It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Well I got up this morning to notice an odd smell coming from my PC.
Immediately disconnected it, torn it apart and cleaned it. Only to turn it back on and have the same smell pouring out of it. Upon further inspection the smell had been coming out of the power supply's box, tore that open and cleaned as best I could.. but this time powered it up while it was open and noticed itr sparked once but couldn't tell where it was coming from.
Not sure what I expect to find out other than replacing it, but some insightor something would be nice right about now. Using a netbook that can barely play videos smoothly is not very fun lol.
The PC is also some pre-built HP machine, expired warranty of course, i'm not overly tech-savy but i'm not even entirely sure if it's possible to replace it's power supply box since some of the wiring looks to be hardwired right into the thing.