It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Okay, I've been gushing over GW2 for the past couple of days and while I'm not ashamed of being a fanboi, I feel the time has come to make a painful sacrifice on the altar of almighty objectivity and balance.
Here's my list of things that I actually DON'T like in GW2, especially after seeing this weekend's demo footage
1) There was a story about a guy trying to jump into that big old hole in Divinity's reach but he couldn't do it because of all the barriers and even invisible walls! WTF?! I thought invisible walls are something we left behind us? Why shouldn't I be able to commit suicide with my character if i feel like it?! This a blatant case of hand-holding and limiting player's choice without adding anything at all to the game. Do the map designers really think that someone would rage-quit their game if he managed to find a away to throw himself down a hole? I really don't think so.
2) Door bashing in WvW. Ok, what's with that? As I recall we were to be able to take down WALLS with our siege engines, remember? You know, more points of entry, more strategy, less lagg because players will spread around more? However it pains me to say it, it does remind me of... WAR... (gasp, I said it!)
3) The Kotaku dude's PC crashing. Right, I'm playing a bit of a devil's advocate here, but... The guy obviously did have a crappy PC or didn't know how to set up recording properly or had everything to the max or whatever, but imo there are going to be a lot of guys like that come release. Imo ANet should really take care to add some idiot-proof game settings or auto-gfx or something to prevent 1000s of people like that yelling that the game is "broken" just because they don't know how to set up gfx on their machine.
4) No sprinting. At least I didn't see it anywhere. I would really like to see sprinting mechanic tied to the dodge energy meter. I made a whole thread on it here so I won't go further into that.
5) Now when I'm looking at things imo mounts would be cool in WvW at least... especially if there is no sprinting.
6) Those skill points or trait challenges or whatever.. you know when you get in-game currency to purchase traits? I don't like that. I'd like it more if specific traits or skills were obtained by specific achievements. Imo it would give a bit more.. hmm.. dunno. I'd like it better that way.
and finally... I know:
7) It's not out yet!
So, that's my 7 pet-peeves about GW2 at the moment, from a self-professed fanboi. If you have your own, come and share. No one will think you any less of a fan if you do unburden yourself here.