Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AC dont run on my computer

jinterjinter Member UncommonPosts: 5

I am a great fan since 1999. I tried to come back but AC wont run on my computer. 

Comments

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

are you sure its your computer and not your router? i know there was a problem people had with routers not working with AC.

• OpinicusOpinicus Member UncommonPosts: 34

Did you install it in "program files"? I think there's a problem with Win7/Vista that doesn't let you save files there. So you can't update the game.

• OdyssesOdysses Member Posts: 581

yeah i think specifically its supposed to be installed in C:games under vista/win7 but they have it documented on their forums.

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Are you trying to install from the CD? That won't work. You need to download the client from the website at http://ac.turbine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77

You also need to run the game as the administrator for it to update.

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Not that I think the OP is coming back to this thread, but if you do, we need a bit more info to help you if you still need it.

Specifically OS, your network setup(i.e. directly through modem, router, etc), and what exactly it is that's not working(i.e. game won't install at all, game will install but won't update, black screen when you log into game, etc.).

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!