trial out but its just not for them,  You need to be a type of MMO player to get this game. 

Also beware of Meduli and Fabernum,   Seems to be where all the griefing and PvP is,  all the other cities are great.  Even with all the griefers in Meduli there are some cool cats there who made meduli tons of fun.  I recomend all the old players to go back and check it out,  Im amazed at how far they have come to fixing the game,  Also archery is a lot more fun and less random.  U use the tip of the arrow to aim instead of the Circle thing they had. 

Awakening EXP is gonna blow this game out of the water/

EDIT: forgot to mention,  if you dont have a friend who makes an ALT for a main Butcher.  farming in this game is really hard.  It seems this game is dependant on butchers as they are like the gateway for economy. 

Comments

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588

MO needs to get better writers, so these posts don't sound like commercials, if they're to be believed.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Except he has a point, this sounds like a cheap car commercial.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

Originally posted by Quesa

Except he has a point, this sounds like a cheap car commercial.

Except you can look at his registry date and post history and clearly see that he's not someone who just made an account to troll these forums.

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

Me and 2 friends just tried this again on trial and left.

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

[mod edit]
  • RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

[mod edit]

While I'm not saying this poster is a shill, you know it's possible that accounts of SV staff could've been created before the game released? Perhaps they played another game, like UO or EVE and saw the need to register, since apparently MO is(was going to be) just like them both.

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

His post is factually correct from what I can tell, and no fishy stuff like we've seen lately with two accounts created at the same time backing each others outrageous statements up.

It's not impossible for people to like mo, no need to jump on everyone posting a positive experience.

To the OP, I'm glad you're having fun. Personally I'll be trying it again after awakening

• malcster505malcster505 Member Posts: 4

I give them two months before they're as cynical as the majority of us. 

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Stay on topic please.

• xevanonxevanon Member UncommonPosts: 76

I can see for some times now that there is more and more post on Mortal Online made by players/sv staff ecct..

I have a suggestion, a contructive one, why one of them write a updated not biased review of Mortal Online with the pro and cons about the game, its been a long time we didn't get one and I think, this is the good time to do it before the Awakening EXP release.

Thanks

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

OP's experience sounds similar to mine when I played last Nov-Dec. I don't play now, because I don't have enough time. But I played alot in those two months. And I was really happy to have a butcher for coin to get training books.

I have all my stuff in Meduli, because I think it's a good place for a new miner/extractor.  I didn't find any griefing in meduli at that time, but I did get pickpocketed twice. The first time, I talked to the guy and he gave me my 1 silver back. It wasn't much to him and he was just doing it for fun.  The second time, another guy got me for 10s, which was a lot to me at the time. But he got away with it. I knew who it was. I was careless and it could have been avoided. So lesson learned. If you are in Meduli, be paranoid.

I did get needlessly griefed a couple of times in Fabernum in the starting area, but I just ghost ran to Meduli and avoided that player. I got killed once farming pigs in Meduli by a newish player with a big body guard watching over him. Finally, I got killed a couple of times around a red town while a war was going on over territory control. That was it and I was mostly free to be about my business of building up my toons in Meduli. But you have to be wary and it does take a lot of time. 

I don't think that whenever anyone likes the game and posts here it means he works for SV. 

• Hitman111110Hitman111110 Member Posts: 9

You want the truth about Mortal? Ok it has its issues,  it has its reasons to play  and not to play.  But I do enjoy playing the game. Am I excited about awaking, you can bet. I saw the AI test I was impressed with.  But then AI is better than no AI.  You guys can rag on the staff, they are good, never had an issue with them.  Just  remember everyone makes misteaks  they are human.  but back onto the real issue, Why do you guys slam this game so bad?   

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by Hitman111110

You want the truth about Mortal? Ok it has its issues,  it has its reasons to play  and not to play.  But I do enjoy playing the game. Am I excited about awaking, you can bet. I saw the AI test I was impressed with.  But then AI is better than no AI.  You guys can rag on the staff, they are good, never had an issue with them.  Just  remember everyone makes misteaks  they are human.  but back onto the real issue, Why do you guys slam this game so bad?   

