Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera has put a smile back on my face..

Comments

• Timeout77Timeout77 Member Posts: 177

As I have played the game for 3 days I can tell you this..

Combat is Innovating, you can setup your own combos, no tab target.. hit multiple targets at the same time.. You also have to move around.. Depending on your glyphs and Crystals you adopt the attack style you like... For example I like to hit Enemies when they are downed or I focus on hitting them in the back.. Or I like to get health back with every swing.. Depending on that diffrent attacks become more or less used.

Skills work diffrently, we dont have tallent trees, we use something called glyphs instead. And they play alot diffrently. For example glypsh can speed up your charecters animation. Making him attack faster. You can focus glyphs towards your own play style.

All Gear have Crystal slots. These crystals change how you play your charecter.

Crafting is much more complicated then most other Themepark games on the market. You can dye gear. Change the Gears model using templates.. Also crafting isent something you level out of, It looks like it will play a big part of the so called Endgame, just like crafting played a huge roll in Linage2.

Monsters dont have ONE attack animation. That means you have to pay attention to what they are doing. Some evil trolls I was fighting. Jumped high in the AIR, did a wild swing.. and a special spinning attack plus there usal auto attack. You see that they glint Read in the Eyes and you know a special move is coming. This is to give you a chans to dodge out of the way etc

No factions.. Its not one premade side against another. Its a free for all. You can comunicate with evryone on your server. Fighting will take place betwen Player made GUILDs.

Outlaw system.. How fun isent it to just go Evil and kill other players, whenever you want..

Zones.. when you move betwen zones there is NO loading screens... Just like World of Warcraft you just move into the next one. The game has channels though if the population gets to high, I guess its technically difficult to make a game without them these days. Big city only had one zone though.

All in all this game has alot of things that are lacking in most other Themepark games..

Originally posted by teakbois

Originally posted by Timeout77

And Devleopers need to be tought a lesson to stop this copy Cat CRAP...

Rift is a WoW clone with 'dynamic events' and interchangeable class skills

SWToR is a WoW clone with VO and story and companions

How is TERA not a WoW clone with no tab targeting?  What makes the game so different?

I just fail to see how TERA isnt copy cat crap too...Yeah, combat is different, but its not THAT different.  Its hypocritical to hate games because they are copy cats and praise TERA, it just so happens you like the spin TERA put on the formula more than the spin Rift put on the formula.  But its still the same basic game.

No Factions, you can comunicate with everyone on the server.. make alliances as you see fit. You are not pushed into a premade faction and told to kill the other one.

Guilds play a huge roll in the PvP aspects of the game If you want to PvP you really need to be part of a guild.

Guild quests.. you level up your guild.. you can Import your own Image by making a 64x64 Bmp. In photoshop. all other players can see it. Guild pride is important..

Outlaw system. Becaome an outlaw you can freely attack other player were you want.

Mobs have really cool mechanics, they just dont use one attack.. the higher level they are the more moves they have.

HP(health regen) is slow in this game.. so the less you get hit the longer you can keep going. To rest you can make a campfire, and prey to the gods to get extra short buffs 5-15m.  And if you play badly you might need to rest from time to time..

Crafting looks really complicated and is alot diffrent.

Items have Inigmas on them that you need to unlock to use the Items full potential.

Crystal system. You slot crystals in your gear that make you play diffrently. And by diffrently I mean you slot for example Hit enemy in the back you do extra damge. Enemy is on the ground you do extra damge etc..

Glyphs. You uppgrade your attacks with special properties making those attacks more favroable.

Combining Items, glyphs and crystals you can play very diffrently for another charecter that is the same class as you. For example I can focus on massive slow attacks that do heavy crit damge. But you might focus on faster animation speed and sweeping and downing your enemies taking them out of combat...

Combat sytem is very diffrent. As timing and execution becomes a much larger part of when to do an attack or not. Should I swing my big axe on this dude leaving my open to attacks. or should I pary and counter him. Or should I just strike him fast a few times and pump up my Stamina to be able to do that massive spin attack that I have. Many attacks have load ups also. so you can execute them in diffrent steps. just clicking it will do a faster attack but do less damage. Holding it down will do more and more trauma but he will have more time to react to your attack...

and about your last statment. If you think not being able to move your mouse around on the screen isent diffrent? I dont know what game you have been playing... You move your charecter as you would in an FPS in this game. You turn mouse right charecter swings to the right. Move mouse left charecter swings to the left. You attack by clicking the left mouse button.. you can put anny other skill on the right. I used parry.. then I programed the rest of my five mouse buttons to hold more skills. You can put one skill on the C button and I used buttons 1,2,3.  Combos are executed by pressing the spacebar..

• KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

Tera looks really good but its hard to get past the art style of the characters.

If only some western mmo could use a similar combat system.

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

Originally posted by Khole

Tera looks really good but its hard to get past the art style of the characters.

If only some western mmo could use a similar combat system.

there isen't anything bad about the art style of the characters.  all the opposite    if you are refering to eastern anime style.   there is only one race that reflects that.  (the elins) 

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by Chilliesauce

I played the korean version last year, wasn't impressed. Tried beta wasn't impressed yet again. FFXI was the last asian MMO i liked and enjoyed for a very long time. Teddy bears and little girls running around wiht huge weapons..not my things anymore. Also i am sick of generic 'kill x' and 'collect 'y' quests and Tera devs didn't even try to make it exciting or different. 

Yeah combat is cool but need more in MMO than comabt to keep playing for a long time.

WoWoWoWoWoWoWo..... Combat isn't what keep you playing for a long time? Is that a joke? I'm sorry but you can have the fanciest quest system and Voice over in the world and it won't be shit because everyone will cap in 1 month and all of that becomes completely meanless, We all saw how that worked out for SWTOR. You spend about 90% of most mmorpg in combat so if combat doesn't keep you playing idk why you play mmorpg. Shouldn't you be playing some kinda of point and click advanture game? or a simulation where no combat is invovled?

Originally posted by Deathofsage

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Tera players bitching about how bad SWTOR is really golden. lol

Yea no kidding.  Listen I am glad you like Tera, no really I am, but this game is going to be just as bad as SWTOR and I dont even need to speculate about since its doing abysmal in its own country.

I hate to see negativity like this.

This is a game FINALLY DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT--the combat, the most important aspect of the game for the majority of players, and people want to hate it because a completely different type of gaming community didn't like it.

If Tera fails, we may well be spamming our tab key til 2020. If it succeeds reasonably, we might see companies doing something unbelievable--not alt tabbing to wow for a templateon how to build a game.

Its also a game trying to do only one thing different and settling for generic in every other facet of the game (graphics excluded).

When you look at a game like SWG, it was more than just its class system.  It was its focus on the social aspects with the entertainer abilities.  Its amazing, deep craft system.  Its HAM system.

GW2 is trying (I havent played so i dont know if its suceeding) to have an improved combatsystem that synergizes with other classes, turning the questing model upside down, bringing personal story to your character, and bringing meaningful exploration back to the genre, getting rid of the trinity system, bringing a new mechanic into death....

All around innovation.

TERAs combat isnt even innovative, its just the first time its been in a p2p MMORPG.

I dont think people are hating TERA, its the fact that people are blowing it entirely out of proportion.  And making it seem like this is some big change that everyone wanted.  People havent been begging for tab targeting to go away, its the linear questing, gear treadmill model people are sick of.  Guess what TERA seems to be?

Tera been blown out of proportion? We are probably the most modeist communty here compare to all the SWTOR and GW2 fans. And yet we are the most heavly attacked. You know what Tera promised us? a new combat system thats none tab based and guess what? We got exactly what they promised along with epic graphic and political system. Along with open world pvp that was never promised at the start. compare to what a huge disappointment SWTOR turn out and how big of a disappointment i can already see GW2 going to be because all the GW2 fanboy make it like the perfect mmorpg, well have fun enjoying their hope been crushed, i'll probbly get GW2 but never the less have fun watching all the fanboys whine.

Btw GW2's innovation can totaly come and kill the game because it basically has no end game because the entire game is end game in a sense, wonder how the player will deal with that after they all cap in 1month.

Originally posted by smh_alot

Originally posted by LordRelic

I love how people complain about quests " collect 10 *** "  " Kill 15 *** "  yet i dont see them come up with any new and exciting quests themselfs..  Explain to me what a better quest would be?  go kill 1 *** ?  or go look at this tree?  tell me what you would do?

no matter what you say a quest will always have kill this or get that or protect this or destroy that...   That is what these games are about killing and looting .... if you can come up with something better please let me know.

