Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware customer support

Anyone else think it dosnt exist, ive not been able to login to thier game for about 48 hours, ive called them and thier supporters are just dumb i mean really what kind of exp or edu do you need to get a job at thier support....

Sent a mail to thier support and not a word its like the mail just get dropped and the people can go back to doing nothing, i really hope noone you people ever have problem with your account and have to deal with thier support... its horrible experience that i wouldn't want my worst enemy to experience.

DAoC/GW/Lotro/WoW/WAR/Rift/SWTor

Comments

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    My wife had a problem logging in the other day. Called support and got through with no hold. Fixed it in 15 minutes.

Their support is so totally random hit or miss weirdness.

I would say keep trying, I guess.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• HydhraHydhra Member Posts: 32

15 min... let me guess you live in the US?

DAoC/GW/Lotro/WoW/WAR/Rift/SWTor

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146

my son had a probelm with his account a few days back and one 10 min call got it fixed right up. Although I have already left SWTOR I cant find any faults with thier customer serivce in our dealings with them.

• GoresonGoreson Member Posts: 122

Originally posted by Hydhra

Anyone else think it dosnt exist, ive not been able to login to thier game for about 48 hours, ive called them and thier supporters are just dumb i mean really what kind of exp or edu do you need to get a job at thier support....

Sent a mail to thier support and not a word its like the mail just get dropped and the people can go back to doing nothing, i really hope noone you people ever have problem with your account and have to deal with thier support... its horrible experience that i wouldn't want my worst enemy to experience.

Well, here is the deal - and I'm speaking from experience as a tech supporter myself: customers are morons!

They assume to know how things should be but actually are usually on a completely wrong track...

which in turn makes a CSR's life not really easy because customer's tend to be set on how THEY want to have an issue resolved and tend to lack the skills to understand what the CSR is telling them i.e. how the issue really needs to be resolved.

I mean I assume the CSR actually told you SOMETHING and didn't just say nothing?

Also:

From your later post I assume you DON'T live in the US?

Are you on the AUS/NZ/Asia end or just Europe?

Because obviously AUS/NZ/Asia doesn't have a dedicated support structure available to them right now (so you would be calling the US most likely, which means you may be calling at a bad time)... whereas Europe does...

alas, in Europe 3 support languages need to be covered, and sadly this doesn't always mean that a French or German speaker is also topskilled in English (we covered 6 languages and yes, hearing some of the French guys speak English was gutsplitting!)

But obviously they should be able to understand your problem if you explain it to the correctly...

which also adds to the problem if you are not an English speaker (and I'm not including Scottish, Irish, Welsh into English!).

Obviously, things get worse when you don't even have 'English' as your native language (or whatever language for support you selected when you called them)... not going to share any stories about Polish, Romanian, Russian callers, but yes, language CAN be a barrier!

Anyways, just my 2 cent on CS (in general, not BW or SWTOR specific, never had to call them...)

Best I can suggest is for you Hydhra to post the details of your problem here (or in the SWTOR forum if you have access) and then see what feedback you get...

oh, and if you do so you may want to also say what the CSR told you ;-)

• bjohansenbjohansen Member Posts: 11

I'm quite happy with the customer support.

I opened a ticket yesterday to restore a deleted character (you get 3 restoration every 6 months) and a GM answered within 20 minutes telling me he would redirect the issue to the correct part of the staff. Within 1-2 hours the job was done, well sort of.

They had restored the wrong character, so I opened a new ticket (a bit upset that they had restored the wrong character even tho I specificed which server he was on). The GM who answered the new ticket promised to get it fixed.

A while later that evening the first GM contacted me again apologizing for restoring the wrong character and told me what was going to happen next.

They had encountered a issue with the restoration of the character I wanted to restore and they needed assistant from a superior.

1. They messed up the first restoration is kinda sad, but shit happends.

2. I'd think restoring a character would send me at the back of the petition queue, but it seems it's quite fast.

3. They contacted me after encoutering the issue, telling me what was going to happen. I appreciate that.

4. They are open about it.

Conclusion: They messed up, but did their best to update me on the issue. I'd give them a golden trophy for being serious.

And yes, I know.. Deleting a character is stupid, but I had no idea you could have Republic and Imperial at the same server.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Goreson, if the Scots, Irish and Welsh are not English speakers, what do we speak?

Seriously, it's not like I look for support in Gaelic.

I worked in tech support for years, and while some customers would not do what was asked, or had trouble explaining what the problem they were having was, or how it manifested; I really don't think it's fair to blame the customer for the support that they get. It's equally fair to blame a support agent for not asking the right questions, or making the effort to figure it out. Biggest issue I saw working support (and coaching agents) was agents making an assumption immediately about what problem the customer was having...and being wrong.

