Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It appears that the trolls have recovered from:

2»

Comments

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Come on now, you speak as if you guys  have never trolled any other game on this website before..including me ofcourse. Every fanboy is a troll and every troll is a fanboy..the only thing that changes is the game you like and dislike.

Very true. I just don't know where all the hate comes from LOL

Sadly, I start blocking bad trolls and its hard to read threads now Hahaha

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Originally posted by palulalula

Well, like i said before. Highly respected gamers from gw knows only one word--- Troll-- :===) Troll this , troll that. It is not your fault i know. Brain get in to some kind of strange state after years of pain in failed first gw and after millions of tears because of huge wow success. I know, i know it is hard. And plus in that swtor sold 2 mil of copies. That was the top of the rage

This kid is pretty amusing. GW1 failed? If you consider selling over 6 (7 now?) million copies of the game, and coming out with the sequel which is the most highly anticipated MMO for the past couple of years failing, well then damn Arenanet failed hard. I guess SWTORs 2 million copies, and already showing signs of decline in populations is a massive success...

BTW. Considering its STAR WARS and BIOWARE, 2 million is actually pretty terrible sales in this time. 2 million sales 10 years ago would have been pretty epic, but nowadays thats pretty average for ANY game from a known developer, let alone one with the freaking Star Wars IP behind it.

• VicDonneganVicDonnegan Member Posts: 106

Come on now, you speak as if you guys  have never trolled any other game on this website before..including me ofcourse. Every fanboy is a troll and every troll is a fanboy..the only thing that changes is the game you like and dislike.

You got me...guilty-as-charged. What I won't do is go into the threads of other games (that I don't like) to do it. Really, all you have to do is wait for them to come to you and BAMM! Reverse-troll!!! Does that make it right? Absolutely not. Do I find it fun? I'll never tell. ;P

*Edit- I also don't create threads, for the sole purpose of bashing games and trolling. Not saying I'm better than anyone...I'm not. Trolls come in lots of different flavors.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Originally posted by kaiser3282

Well, like i said before. Highly respected gamers from gw knows only one word--- Troll-- :===) Troll this , troll that. It is not your fault i know. Brain get in to some kind of strange state after years of pain in failed first gw and after millions of tears because of huge wow success. I know, i know it is hard. And plus in that swtor sold 2 mil of copies. That was the top of the rage

This kid is pretty amusing. GW1 failed? If you consider selling over 6 (7 now?) million copies of the game, and coming out with the sequel which is the most highly anticipated MMO for the past couple of years failing, well then damn Arenanet failed hard. I guess SWTORs 2 million copies, and already showing signs of decline in populations is a massive success...

BTW. Considering its STAR WARS and BIOWARE, 2 million is actually pretty terrible sales in this time. 2 million sales 10 years ago would have been pretty epic, but nowadays thats pretty average for ANY game from a known developer, let alone one with the freaking Star Wars IP behind it.

As much as i hate this entire topic but 2+ million sales are average for MMO now? care to give me lists for MMOS that sold 2+ million copies on release? considering it is just average accroding to you.

• crewthiefcrewthief Member Posts: 235

Hey, I heard SWTOR was doing really well...is this true?

Sorroe, Human Mesmer
    Jade Quarry Server

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by ComfyChair

Originally posted by Robsolf

Originally posted by raistlinm

Originally posted by ComfyChair

ELITE SKILL: Guild wars 2 raw footage and press coverage barrage

Stun all trolls for 2 days. After recovery, trolls will become enraged.

Trolls of this game will never be able to break the fanboi forcefield atleast not until the game releases and half of those fanbois burn through the content before declaring the game a failure.

Yes, indeedy.  Content locusts will break every game for themselves, then come here to complain about it.  This will be no exception.

But the thing is, if you solidly play a game for 60-70 hours i'm pretty sure that justifies the box cost :p It certainly did for skyrim for many people. Never mind that the classes do play remarkably differently from what i've tried (guardian and ranger so far) and the stories vary ect. Still, It's not like someone is paying a sub, it's no issue for anyone if someone 'finished' the game quickly as long as they had fun.

I think the B2P model is a very good point against locust trolls(not that that will stop them). 

I'll make this prediction:  The troll argument will be changed at some point to say that the game is not B2P, it's F2P(except you have to buy the box, and with expansions sure to come, it automagically becomes P2W.  It will be compared to other F2P models out there which sell adventure and expansion packs through their store.

For me, the B2P model is the best.  Like you said, I can buy the box and if I get 60-70 hours of fun gameplay, it's money well spent.  If I don't dislike it, but think it's a nice game to play when I feel like wasting a couple hours, it's STILL the best model because I don't have to pay a sub to play it.  At the very least, it will always be that product I purchased originally, with the potential to spend more and get more if I really dig the game.  And if I HATE it?  It's STILL ON PAR with an MMO in which I paid for the box and got a free month.

Anyhoo... I'm looking forward to OB so I can check it out, myself.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

People, if you MUST reply to a troll's idiotic trolling, please do so directly in a PM so their thread dies in a quiet whimper.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

As much as i hate this entire topic but 2+ million sales are average for MMO now? care to give me lists for MMOS that sold 2+ million copies on release? considering it is just average accroding to you.

WAR sold 1.5 million copies, and we all know the state of the game now. Even AoC sold over 1 million. 2 million from the biggest budget MMO ever made, made by Bioware / EA, and Star Wars IP on top of it. Not impressive at all considering how many millions of MMO gamers there are now compared to a decade ago.

• crewthiefcrewthief Member Posts: 235

Originally posted by DeaconX

People, if you MUST reply to a troll's idiotic trolling, please do so directly in a PM so their thread dies in a quiet whimper.

Fair enough...

Sorroe, Human Mesmer
    Jade Quarry Server

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

WAR sold 1.5 million copies, and we all know the state of the game now. Even AoC sold over 1 million. 2 million from the biggest budget MMO ever made, made by Bioware / EA, and Star Wars IP on top of it. Not impressive at all considering how many millions of MMO gamers there are now compared to a decade ago.

Sorry but you said it is just an average thing to sell 2 million copies these days for MMOS and all you come up up with twoexamples? one with 1.5 million and another 1 million? so one million difference in sales is not such a big deal for you i guess.

This discussion has been closed.