Well, if you ask: Shire quests (LotrO), minigame quests (WoW), Investigation Missions (TSW), sabotage missions (TSW), Dynamic Events (GW2), to name some examples out of the top of my head. Even TOR and AoC VO/cinematic quests with dialogue options and LotrO book quests can offer a welcome diversion of the very traditional bare bones 'kill ten X' or 'move your ass to there and/or get me this trivial stuff' kinda quests.

It's all in how you're required to do stuff, a different delivery or presentation of your missions can make it feel fresh or different - or less same old - same for different combat while doing it. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

O wait but their combat is still same old boring, i'm sorry but you can have the fancyiest quest system there is but it really doesn't mean much in keeping playing because most of them rush to cap in 1 month and quest means NOTHING when your capped -.-

• ChilliesauceChilliesauce Member Posts: 559

Originally posted by rexzshadow

I played the korean version last year, wasn't impressed. Tried beta wasn't impressed yet again. FFXI was the last asian MMO i liked and enjoyed for a very long time. Teddy bears and little girls running around wiht huge weapons..not my things anymore. Also i am sick of generic 'kill x' and 'collect 'y' quests and Tera devs didn't even try to make it exciting or different. 

Yeah combat is cool but need more in MMO than comabt to keep playing for a long time.

WoWoWoWoWoWoWo..... Combat isn't what keep you playing for a long time? Is that a joke? I'm sorry but you can have the fanciest quest system and Voice over in the world and it won't be shit because everyone will cap in 1 month and all of that becomes completely meanless, We all saw how that worked out for SWTOR. You spend about 90% of most mmorpg in combat so if combat doesn't keep you playing idk why you play mmorpg. Shouldn't you be playing some kinda of point and click advanture game? or a simulation where no combat is invovled?

Why is it such a surprise for you? since when MMOS are success only on basis of one feature alone? only because combat forms a basic feature doesn't mean it can guarantee succes for the game and fun for the players. if it was true both AOC and DCUO would be great success.

By the way i can also pull statistics form..you know where. 

• sleepr27sleepr27 Member UncommonPosts: 102

Fell in love with TERA in EU CBT1!

The world is beautiful, open world and most importantly seamless, i explored some zones with a friend of mine and the world is simply stunning and massive. I felt little when i opened the map after spend like one hour roaming around.

The leveling didn't felt like a grind to me, i've passed through levels without even noticing it! This is due to the combat and the way the zones are designed. I went into the game thinking this was just another grindy korean game, but i was wrong! Anyway, some people might feel like it, i didn't, but if you played games like WoW or RIFT before, i think you won't feel TERA to be grindy.

But the most addicting thing about the game was the combat, i found myself killing mobs i didn't need to kill because i was having a blast! Going back to the same old "tab combat" i got bored fast!

At beggining classes only start with two abilities, like in any other MMO after a few levels combat changes. I started an archer, at lvl 1 i didn't felt like i add enough mobility for a ranged class, but around lvl 15 i could move and shoot some of my most powerful abilities. I had alot of escape/dodge abilities, etc.

You guys need to give it a shot, this combat is completely different from any other MMO outhere, even the praised GW2. In fact i fear that i will be disappointed with GW2 combat after having played TERA. Not trying to bash GW in any way, i'm still looking forward to it!

In the technical aspects of the game, i only have good things to say! The loading screens are fast, the game is really well optimized and runs very well on most computers, the animations and graphics are the best i've seen in an MMO and the art style is simply stunning. Some people won't like the asian look of some characters, but that's personal taste. When i explored some parts the world i often said to my buddy, "this doesn't look like a korean design at all" in which he agreed.

The UI is modular, you can move everything around, and you can change the scale of everything. The mini-map (not radar) is great, because it says exactly where the quest objectives are if you click a link in the quest log.

I was surprised too with the features/systems i found in the game, even if i didn't explored some of them! There are guild banks, guild quests, Guild Vs Guild PvP and Deathmatch where you can place bets and do PvP in open world, LFGroup tools and LFGuild Tools, crafting, political system, etc. Basically it's a complete MMO, with all the most useful tools people want.

This past week i've seen tons of people bashing TERA, because they didn't had alot of sucess in asia. It's true, they didn't mainly because they didn't had alot of systems in place and the game lacked end-game. I might be wrong, but someone said to me that we are getting all updates of TERA KOR in the TERA NA/EU release, so we will get like 1 year of work and a much better game by launch. Or so i expect it to be like that!