Read some of the threads here. It has been explained many times.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

Cleary, yet people seem never to catch a idea.  They always seem to bash someone for trying outside the norm.  But I am sure I will be accused of working for SV or something. I pay my monthly with .55 discount.  Just a normal guy who enjoys playing games.  It took me awhile to register for this site, because I wasnt sure I wanted to deal with the trolling for standing up for what I thought and not being a normal fanboi.

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319
    Originally posted by xevanon

I can see for some times now that there is more and more post on Mortal Online made by players/sv staff ecct..

I have a suggestion, a contructive one, why one of them write a updated not biased review of Mortal Online with the pro and cons about the game, its been a long time we didn't get one and I think, this is the good time to do it before the Awakening EXP release.
    Thanks

Why on earth would they do it before Awakening? It's in Awakening that all the good stuff is, or broke stuff. If there is to be second review of MO, ofc it has to be AFTER Awakening. Not before.
  • BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Cleary, yet people seem never to catch a idea.  They always seem to bash someone for trying outside the norm.  But I am sure I will be accused of working for SV or something. I pay my monthly with .55 discount.  Just a normal guy who enjoys playing games.  It took me awhile to register for this site, because I wasnt sure I wanted to deal with the trolling for standing up for what I thought and not being a normal fanboi.

Bullshit. Nobody bash SV because they're making an unconvential game, genre-wise. Most of MO's harshest critis are sandbox players who'd love to see a game like MO actually work and flourish.

Too bad it's neither working nor flourishing. Thus the criticism; we don't want people thinking sandbox games = failed indie projects. We don't want developers thinking sandbox players are desperate junkies who'll swallow any kind of crap just because it's labeled "sandbox".

Originally posted by Biskop

Bullshit. Nobody bash SV because they're making an unconvential game, genre-wise. Most of MO's harshest critis are sandbox players who'd love to see a game like MO actually work and flourish.

Too bad it's neither working nor flourishing. Thus the criticism; we don't want people thinking sandbox games = failed indie projects. We don't want developers thinking sandbox players are desperate junkies who'll swallow any kind of crap just because it's labeled "sandbox".

That's all well and good, and by voting with your wallet you can send the message that you're not happy with half-working sandboxes.

But actively trying to get it shut down isn't helping your cause. As long as SV is still developing MO, there's a chance it can turn into the kind of game you want. How many other studios do you think feel tempted to try to make a sandbox when they see how many people are actively trying to sabotage and get it shut down, saying "i'm trying as hard as i can to make sv bankrupt and when they do go bankrupt i'll be here laughing".

Do you really think that's sending the kind of message you want it to to other developers? I'm having trouble following that logic.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Originally posted by Gwahlur

That's all well and good, and by voting with your wallet you can send the message that you're not happy with half-working sandboxes.

But actively trying to get it shut down isn't helping your cause. As long as SV is still developing MO, there's a chance it can turn into the kind of game you want. How many other studios do you think feel tempted to try to make a sandbox when they see how many people are actively trying to sabotage and get it shut down, saying "i'm trying as hard as i can to make sv bankrupt and when they do go bankrupt i'll be here laughing".

Do you really think that's sending the kind of message you want it to to other developers? I'm having trouble following that logic.

Why do you see it as active try to shut MO down? I see it as an active try to push a bunch of lazy, non creative, unrespectful bunch of young people towards the right direction which is nothing more than working in their project and make it somehow decent which is not. You from the other side you giving them compliments and back up when they clearly dont deserve it and you also encouraging them to do exactly the same things they are doing the last 2 years: being anything else appart professional and having their fun in expense of the customers who where naive enough to follow their cause.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by argirop

Originally posted by Gwahlur

Why do you see it as active try to shut MO down? I see it as an active try to push a bunch of lazy, non creative, unrespectful bunch of young people towards the right direction which is nothing more than working in their project and make it somehow decent which is not. You from the other side you giving them compliments and back up when they clearly dont deserve it and you also encouraging them to do exactly the same things they are doing the last 2 years: being anything else appart professional and having their fun in expense of the customers who where naive enough to follow their cause.

image Very well said!

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

You from the other side you giving them compliments and back up when they clearly dont deserve it and you also encouraging them to do exactly the same things they are doing the last 2 years: being anything else appart professional and having their fun in expense of the customers who where naive enough to follow their cause.

Got any quotes for that?

