Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Ascension 'Truly Free' Announced

2»

Comments

• Necrosaro420Necrosaro420 Member Posts: 31

But, But, But this game was so awesome and was the WoW killer.  Now they cant even get subscriptions so have to give it away.

• ronpackronpack Member Posts: 138
    this is great news :)
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Originally posted by acidblood

Sounds good, and I did enjoy Aion... but I'm thinking it's going to be too little too late.

They say that about all games released last few years lol. TOR was to be a WOW killer also, didnt quite get there.

Problem is all the games feel, look, play, and experience the same way now because they are trying to copy WOW. Once a game like Archeage for example comes out, its new to many (not old timers), has tons more features, has every aspect of real life in a mmo., and so much more................it might change the market.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Vyeth

NCsoft to Enmasse: I'll see your one, and raise you two..

Theres going to be alot of people saying how they will not play this, but I assure you.. After seeing what happened to the Lineage 2 servers when they went F2P, people will be there and it will be packed..

Not sure what this means for TERA, since the games are graphically similar.. Guess it just comes down to how the player prefers to fight..

Personally, I'm interested in TERA for the combat style and the political system.  The art styles are very similar, but doesn't have any bearing on my interest.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• xSagaixSagai Member CommonPosts: 94

Originally posted by Mannish

I must say that I am glad to see this because NC Soft's Truly Free Method is hands down the best. 

QFT

Despite its faults, Aion is the one game I always come back to. It has always been a solid game and 3.0 will bring a lot of great changes. New dungeons, fortress, mounts and player housing to name a few.

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Thank you thank you thank you!

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Interesting news indeed. If it wasn't for people running around looking like Bozo the Clown using lolllipops for weapons with all the retarded unimmersive costumes they added, I might have actually gave Aion another go. The game itself I enjoyed, and despite it having amazing graphics. The costume options as well as things like mumus running around killed this game for me
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361

there isnt IP-block on gameforge servers right?

makes sense that USA aion is going f2p too.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676

Scratches head..

Am I correct in saying it's ftp but with a lvl 40 limit ?

And returning players (probably with lvl 55 characters) get ftp just for 2 weeks?

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

lol go to website and read the game gonna be totally free  ,im really not suprise knowing alrdy lot of p2p games going to die whit the coming of gw2

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676

Ah, I went to the Aion site.

But as i'm in England I went to the EU (UK) site - and ran into a NCfail hate storm on the forums about the EU getting shafted again.

Seems to be that this is only US at the moment, although I can't seeing it staying that way, as EU players will just switch to the US servers.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by dadante666

lol go to website and read the game gonna be totally free  ,im really not suprise knowing alrdy lot of p2p games going to die whit the coming of gw2

Considering that GW2 is coming out from the same parent company, doesn't it make more sense that NCsoft is converting all their games into the GW2 model?

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by JudgeUK

Scratches head..

And returning players (probably with lvl 55 characters) get ftp just for 2 weeks?

Thats european model.

The NCSOFT version Aion "Truly Free" will be in every way similar to their L2 "Trully Free" :)

No limitations at all.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

if it is like what they did with L2, it'll be great.

it's at least in the ballpark of the turbine systems regarding f2p systems if not even better.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

Originally posted by itchmon

if it is like what they did with L2, it'll be great.

it's at least in the ballpark of the turbine systems regarding f2p systems if not even better.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• TyvolusNextTyvolusNext Member Posts: 192

Originally posted by JudgeUK

Scratches head..

I dont think you could be more clueless if you tried.

• nhatnhat Member UncommonPosts: 166

So basically this is Buy To Play now since the free trial only goes to 40? Hey I'm down with that!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

They burnt their bridge with me, with probably the worst customer support I have experienced in any game.  Even free won't get me to try it again.

And it is not even close to Turbine's design.  How you could even imagine that is beyond me.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    I'll be there to check it out when it goes Truly Free. Can't say I'm a fan of the ridiculous costumes and weapon skins though. Oh well at least they know when they're beaten.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

Originally posted by nhat

So basically this is Buy To Play now since the free trial only goes to 40? Hey I'm down with that!

The 40 limit is only for the event before it goes F2P officially.

• HALO13HALO13 Member UncommonPosts: 7

Coolest Game ever!   Nothing else out there holds my attention like this one.   They all fail misserably next to this one.  Thank you Korea.