Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of giving Eve another try

FainFlinnFainFlinn Member Posts: 3

Hello. 

I tried Eve LONG ago.. I'm guessing right after it first was released.  It was fun, but never really got into it that far. I'm thinking of returning. I know a lot has changed.  I have just a few question if someone wouldn't mind answering.

I'm coming in alone. None of my normal gaming friends play this.  I'm VERY picky about who I clan with and group with in any other game.  I do solo a lot in other games. I know it's harder to solo in this one.   Is the community noob friendly?  Also, how hard is it to find good people to join?  I know it sounds like a dumb question, but it's important to me so I can decide if I'm going to give it a go again.

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

I do not think the question is dumb but there is no reasonable answer.

"Noob friendly" or "good people to join" is something different to each, thus you will get as many answers as many people you ask.

Also, do not get mistaken. Soloing in EVE is not hard at all. On the contrary, it is very solo friendly.

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363

Yeah,

You should do all the tutorials, and then sign up for some newbie friendly corporation like university of eve or something that will help you get into the game.

Good luck

• FainFlinnFainFlinn Member Posts: 3

Thank you both for the answers.  I think I'll give it another shot. 

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

While its possible to learn and do everything on your own,  you'll find it slow and frustrating.

You need to get up to speed and quickly and the only way to do that is to seek the advice and assistance of others.

This doesnt mean "join a corp as soon as possible"  it just means, "dont be afraid to ask"  there are plenty of people out there who genuinly enjoy helping out new players.

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

That being said it is still easier to follow the chat in your corp window vs the Rookie Help window which scrolls past with some questions and a lot of spam/useless banter.

GL HF and Fly Safe!

Cheers.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Fain, check out the Player organization page on the EVE wiki: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Educational_organizations

Several of those corporations are filled with people willing to teach new players the ropes. That'll help you get started on your solo adventure but will allow you to have people you can turn to without having to commit to a more specialized clan/corp.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Eve does have a decent 'noob' chat channel which stays open for 30 days if i remember.  Good place to find advice and info when you first start.  Although it can suffer from the odd idiot when the mods aren't on, but a lot better than most i found.

• FainFlinnFainFlinn Member Posts: 3

Thank you all again.  I'm going to start up an account in the next few days and take your advice.  I'll sure give it another try. :)

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264

I think finding the right corp is very important.  The corp that I am with, are extremely noob friendly, in advice and recourses, so they do exist.

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

Good luck. EVE is the game I really want to get into, but it just seems like I can never find the right corp to make the game more enjoyable.