Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Beta Sign Ups Open for 48 Hours

Comments

• EvilAnimalEvilAnimal Member UncommonPosts: 28

signed up like 2 hours ago and still no email :S

• VyronVyron Member Posts: 55

Already have my confirmation E-Mail. Yar :)

• andreika111andreika111 Member UncommonPosts: 88

recived an email

• VyronVyron Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by DecoyTrooper

i received the confirmation e-mail in about 5 minutes after I submitted the application

Took mine 5 secs. :)

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

Lol, I've got a 256mb card gfx atm but it's worth trying... maybe they want to test how low they can go?

I've been planning to upgrade/replace my PC once GW2 comes out and when I see what works best there.. but is it worth a try? Tell me that it is!

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

God I hope I get accepted!

Smile

• DecoyTrooperDecoyTrooper Member Posts: 239

Originally posted by Vyron

Originally posted by DecoyTrooper

i received the confirmation e-mail in about 5 minutes after I submitted the application

Took mine 5 secs. :)

woot

• andreika111andreika111 Member UncommonPosts: 88

you wont most likeley, the majority of players have this kind of rig including myself i have radeon 6770 tho, but the rest is same

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

[mod edit]
  • FancyFancy Member Posts: 11

Good luck everyone!

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

*soiled pants*

• CrankshaftCrankshaft Member Posts: 5

I have another rig at home, a gaming comp I made.. wonder if I can put in multiple specs... hmmm... better stick with the gaming lap, prob. have a better chance with a lesser system.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease

• FlaebFlaeb Member Posts: 91

Where is my email? My rig is over beyond the recommend specs.  This is getting silly now.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

I'm assuming they got a shit ton within the first 5 hours of sending those emails out..

In 48 hours, im sure that everyone interested in the game will be signed up for the beta..

It will be interesting to see how many they let in and when..

• Ethan623Ethan623 Member Posts: 53
    Well i didnt gt an email but as much as I want to play I dnt wana ruin the surprise. I just want them to hurry up and release it :(
  • vincefire100vincefire100 Member Posts: 9

I hope that ArenaNet accepts everyone really. Cause after the fist limited Beta i heard they encontered crashing problems. I am confident that they fixed this issure right away. The GW2 site is still is kind of bulky, it kept failing to send the diagnostic test XD. But i was able to get through.

I HOPE I GET THE EMAIL!!!!! I CANT WAIT!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG!!...

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054

Still no Confirmation Email and my rig is pretty badass...

ASRock Z68 Fatal1ty Pro, intel 2500k w/ H100, Mushkin 8GB 2133Mhz RAM, Sapphire 7970, Xonar Essence STX, Killer 2100, 2x Crucial m4 256Gb SSD, and the list goes on..

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

YES!!!!!  Got signed up and got my confirmation!

Hopefully they'll like my rig enough to admit me:

ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Gen3, Intel i5 2500k 3.3 GHz, Ripjaws 16GB 2133MHz RAM, HIS Radeon 6950 2GB, Windows 7 64bit.

I like it, hope they do too!

Hope to see you all in game!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Pretty exciting development is at this stage.  Of course I signed up. 

Whether I get accepted or not, its pretty awesome. 

Hold on, if your computer has maxxed out specs like some of the comments said. does that increase your chance of getting in the beta, or do they want lower performing machines to test more capabilities?

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819

That Scannertron 5000 app that you have to run is kinda fail. It says that my GTX460 has 4065MB of graphics memory?!?. Pretty sure there's no such thing as a GTX460 equipped with 4 gigs. It also fails to detect that my I5-2500K CPU is running at 4.8GHz... although not being able to detect overclocking is more forgivable than getting the graphics memory wrong by 3 gigs lol.

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Hold on, if your computer has maxxed out specs like some of the comments said. does that increase your chance of getting in the beta, or do they want lower performing machines to test more capabilities?

• SintrixSintrix Member UncommonPosts: 52
    I wander why only some people are receiving a confirmation?
  • TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177

Generally when they do closed beta's they invite wide varieties of systems so i doubt having maxed specs will increase your chance to be invited. probably only 10% of the players will have extremely high end pc so prioritising them is kind of counter productive when your trying to test an unstable product.