Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Defeating Gharj in the Nightmare Eternity Vault

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Pokket and her crew step into the ring in Nightmare Eternity Vault and take on the Infernal Council in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Watch this guide for tips and tricks to taking down the council without breaking a sweat. Check out Game Face: Defeating Gharj in the Nightmare Eternity Vault and let us know what you think! (Ed Note: We inadvertently released part 3 of the series and now correct that misstep with Part 1. Please accept our apologies)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

A little late for the party with this one.

• vardarvardar Member Posts: 282

Speak for yourself, its never too late for a game that I enjoy playing...and this post isnt about your opinion on the game, its about getting tips on how to defeat something.. [mod edit]

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    +1 Vardar well said, they can stick to their Asian grind fest games while people like us enjoy home made mmos.
  • Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

never understood the hate from the community on this site. They bash every single game, especially those like wow and swtor for being successful. The game needs a ton of work but its far better off then most other games just after launch.

• quasi_deadquasi_dead Member Posts: 84

Xenophobia 

• motersmoters Member UncommonPosts: 73

people like to hate things its more fun

• NeoscrillaNeoscrilla Member Posts: 4

I have been frequenting this site for a couple years now, but this finally got me to find my password and say something. What I really want to see is "Pokket's guide to dealing with bugs and broken raids for over 2 months." I am suscribed to this mess, and do Eternity Vault each week, and more often than not we have to cut it short due to the raid not working correctly.

[Mod Edit]

• jfz133jfz133 Member Posts: 15

Great info and very concise. Good job pokket.

• jfz133jfz133 Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Neoscrilla

I have been frequenting this site for a couple years now, but this finally got me to find my password and say something. What I really want to see is "Pokket's guide to dealing with bugs and broken raids for over 2 months." I am suscribed to this mess, and do Eternity Vault each week, and more often than not we have to cut it short due to the raid not working correctly.

[Mod Edit]

She makes guides about the game she plays. SWTOR happens to be the newest mmo and the main game she's playing right now.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Hahaha!! I laughed really hard at the guy who said "and doesn't look like hamburger helper" hahahaha!

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Too many embrace the dark side on this site.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

[Mod Edit]

Our guild is 9/10 NMM. There are bugs in the game obviously. However blaming  Bioware and not taking a good look at your guild is probably why you have troubles with raids. This is all 16 man as well. There is also another guild on our server that is also 9/10 NMM. So the content is doable.

• RaoraRaora Member Posts: 243

[Mod Edit]

unlike the totaly insanity that this site pushes GW2?

• wewterwewter Member Posts: 19

Bioware is bad.  My sub ended Monday.  So happy that it did.  

Hooray for TERA beta weekend!  SWTOR is terribad lol -- too bad cuz it's Star Wars and we all wanted to love it.  It hurtz..... x_X

Past [MMO] Games: Lineage 2 (quit c5), Aion, RIFT, SWTOR
    Current[MMO] Game(s): TERA
    Future [MMO] Game(s): ArcheAge, Blade/Soul

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

Originally posted by jfz133

[Mod Edit]

She makes guides about the game she plays. SWTOR happens to be the newest mmo and the main game she's playing right now.

Yeah and it is featured on the site because?

Originally posted by Raora

[Mod Edit]

The difference being that GW2 possibly deserves some hype.  All things said and done, SWTOR really doesn't. Also it's hard not to be cynical RE: the amount of pokket videos plugging swtor, and it getting an mmorpg 8.7 review.

I really wouldn't mind, I generally like the columnists/reviewers on this site, they do a decent job, but I somewhat feel that if they gave honest to god  review/rating of swtor, then it would be hard pressed to get beyong a 7.0.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

I am happy that GW2 does not have a sub fee and is only B2P.

I enjoying playing SWTOR because it has great single player elements and I can play it on my own time without ever feeling left behind (i.e. WoW style raid progression carrot on a stick approach).

I CAN'T WAIT to be playing BOTH.   

Those of you looking for the next great thing will be disapointment in GW2.  Not because it won't be great, but clearly it's not the same PvE that the mainstream has become accostomed to.  I will be getting my story/PvE fix with SWTOR and my balanced PvP with GW2.  

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Stay on topic please. This newspiece is about the topic outlined in the OP.

• RaoraRaora Member Posts: 243

Originally posted by quasi_dead

[Mod Edit]

The difference being that GW2 possibly deserves some hype.  All things said and done, SWTOR really doesn't. Also it's hard not to be cynical RE: the amount of pokket videos plugging swtor, and it getting an mmorpg 8.7 review.

I really wouldn't mind, I generally like the columnists/reviewers on this site, they do a decent job, but I somewhat feel that if they gave honest to god  review/rating of swtor, then it would be hard pressed to get beyong a 7.0.

in your own opinion. alot of people, including myself think the rating should be higher.

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

Cavern full of lava? Not very Star Wars.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Originally posted by Matt_UK

Umm half of Episode III was a vehicle to promote the use of lava in the Star Wars setting.

Good video, as someone just getting into the ops scene in SWTOR, thanks!

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Originally posted by Naral

Umm half of Episode III was a vehicle to promote the use of lava in the Star Wars setting.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Originally posted by palulalula

Originally posted by Naral

How informed are haters he he. No lava in sw movies lol

[Mod Edit]

in your own opinion. alot of people, including myself think the rating should be higher.

Oh sorry you misunderstood, I'm not actually talking about opinion. You see FC Barcelona are an amazing football team, sure you could argue their rubbish, but you'd be wrong in doing so. Ergo, your opinion would be false. Much like your opinion of SWTOR.

If everything is subjective then nothing can ever be considered better than anything else. This is patently not the case.  Some people have bad opinions.  Don't kid yourself into thinking there all as valid as each other.

• onelesslightonelesslight Member UncommonPosts: 161

[Mod Edit]

Oh sorry you misunderstood, I'm not actually talking about opinion. You see FC Barcelona are an amazing football team, sure you could argue their rubbish, but you'd be wrong in doing so. Ergo, your opinion would be false. Much like your opinion of SWTOR.

If everything is subjective then nothing can ever be considered better than anything else. This is patently not the case.  Some people have bad opinions.  Don't kid yourself into thinking there all as valid as each other.

Quasi, you fail to understand what an opinion is. From good ol' Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion

Note especially that opinions are subjective, and that they may (or may not) be supported by fact and supporting arguments. 

And even more so, given that our minds are our only means of understanding this world, and said understanding is based upon, as the link says, our perspective, understanding, beliefs, desires, etc...you'll see that everything is subjective (even the best research/arguments mean little if people don't believe in it...consider evolution...but that's off-topic).

That being said, my subjective opinion of this video is that it's very well done, my subjective opinion of SWTOR is that it's basically good but has some serious flaws (the biggest to me is the "deadness" feeling of the world), my subjective opinion of GW2 is that I'm cautiously optimistic and looking forward to it, and I don't  have a subjective opinion of FC Barcelona because I'm not into sports.