Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• VenedVened Member UncommonPosts: 71

Yeah!

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Lol, what happened to April... Oh well its Funcom.... TAKE YER TIME !!!!

Lolipops !

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

So the press NDA lift won't be today?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • watchawatchawatchawatcha Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by fony

24th.  announced on facebook a few days ago.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

750,000 registered for Beta testing....that is impressive.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Originally posted by fony

Would have been a good idea following the gaming eclipse of information that was yesterday about all the delicious GW2 info.

Lolipops !

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Aaaw :-(

Ah well, I already thought it was getting close to the former release planning of April. Still waiting for my beta access to trigger :)
  • VenedVened Member UncommonPosts: 71

2 months more = more polish. And its good for TSW.

"Among the beta testers surveyed, almost 9 out of 10 say they will play the game at launch."

Good score.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

Originally posted by Maelwydd

750,000 registered for Beta testing....that is impressive.

We all want to know if its worthy, best way to play the beta ;)

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

damn I was looking forward to an April release. But if this means more polish and less bugs, its all good.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351

Been waiting for this news too. I know it's 2 months longer than expected, but I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon of "more time to polish" the game as some posters above already have. This is Funcom. Furthermore, this is an MMO. If you start the whole "polish" argument, then you're just setting yourself up to join the "miracle patch" boat when the beta is tanking and it's 1 week to release.

Lets just watch this one with cautious optimism instead.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Nice, I have been waiting to give this title a shot.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• nethstarnethstar Member Posts: 24

Finally a release date....now I can add another 6 - 8 months to that for when it goes F2P.

I'm already subbed for one game (RIFT) and so wasn't interested in SWTOR...can hold out for GW2 for its "buy to play" model but not too sure if TSW is good enough to dig deep and pay up.

Or am I over-reacting?

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

Originally posted by nethstar

Finally a release date....now I can add another 6 - 8 months to that for when it goes F2P.

I'm already subbed for one game (RIFT) and so wasn't interested in SWTOR...can hold out for GW2 for its "buy to play" model but not too sure if TSW is good enough to dig deep and pay up.

Or am I over-reacting?

I have no idea... What was your point?

• nethstarnethstar Member Posts: 24

none really...just thinking out loud.

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

heh k... sorry, i just didn't really catch what you were asking about.

you seem to be happy with playing rift though, or what are you saying? you can wait for gw2 since it's b2p, but won't wait for tsw since it's p2p? it's gonna come out if you wait for it or not though...

so i guess just wait and see?

• chopgrchopgr Member Posts: 179

That is good new.

I'm definitelly buying the game.

http://www.youtube.com/user/chopgr?feature=mhee

"The Heavens burned, the stars
    cried out
    And under the ashes of infinity,
    Hope, scarred and bleeding,
    breathed its last."

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Originally posted by theniffrig

Been waiting for this news too. I know it's 2 months longer than expected, but I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon of "more time to polish" the game as some posters above already have. This is Funcom. Furthermore, this is an MMO. If you start the whole "polish" argument, then you're just setting yourself up to join the "miracle patch" boat when the beta is tanking and it's 1 week to release.

Lets just watch this one with cautious optimism instead.

I'm willing tyo give Funcom another chance.

HOWEVER I don't ever buy into the " more time to polish " crap either.

1) You don't know at what stage of development the game is in.

2) Many mmo's have been pushed back several times only to release, a very un-done game.

Now I have to find another mmo to play because I was counting on April.

-5 points for The Secret World !!!

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Yeah "more time to polish" is marketing speak for still to buggy to ship. Of course so many companies use it as a 'reason' it has become a cliche.

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

I'm not buying/pre-ordering MMOs without trying them anymore so it's a good thing that there will be an open beta.

OBs have become a standard in last few years and that's a good thing.

Funcom has always been inovative but I remember AoC launch :)

As for the release date, since I don't play anything atm I was hoping for April launch but oh well, I'll survive until late June without MMOing np.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• mudd4evermudd4ever Member Posts: 158

So I was looking forward to this launching in April too, but all in all I think this is a good decision by Funcom to push the release date out to June.  Maybe during the recent media-on-hand week, testing out the game, they got some more feedback that the game just isn't quite ready to ship.  This'll give them time to fix it up a bit more, and they may even pick up a first wave of TERA refugees as an added bonus, lol.  I'm not worried about TSW potentially releasing too close to GW2.  Those that are presently interested in both games will continue to do so, and most likely will buy both, with GW2 being B2P w/ no-sub and all.  My personal hype for TSW hasn't decreased, if anything it's even better than before because I really do think Funcom is trying to redeem themselves with this one.  I hope they pull it off.  Only time will tell.

pie.

• watchawatchawatchawatcha Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by Gorilla

Yeah "more time to polish" is marketing speak for still to buggy to ship.

By definition isn't that what "more time to polish" means anyways?  I always saw it that way.

• VampiresVampires Member Posts: 75

Woohooo!!! I can hardly wait!!!

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Bad news for them it means they will be going directly head to head with GW2 release.

Ah well hopefully we still get good numbers.