If you're skeptical about the game, just pay 5 euro and try it! I went into the game without any expectations, i didn't followed TERA or anything like that in the past, in fact i thought it was just another game and i was truly impressed. 

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

Why is it such a surprise for you? since when MMOS are success only on basis of one feature alone? only because combat forms a basic feature doesn't mean it can guarantee succes for the game and fun for the players. if it was true both AOC and DCUO would be great success.

You hit on a major point right there.  TERA is not about just one gimmick being action combat however.  The other of the elements of the game are high quality, much more than critics give it credit for.  If you look closely most of them play for "5 minutes" or get their opinion from "what they seen from videos", etc.  Made in Korea? Yep, another grinder...

I don't claim that TERA is a game everyone will want to play, the artstyle alone will turn people away, but be honest about what the game is.  It's boggling to me that the bad aspect being reported and causing so much ire, pushing troll food to the side, is lack of an advancement in questing.  Duely noted but that doesn't make TERA a bad game and who says Bluehole can't modify it in the future? They're adding different elements right now actually.

You want to say TERA isn't a good game because the questing system isn't revolutionary, hey, you write whatever you want in that box.  I tend to look at the whole package when it comes to my time investment.  In the time I've spent playing TERA I've seen a solid, quality MMO that is fun to play with a lot of nice features.  In fact I could point to 5-10 features that are either new or done better that other games wished they had.  It's the little things.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by Pivotelite

Originally posted by Deathofsage

I'd agree people are overzealously defending TERA, but others have been begging begging for different, and when different comes along, it gets lampooned in the areas that are the same. "Sure, this car flies, but you still sit inside it like practically every other car. Boring."

That was an absolutely perfect analogy.

Only because you agree with the overall view of the person making it..

I can say its like one is a car with manual transmission and the other is one with automatic transmission.   Some people like the extra control of the manual transmission, but its only one part of the driving process and the overall experience isnt that different once you use one or the other for a short length of time.

The majority of UI interaction is different from WoW and it's clones. That was a proper first step. Combat is as completely different as could be while still being real time and not turn-based in some fashion.

Seriously, all this makes me laugh.. even if [your] reason for playing is different than combat (RP, controlling the economy, farming, you're rmt/cgf, combat's existence is the core for most of people that will keep the game online. Combat (dungeons, raiding, pvp) is a significant portion of the reason most people play these games.

TERA isn't a perfect game, and I've made a growing list of where it could, and should, improve, but I don't want to be tab targeting in 2020 and if this game fails to make a splash, we will be. Most companies aren't trying to make any risky innovation at all. I'm not saying I'm playing it because I fear the alternative. I'm playing it, or intend to, because for all it's flaws, it is actually better than most of what's out there.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

Did you even read my post chilliesauce? crafting is alot complicated in this game also. Its a throwback to the good old days. But it looks like you only bother to read what you like? Is TERA a perfect game? NO. Is it trying to atlest use other old mechanics and innovate them going into the next decade? YES...

Game is SOLID, you might not like it for diffrent reasons. But it dose what it dose well... I played it so I know. You also have to undestand that the people that play this game arnt that Intersted in PvE activites. I could care less if the game had 0-2000 quests. 0-500 raids. I want a better crafting system, and ingame econamy and a fun Combat system. AND MOST OF ALL I WANT TO BE IN CONTROL OF WHO FIGHTS WHO. Guilds and comunity is the number 1 priority for me. I want to be able to COMUNICATE WITH EVERYONE ON MY SERVER. I HATE FACTIONS.. I HATE STORY.. I want to make my own stories in the game. If I want a nice voice over storyline I WILL WATCH A MOVIE or play a SINGLE PLAYER GAME!!!!

You are trolling up the wrong comunity. TERA DOSENT HAVE ONLY ONE FETURE THAT WE LIKE IT HAS LOADS OF FETURES THAT WE LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ChilliesauceChilliesauce Member Posts: 559

Did you even read my post chilliesauce? crafting is alot complicated in this game also. Its a throwback to the good old days. But it looks like you only bother to read what you like? Is TERA a perfect game? NO. Is it trying to atlest use other old mechanics and innovate them going into the next decade? YES...

