Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well that was quick They fixed what plagued PvP.

MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

Wiht today's patch they fixed the Warzone issue that saw people intentionally abusing an error and producing 12v8 warzones, and they fixed the ilum /stuck glitch that allowed people do rez where they died.

I know a lot of you guys hate bioware with a passion and think this game is the devils work, but you got to give credit where credit is due. They also implemented cooldown timers (multiple options) on the skill bars.

What are people going to complain about now?

Comments

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Fixing bug's doesn't really count in regards to giving credit where it's due.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Originally posted by Monorojo

Right, because the boards were simply flooded about those two issues.

>_>

Glad they did fix them anyways.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Right, because the boards were simply flooded about those two issues.

>_>

Glad they did fix them anyways.

this.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

They put a band-aid on a severed artery.

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

Originally posted by Quesa

Fixing bug's doesn't really count in regards to giving credit where it's due.

^ this.

Lets not forget there are still another 1000 bugs and broken stuff waiting to be fixed.

• The_GekkoThe_Gekko Member UncommonPosts: 28

It's great that BW is quick to fix issues such as this, but people still have a right to not be satisfied with the game. I stopped playing after the first 2 months for a multitude of reasons, most of them being what *I* consider standard features in an MMO simply missing from TOR. I don't think BW is a bad company per se, I just think they made some poor design choices which don't appeal to a fair number of players (if you follow the feedback on the forums), but I also think there's time to rectify those issues. How much of their lost playerbase they can recover in the months to come is another question altogether.

• Skaara55Skaara55 Member Posts: 42

Too little and too late and the game still has tons of issues. Send me a memo when the game is out of beta with standard mmo features.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

What is amusing OP is that you actually succeeded in missing what was probably one of the biggest fixes outside the /stuck exploit this patch in your "nyaah, nyaah" attempt that they apparently fixed players being able to flag others for PvP by exploiting aoe use on mobs.

Sure that will make some happy that were pissed about that. Assuming they're still playing.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• tyrannistyrannis Member Posts: 198

Wiht today's patch they fixed the Warzone issue that saw people intentionally abusing an error and producing 12v8 warzones, and they fixed the ilum /stuck glitch that allowed people do rez where they died.

I know a lot of you guys hate bioware with a passion and think this game is the devils work, but you got to give credit where credit is due. They also implemented cooldown timers (multiple options) on the skill bars.

How much time you got?

##Best SWTOR of 2011
    Posted by I_Return - SWTOR - "Forget the UI the characters and all ofhe nitpicking bullshit" "Greatest MMO Ever Created"

##Fail Thread Title of 2011
    Originally posted by daveospice
    "this game looks like crap?"

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

This is just a matter of opinion, but what plagues PvP in TOR is going to exist from the day it opened until the day it dies. The game simply wasn't created with player combat in mind, and I think that's pretty obvious from the manner in which they've chosen to design the leveling content. Regardless, for someone like me who thrives on competitive play, there's simply too much left to chance, RNG, and class balance that prohibits me from enjoying the PvP in TOR as much as I would like. That being said, it's certainly adequate, but not enjoyable as far as longevity is concerned (that is, without some form of update in the near future). That is to say, I was bored with warzones after my fourth or fifth Huttball.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

How can you even put the word quick in that patch, it has been exploited now for two months. The disparity between upcoming PvPers and older ones is going to be even worse, I am not saying they should not have fixed it, but fixing it quick are you kidding me?????

This game is dying faster then any recent game I can remember except WAR, humm what a coincidence same PvP devs, just saying...........

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by Lawlmonster

This is just a matter of opinion, but what plagues PvP in TOR is going to exist from the day it opened until the day it dies. The game simply wasn't created with player combat in mind, and I think that's pretty obvious from the manner in which they've chosen to design the leveling content. Regardless, for someone like me who thrives on competitive play, there's simply too much left to chance, RNG, and class balance that prohibits me from enjoying the PvP in TOR as much as I would like. That being said, it's certainly adequate, but not enjoyable as far as longevity is concerned (that is, without some form of update in the near future). That is to say, I was bored with warzones after my fourth or fifth Huttball.

Which begs the question if that were the truth, why then they would make this kind of statement.

"PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis."

From their own web site >clicky<

And please don't take this as me not agreeing with you, as I think you are correct. I'm just baffled how their so called team of some of he most experianced PVP developers in the world could produce such a lukewarm PVP enviroment.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

Originally posted by Tardcore

Which begs the question if that were the truth, why then they would make this kind of statement.

"PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis."

And please don't take this as me not agreeing with you, as I think you are correct. I'm just baffled how their so called team of some of he most experianced PVP developers in the world could produce such a lukewarm PVP enviroment.

Yeah, that just adds insult to injury. Quite frankly, I don't believe a damn word a developer or producer has to say anymore, most of the judgement comes from actually trying their product and then comparing their words to their actions. Still, as someone who hasn't spent any time perusing their website, I'm a bit taken aback. Maybe this team has been working on post-release updates, singularly? That'd explain some things, at least.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

Because it is a crock of shit, their team of top PvP devs came from WAR do I really need to say more, and on top of that they have released nothing but fixes to that crappy planet Ilum.

Originally posted by Dreadblade

Because it is a crock of shit, their team of top PvP devs came from WAR do I really need to say more, and on top of that they have released nothing but fixes to that crappy planet Ilum.

Wow, I wasn't aware. That explains it.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

I think Gabe Amatangelo is just one of those leads who is either being completely led in the wrong direction by his superiors OR hitting his head against the brick wall that is the Hero Engine.

Making something out of Ilum with software that can't handle the stress of 20 players in one spot has got to be a challenge.

Whatever the case may be, I foresee it being his head that rolls.

• fadisfadis Member Posts: 469

I'm so tired of hearing about the qualifications of "PvP devs," as if their skills are some rare resource.  Bringing in the same people that designed a pretty unimpressive WAR to design TOR... that's just bringing in people that made a failed game... to make your game.

Originally posted by fadis

I'm so tired of hearing about the qualifications of "PvP devs," as if their skills are some rare resource.  Bringing in the same people that designed a pretty unimpressive WAR to design TOR... that's just bringing in people that made a failed game... to make your game.

My point exactly

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

maybe they are too busy signing up for GW2 beta so they can clone World vs World.  I seriously doubt they got Warhammer pvp dev consider there is nothing in Ilum resemble warhammer or daoc.

Originally posted by Games888

maybe they are too busy signing up for GW2 beta so they can clone World vs World.  I seriously doubt they got Warhammer pvp dev consider there is nothing in Ilum resemble warhammer or daoc.

In all honesty they are from the WAR team, I don't make stuff up, you do know that BW owns WAR now correct?

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

I congratulate them for figuring out that 8 and 12 are not the same number.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568

Originally posted by Tardcore

for being "some of the most expieranced pvp developers in the world"they sure get crapped on by the community from what ive seen

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

Game is 2 months old with 1 million+ still playing, and just about to launch in Asia/Pacific. LOL at the "its already dead" posts. You guys are just in your own little world.

• Skaara55Skaara55 Member Posts: 42

Game is 2 months old with 1 million+ still playing, and just about to launch in Asia/Pacific. LOL at the "its already dead" posts. You guys are just in your own little world.

Oh yeah, I'm sure there are so many people still playing it. You will just excuse me if I don't take everything BW states as fact. Time will tell how wrong you are.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Launching the game in Asia won't get them tons of new players. Players who wanted to play in Asia already played. They just gona add a server, read from.official forum most likely in Australia.

this move will just make server like swiftsure and habringer low pop if they move.

RIP Orc Choppa