And I'm not pointing fingers at you if you're not among those who have said more or less the exact same words i put in " " on this forum

Originally posted by Biskop

Maybe I am new, but I can tell you one thing, the CEO is trying, and yes he has issues, But If you actually take a step back and see where the game has come since I joined. Give it a chance.  I hold out for the best. When I know it’s not coming I leave.  I was always told you can get more flies with honey instead of vinegar.  Meaning, you try to explain yourself in a professional manner, you raise your points and you polite about it, you are more likely to see results.  You keep trolling someone and never give them a breath of fresh air, Yes you’re going to get no response and just a complete lack of respect on any end.  I know I am not going to change any ones thoughts in this forum on the game.  But I can say they have made changes, they are working to give a better customer experience.

On that note, I tell you this.  I used to hate calling game support; you would wait and wait and wait.  Now I normally can have my issue answered in a matter of moments.  They seem to be helpful and know the game somewhat.    Call me stupid, but you have to at least see that they have been trying to work on making the game better.

You from the other side you giving them compliments and back up when they clearly dont deserve it and you also encouraging them to do exactly the same things they are doing the last 2 years: being anything else appart professional and having their fun in expense of the customers who where naive enough to follow their cause.

Fun? You think they are having fun, I don't know about you, but I don’t think the ability to have your phone called any hour of the day ,is fun. How many games can you call the CEO and the CEO actually answers?  I don’t there is many.  Hernik has said, in not the exact words, I have heard your concerns and we are working on them. They are addressing some major issues with the game.

Yes I will give them compliments, they are trying the day they stop trying is the day they lose my money.  I never said I was 100% happy with the game; it has its issues as everyone has not failed to point out.  In an interview they finally announced how many people were actually working on MO the number was 5.  The statements are clear; the company is in the red.  They expect to break even soon.  Game Population is up. It does matter what time you are in the game, and yes I have seen more trial accounts more.  All I am asking is to give it a shot, wait till the expansion, play if you have not, and give them just a chance.

e.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Maybe I am new, but I can tell you one thing, the CEO is trying, and yes he has issues, But If you actually take a step back and see where the game has come since I joined. Give it a chance.  I hold out for the best. When I know it’s not coming I leave.  I was always told you can get more flies with honey instead of vinegar.  Meaning, you try to explain yourself in a professional manner, you raise your points and you polite about it, you are more likely to see results.  You keep trolling someone and never give them a breath of fresh air, Yes you’re going to get no response and just a complete lack of respect on any end.  I know I am not going to change any ones thoughts in this forum on the game.  But I can say they have made changes, they are working to give a better customer experience.

On that note, I tell you this.  I used to hate calling game support; you would wait and wait and wait.  Now I normally can have my issue answered in a matter of moments.  They seem to be helpful and know the game somewhat.    Call me stupid, but you have to at least see that they have been trying to work on making the game better.

What Gwalur and you are saying in the last few posts is very right.

Anyone with a grain of salt in his head knows continuous slagging like these guys are doing has no value as such. Zerro. There is nothing constructive in it and it always reaks of subjective views (and no objectivity). Those who want to be constructive and really help with input will not come around these forums just to write how much game sucks. This to me is clear as day and night and I believe anyone, even a good bunch of people who like to spread hate know this very well. They just come here to satisfy their personal needs (and to drive away boredom). And who's the best target if not an indi game with bumpy history and gameplay rule-set that makes peopel cry irl.

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

I wish I could give this game a shot but it just won't install on my PC, their launcher just doesn't work for me (and many others it would seem).

In 15 years of PC gaming, this is the only title I haven't been able to install.

Seriously Star Vault, if you want more than 2k subs, you're gonna have to start by delivering a working launcher, this just isn't serious work from you guys.

Wish you all the best though, and hope you'll fix the launcher for the next expansion.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Originally posted by Charas

I wish I could give this game a shot but it just won't install on my PC, their launcher just doesn't work for me (and many others it would seem).

In 15 years of PC gaming, this is the only title I haven't been able to install.

Seriously Star Vault, if you want more than 2k subs, you're gonna have to start by delivering a working launcher, this just isn't serious work from you guys.

Wish you all the best though, and hope you'll fix the launcher for the next expansion.

Tough luck I supose. As this kind of problems are by far not just MO specific. Personaly I had no problems with MO instalation what-so-ever. But had planty in some other "better" games in past.

I wish our technology was 100% error free but I'm afraid it's not and will never be.