Game is SOLID, you might not like it for diffrent reasons. But it dose what it dose well... I played it so I know. You also have to undestand that the people that play this game arnt that Intersted in PvE activites. I could care less if the game had 0-2000 quests. 0-500 raids. I want a better crafting system, and ingame econamy and a fun Combat system. AND MOST OF ALL I WANT TO BE IN CONTROL OF WHO FIGHTS WHO. Guilds and comunity is the number 1 priority for me. I want to be able to COMUNICATE WITH EVERYONE ON MY SERVER. I HATE FACTIONS.. I HATE STORY.. I want to make my own stories in the game. If I want a nice voice over storyline I WILL WATCH A MOVIE or play a SINGLE PLAYER GAME!!!!

You are trolling up the wrong comunity. TERA DOSENT HAVE ONLY ONE FETURE THAT WE LIKE IT HAS LOADS OF FETURES THAT WE LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure..if you say so? i played korean version though and i failed to see what was so complicated about crafting. Nonetheless i am sure TEra will follow same pattern like it did in Korea. Lose servers pretty fast..and then go F2P like AIon did in west.

The only feature that really stands out is combat. Everything else is just generic..questing being the worst of all.

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976

I love how people complain about quests " collect 10 *** "  " Kill 15 *** "  yet i dont see them come up with any new and exciting quests themselfs..  Explain to me what a better quest would be?  go kill 1 *** ?  or go look at this tree?  tell me what you would do?
    no matter what you say a quest will always have kill this or get that or protect this or destroy that...   That is what these games are about killing and looting .... if you can come up with something better please let me know.

Well, if you ask: Shire quests (LotrO), minigame quests (WoW), Investigation Missions (TSW), sabotage missions (TSW), Dynamic Events (GW2), to name some examples out of the top of my head. Even TOR and AoC VO/cinematic quests with dialogue options and LotrO book quests can offer a welcome diversion of the very traditional bare bones 'kill ten X' or 'move your ass to there and/or get me this trivial stuff' kinda quests.

It's all in how you're required to do stuff, a different delivery or presentation of your missions can make it feel fresh or different - or less same old - same for different combat while doing it. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

O wait but their combat is still same old boring, i'm sorry but you can have the fancyiest quest system there is but it really doesn't mean much in keeping playing because most of them rush to cap in 1 month and quest means NOTHING when your capped -.-

Heh, I'd already forgotten about this thread and my post here :)

Eh, we were talking about quests and how they could be done different and interesting, not about combat, I thought that was pretty obvious -_-

Also, it doesn't matter if combat is the same old mechanics or aim based, every combat grows familiar after a while and then it's only about whether someone enjoys some combat or not. I've been using the same combat mechanics in shooters now as I did 10 years ago, some multiplay shooter games I like, others I don't, but the core aim based mechanics are still the same. Enjoying combat mechanics isn't dependent on it being revolutionary or different, to each their own preferences. And there's a lot of things that determine whether an MMO is fun for someone, combat AND questing are just parts of that equation, both of them.

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

You hit on a major point right there.  TERA is not about just one gimmick being action combat however.  The other of the elements of the game are high quality, much more than critics give it credit for.  If you look closely most of them play for "5 minutes" or get their opinion from "what they seen from videos", etc.  Made in Korea? Yep, another grinder...

I don't claim that TERA is a game everyone will want to play, the artstyle alone will turn people away, but be honest about what the game is.  It's boggling to me that the bad aspect being reported and causing so much ire, pushing troll food to the side, is lack of an advancement in questing.  Duely noted but that doesn't make TERA a bad game and who says Bluehole can't modify it in the future? They're adding different elements right now actually.

You want to say TERA isn't a good game because the questing system isn't revolutionary, hey, you write whatever you want in that box.  I tend to look at the whole package when it comes to my time investment.  In the time I've spent playing TERA I've seen a solid, quality MMO that is fun to play with a lot of nice features.  In fact I could point to 5-10 features that are either new or done better that other games wished they had.  It's the little things.

Its all the little themepark kidds. They seem to think that an MMO is about questing?? when the FUCK has an MMO been about questing??? Questing is just a mechanic to make th grind less tiersome for some people. Its content you BLOW through. Evryone WILL BE DONE WITH QUESTING AT SOME POINT...  Why spend anny time on developing a super mechanic for questing only Retards and BIOWARE would do something like that...

The game is about getting to the end... Levels are a timesink. Now when I look around after reching the end in TERA I SEE LOTS OF THING THAT WILL KEEP ME PLAYING THE GAME... Guild vs Guild.. Political system. fight for control. Crafting and many other things. 

