Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remember when

cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Remember when people used to come on this forum to talk about the games they were playing? Now it seems we mainly only see the same posts being rehashed with slightly different wording either bashing or praising the flavor of the month upcoming game.

Am I the only person that feels this site has really been degraded due to this? Just curious?

Comments

• Ghost12Ghost12 Member Posts: 684

I've been on this forum ever since 2006, and its never really changed. Its always been "flavor of the month".

Way back when I first joined, I was in the minority. I didnt like the linearity of WoW, didnt like the light death penalities, easy game play etc and not many people agreed with me.

Now, it seems like my ideas are slowly moving to mainstream. We're seeing more and more threads of people being truly unhappy with how the genre is going.

Ultimately, these forums are a reflection of the state of the MMO genre. The genre is slowly imploding, and the forums are a reflection of that.

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Member Posts: 1,214

Originally posted by Ghost12

I've been on this forum ever since 2006, and its never really changed. Its always been "flavor of the month".

Way back when I first joined, I was in the minority. I didnt like the linearity of WoW, didnt like the light death penalities, easy game play etc and not many people agreed with me.

Now, it seems like my ideas are slowly moving to mainstream. We're seeing more and more threads of people being truly unhappy with how the genre is going.

Ultimately, these forums are a reflection of the state of the MMO genre. The genre is slowly imploding, and the forums are a reflection of that.

One can only hope.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by cybertrucker

Remember when people used to come on this forum to talk about the games they were playing? Now it seems we mainly only see the same posts being rehashed with slightly different wording either bashing or praising the flavor of the month upcoming game.

Am I the only person that feels this site has really been degraded due to this? Just curious?

I remember when the threads were about games we were playing, now the majority seem to just want to analyse the forum culture and other posters.

Yeah, it's a degradation for sure. It's all so frikin emo heh.

(himt: stop analysing others and make some positive meaningful posts of the type you want to see. You don't change a culture by commenting, you change it by doing)

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

no, I dont remember when that was

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• OberanMiMOberanMiM Member Posts: 236

If people don't voice their opinion on the state of the genre then the "yes men" in the industry will continue to churn out the same overused oncepts/ideas and waste our time.

Sure there are some troll/fanboy posts but they both feed off of eachother. Feedback is best when you can construct a solid argument with reasons for your thinking and why something is good or bad. There are bound to be people who disagree but discussions that don't stay civil on forums dont' last long.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

That's because you're a newbie ;)

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Originally posted by darwa

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

That's because you're a newbie ;)

true:

Spotlight Poster

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• Originally posted by Ghost12

Disagree.  These forums represent a sliver of a percentage of mmo players, and the more extreme ones at that. 

• Ghost12Ghost12 Member Posts: 684

Originally posted by zaxxon23

Originally posted by Ghost12

Disagree.  These forums represent a sliver of a percentage of mmo players, and the more extreme ones at that. 

Another myth.

You're making sweeping, broad generalizations that have absolutely no basis.