Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Operation Break The Dominus Game Server

KelthiusKelthius Member UncommonPosts: 298

Just recieved the following email from [email protected]:

Greetings!

You are reading this message because you signed up to beta test Dominus (although when you signed up, it may have been called Prime: Battle For Dominus). If you would like to be removed from this database, please let me know.

The bad news? We have one more step before the beta test.

The good news? You've been chosen to participate in Operation: Break Our Server. This early stress test is taking place starting tomorrow, Thursday the 23rd of February at Noon PST/3 PM EST/2100 CET and will run until about 8pm PST/11pm EST/5AM CET.

We are enabling the starter zones and not much else. There will be no PVP, no combat, and not much content. Create a character, find a mission or two, run around, but most of all, break the server. We want you to swarm the NPCs. We want you to try and create bottlenecks. When it crashes, we want you to hammer the heck out of the log in server to try and get back in.

We will be using our site forum to communicate announcements and information to you. Please bookmark this link: http://forums.dominusthegame.com/index.php?/topic/1505-official-22312-break-the-server-announcements/

Here is what you need to know to install the files for Operation: Break Our Server:

- We're running into the same d3dx9_43.dll error that most other multiplayer games have hit. If you download the installer and receive an error message to the effect that "File d3dx9_43.dll is missing", you must go here and install the DX package (yes, even if you know you have it already - long story)

Note! If you don't want the Bing search engine downloaded and installed, be sure to uncheck the installation checkbox!

- The installer is just under 6 MB. The link is here: http://cds.dominusthegame.com/dominus-v1.0b.exe

Note! If you use Norton Antivirus, you must disable it if you want the installer.

- The download is about 600 Mb and will start immediately.

- You will not be able to log in or enter the game world until we activate accounts. Please watch the announcement link (http://forums.dominusthegame.com/index.php?/topic/1505-official-22312-break-the-server-announcements/) for the exact time.

If you cannot attend, but you still want to be part of the actual beta later on, let me know. Otherwise, see you tomorrow - and we'll see you when we're ready to test large scale PVP.

Sanya M. Weathers

Director of Community

Anyone else get the same email? Sounds like a good chance to test out character creation.

Comments

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Sounds like a good chance I missed out on. Damn. This is the only game I'm looking forward to (ended with a preposition oh well).

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

if you signed up for the forums before the 4k mark youll be in the stress test not sure how many past 4k tho

you mite want to white out the exe everyone can patch and it isnt the closed beta client its just a stress test client

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Got the email for it this morning so will probably check it out, only a small client download anyway.

• GondlyrGondlyr Member Posts: 9

Got the mail also. I'll be there. 

Waiting for Camelot Unchained

Originally posted by Gondlyr

Got the mail also. I'll be there. 

this thread was for the first 1 my thread is for the second 1 which is tommorrow

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

I got that email. Couldnt make the stress test but I also opened the email the day of. Hopefully that doesnt cancel out a beta invite

Originally posted by 77lolmac77

I got that email. Couldnt make the stress test but I also opened the email the day of. Hopefully that doesnt cancel out a beta invite

no you mite get one sooner or later