A good game is messured by what you can do once you are PAST THE GRIND... how much you can effect the game world... and other players experince in the game...

Heh, I'd already forgotten about this thread and my post here :)

Eh, we were talking about quests and how they could be done different and interesting, not about combat, I thought that was pretty obvious -_-

Also, it doesn't matter if combat is the same old mechanics or aim based, every combat grows familiar after a while and then it's only about whether someone enjoys some combat or not. I've been using the same combat mechanics in shooters now as I did 10 years ago, some multiplay shooter games I like, others I don't, but the core aim based mechanics are still the same. Enjoying combat mechanics isn't dependent on it being revolutionary or different, to each their own preferences. And there's a lot of things that determine whether an MMO is fun for someone, combat AND questing are just parts of that equation, both of them.

People who play MMOS for questing should quit. And go back to playing single player games. MMOS are fun because you Interact with others. That is why most of us play them. Running around solo questing?? omg how boring isent that. Im gona tell you something I would much rather get RIDD of all quest. Better to just let you go out there and explore, kill the monster that you want. This focus on questing that we have had to put up with for the past 8 years since world of warcraft came out needs to go away and die in a corner. MMOs need to go back to what they were made for. INTERACTION BETWEN HUMANS. You smh_alot are much more interesting to me then some QUEST. Dont you understant this?

All the games that have survived for thousand of years have one core mechanic in common human Interaction. take Chess for example.. we played that game a very very long time. An AI mechanic can never replace a HUMAN period. Get this through your skulls... MMOS are about PLAYER Interaction not player VS AI......

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    While I agree there are things in TERA to keep people interested at level cap, other than just grinding group content I disagree about the importance of questing.

MMOs are an extension of PnP games in which a group of people could adventure together while the DM decided what to throw in front of them, a master quest if you will. MMOs seemed to have sectioned it so people could join others and adventure in a persistent world. PvP added to this as a real person is more of a challenge than a programmed one.

Overall I think the issue is that we've gotten to used to what makes MMO fun and in some cases use it to get from A to B without enjoying it. Most people laugh when you ask if they read the text for quests.

Yes, the questing could be better but don't complain it's too much like WoW if you play it just like WoW.

Just not worth my time anymore.

Sure..if you say so? i played korean version though and i failed to see what was so complicated about crafting. Nonetheless i am sure TEra will follow same pattern like it did in Korea. Lose servers pretty fast..and then go F2P like AIon did in west.

The only feature that really stands out is combat. Everything else is just generic..questing being the worst of all.

You speak Korean?

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

While I agree there are things in TERA to keep people interested at level cap, other than just grinding group content I disagree about the importance of questing.

MMOs are an extension of PnP games in which a group of people could adventure together while the DM decided what to throw in front of them, a master quest if you will. MMOs seemed to have sectioned it so people could join others and adventure in a persistent world. PvP added to this as a real person is more of a challenge than a programmed one.

Overall I think the issue is that we've gotten to used to what makes MMO fun and in some cases use it to get from A to B without enjoying it. Most people laugh when you ask if they read the text for quests.

Yes, the questing could be better but don't complain it's too much like WoW if you play it just like WoW.

I think the Trolls are just grasping for straws. Unless they do consider that questing is the main focus of an MMO. And then I really feel sorry for them. They totaly missed what MMOS are about.. And I dont think it mathers at this point what we tell them. Their minds are just to shallow..

I guess for them its not about making your own fun interacting with others. I guess they play because they want to game to Make the fun for them. Reason many players cant get into EvE is because they cant get around this. They cant use their own Imagination. They cant setup goals for themselves... they need the AI to help them.

Think small and act small and you remain small... There is no helping a mindset like that...

Wait isn't that every other game? At least Tera dare to change a core mechanic in the game rather than just gluing extra stuff on. Lets see SWTOR has voice over, that was pretty much yet. Rift has DE. GW2 has..... pretty much nothing new beside everything riped from other mmorpg beside the fact it does DE better than rift does. So compare to everythign else that come out Tera stand out pretty damn well.

People who play MMOS for questing should quit. And go back to playing single player games. MMOS are fun because you Interact with others. That is why most of us play them. Running around solo questing?? omg how boring isent that. Im gona tell you something I would much rather get RIDD of all quest. Better to just let you go out there and explore, kill the monster that you want. This focus on questing that we have had to put up with for the past 8 years since world of warcraft came out needs to go away and die in a corner. MMOs need to go back to what they were made for. INTERACTION BETWEN HUMANS. You smh_alot are much more interesting to me then some QUEST. Dont you understant this?