It's more than likely (based on the amount of posts here and on the official forums) that support is rather hit and miss. Some people get taken care of well, and with no hassle (couple of them posted in this thread) and others seem to have a terrible experience.

OP, if you're calling from outside the US, use the Skype trick (set your country to the US, and dial the US toll-free number) and try calling again. Won't cost you anything but time, and you might get a better agent. Or, as the others have suggested post here and let your fellow players know what's happening in case we can help.

(edited for typos because I'm not awake yet)

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

Cant judge technical support since I havent had to deal with them yet but my experiance with their ingame suport is bad.

Took 6 weeks to get an answer, which was basicly them saying they will look into the matter, and an additional 2 weeks to actually get it resolved. And I thought the 6-10 days blizzard needs for their ingame suport was bad.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Goreson

Originally posted by Hydhra

Well, here is the deal - and I'm speaking from experience as a tech supporter myself: customers are morons!

They assume to know how things should be but actually are usually on a completely wrong track...

which in turn makes a CSR's life not really easy because customer's tend to be set on how THEY want to have an issue resolved and tend to lack the skills to understand what the CSR is telling them i.e. how the issue really needs to be resolved.

I mean I assume the CSR actually told you SOMETHING and didn't just say nothing?

Also:

From your later post I assume you DON'T live in the US?

Are you on the AUS/NZ/Asia end or just Europe?

Because obviously AUS/NZ/Asia doesn't have a dedicated support structure available to them right now (so you would be calling the US most likely, which means you may be calling at a bad time)... whereas Europe does...

alas, in Europe 3 support languages need to be covered, and sadly this doesn't always mean that a French or German speaker is also topskilled in English (we covered 6 languages and yes, hearing some of the French guys speak English was gutsplitting!)

But obviously they should be able to understand your problem if you explain it to the correctly...

which also adds to the problem if you are not an English speaker (and I'm not including Scottish, Irish, Welsh into English!).

Obviously, things get worse when you don't even have 'English' as your native language (or whatever language for support you selected when you called them)... not going to share any stories about Polish, Romanian, Russian callers, but yes, language CAN be a barrier!

Anyways, just my 2 cent on CS (in general, not BW or SWTOR specific, never had to call them...)

Best I can suggest is for you Hydhra to post the details of your problem here (or in the SWTOR forum if you have access) and then see what feedback you get...

oh, and if you do so you may want to also say what the CSR told you ;-)

So not true. CSRs work from a script they usually have zero understanding of the subject matter they are reading. Of course some customers have pretty low levels of understanding too. Not being one of those I rather resent being called a moron. Once your problem is escelated to 2nd or 3rd line support you migt have a chance to talk to the organ grinder rather than the monkey.

As for BW never contacted them except to fill out an exit poll. Having said that there whole approach to 'customer satisfaction' is as poor as it gets.

• Jason2444Jason2444 Member Posts: 372

I got a refund on SWTOR by claiming false advertising because their screen shots in advertisments are in high resolution, but they didn't implement high res in the launch.

So i guess in this case the customer support was pretty good... Then again it was through EAs official support. I've heard some horror stories about Biowares CS though...

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB
    Best MMO Companies: Trion Worlds, ArenaNet, CCP
    Worst MMO Companies: Electronic Arts

• GoresonGoreson Member Posts: 122

Originally posted by Hopscotch73

Goreson, if the Scots, Irish and Welsh are not English speakers, what do we speak?

Seriously, it's not like I look for support in Gaelic.

Hopscotch73,

hate to break it to you but no, what Scots 'speak' can for the most part not really be classified as 'English'.

Been living in Glasgow for over 6 years (after living in England, the US, HK and Canada) and the word most used here in conversation is 'waah?'

By Glaswegians!

Speaking with Glaswegians and other Scots!

My last department was a mix of Scots, Irish, French, Italians, Spanish, Germans, and yes, 1 Englishman.

We handled calls from all of the UK including NI and also the Channel Islands.

While of course there were some issues with the non-native English speaking agents, it was mostly the Scots who had constant problems both understanding callers and being understood.

The Irish agents had overall little problems, alas NI callers tended to be a mixed bag of beans, some customers causing communication issues for pretty much everybody.

Exceptionally dreaded: one major client in Wales... yes, there was a lot of guess work and asking to repeat involved for all agents.

So, to answer your question: I honestly have no clue what to call the language some of them non-English speak  but I doubt it's really 'English' English... ;-)

But don't worry, ask any Swiss if they speak German and many will answer that with 'moll': they are speaking what is called 'Schwyzerdütsch'... which is miles away from standard German... so the UK is not alone on that end :-D