All the games that have survived for thousand of years have one core mechanic in common human Interaction. take Chess for example.. we played that game a very very long time. An AI mechanic can never replace a HUMAN period. Get this through your skulls... MMOS are about PLAYER Interaction not player VS AI......

Thats what worries me about GW2 is lack of role everyone has. It seem everyone can tank/dps/support with any class so my point is whats the point? I mean been able to do everything is cool and all but when you play a role that anyone can replace your character kinda loss all meaning. I mean in Tera you play Zerk because you got the best spike dmg or lancer because your a tank or priest because your a healer. Now lets say both zerk/lancer/priest all can dps/tank/heal well does your class mean anything any more? No coz anyone random guy you call can do the exact same thing. I mean i guess some people like that but feel like it kills the party aspect of the game. And agreed on the quest thing lol.

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440

Ive played both Tera and GW2 and I personally found Tera to be way more refreshing.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• ZuuzZuuz Member Posts: 44

I was actually suprised myself how much I liked playing TERA. Game hadnt really caught my attention before because I despise the art-style (and still I'm not a big fan of the character models, but I'll settle for a popori) but the gameplay is really, really solid. 

Just one note: I just think it's kinda ridiculous everyone's going on about how instant abilties have a 'lock' time as if that's something the developers have overlooked. The point is that they didn't, they WANT it in and for good reason, it makes the combat feel so much more rewarding and places emphasis on prediction skills. Or maybe you won't like it (or don't like it) and that's ok but don't come with stupid one-liners like: 'instant aren't instant' cause it just makes you look ridiculous.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

You speak Korean?

A lot of people from west played Korean version who got tired of waiting for western release. Don't think one needs to learn Korean for that.

Wait isn't that every other game? At least Tera dare to change a core mechanic in the game rather than just gluing extra stuff on. Lets see SWTOR has voice over, that was pretty much yet. Rift has DE. GW2 has..... pretty much nothing new beside everything riped from other mmorpg beside the fact it does DE better than rift does. So compare to everythign else that come out Tera stand out pretty damn well.

You can't be serious.

You can't be serious.

Please list 1 thing beside DE that other game hasn't already done before. Lets see WvW done by other game and Tera is getting it too. Combat some where cross between tab and action. Siege has also been gone before.... so ya nothing really stand out beside the DE which rift already done too but GW2 just did it much better at least thats what we think since beside the press no one else has play it yet.

GW2 will stand out but so does Tera, trying to say as if changing something so core to the game play as combat doesn't make Tera stand out is right down stupid.

You can't be serious.

Please list 1 thing beside DE that other game hasn't already done before. Lets see WvW done by other game and Tera is getting it too. Combat some where cross between tab and action. Siege has also been gone before.... so ya nothing really stand out beside the DE which rift already done too but GW2 just did it much better at least thats what we think since beside the press no one else has play it yet.

GW2 will stand out but so does Tera, trying to say as if changing something so core to the game play as combat doesn't make Tera stand out is right down stupid.

Everything has been done before, with that point of view nothing is new. But the biggest difference between GW2 and Tera is lateral progression and completely getting rid of questing hub nonsense. Other than combat which is also not that different since AOC and DCUO already have similar combat what does Tera offer? political system? Vanguard has much better system in place. Crafting? doesn't even come close to games like Vanguard and EQ2.

Tera is your typical themepark MMO, and nothign is wrong with that. but to defend Tera saying GW2 offers nothign new is ironic and hilarious.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by Xirik

Ive played both Tera and GW2 and I personally found Tera to be way more refreshing.

I guess it comes down to what youre looking for, GW2 seems more like a hybrid of WoW and TERA in my opinion.

TERAs combat just felt so refreshing to me because there is so much power behind your attacks and especially knockdowns, couple that with the blood effects and ground cracks on power moves and it just feels like you are actually damaging the enemies. I dont get that with any of the other big themepark titles.

Knowing how rewarding skill is in this game just makes it feel so much better when you accomplish something, when you kill a boss in a dungeon for WoW its because you had the gear to do so, in TERA its because you have the skill to do so(however it can also be gear). Heck, you could kill all the dungeon bosses solo without being hit once if youre good enough.