Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online HACKED!

Comments

• sandboxluvsandboxluv Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by deathshroud

Originally posted by sandboxluv

The person using Discord's account knew what he was doing.  He did not get on and fumble for different commands, he has been on a gm account before.  I can see Discord being dumb enough to give someone his information.

you are wrong he hasnt been a gm account before. sv lost 54 subs when most of aq quit in protest. Im suprised the video was actually well put together and the music choice wasnt bad :)

Can you explain to me or show me some proof the person in question was not on a GM account before??  Because from watching the video the guy knows exactly what he is doing.  And he was able to get on 3 different accounts from watching the video. 

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

The person using Discord's account knew what he was doing.  He did not get on and fumble for different commands, he has been on a gm account before.  I can see Discord being dumb enough to give someone his information.

you are wrong he hasnt been a gm account before. sv lost 54 subs when most of aq quit in protest. Im suprised the video was actually well put together and the music choice wasnt bad :)

Can you explain to me or show me some proof the person in question was not on a GM account before??  Because from watching the video the guy knows exactly what he is doing.  And he was able to get on 3 different accounts from watching the video. 

well i guess it is possible, but isnt it also possible that the commands were simple to figure out or that there was a command to list commands. Or perhaps this person has had access to discrods acconut for a long enough time to learn some of the commands. Or maybe they are fonud in the mo files somewhere. So i guess you arent wrong but you arent unquestionably right either.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

well i guess it is possible, but isnt it also possible that the commands were simple to figure out or that there was a command to list commands. Or perhaps this person has had access to discrods acconut for a long enough time to learn some of the commands. Or maybe they are fonud in the mo files somewhere. So i guess you arent wrong but you arent unquestionably right either.

All possible but I find that Occam's razor holds true: the simplest explanation is usually the correct one...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• monoltamonolta Member Posts: 6

Very funny stuff. I have logs of AQ member(s) sending irc messages to the alliance members saying "look,  x is going to be banned soon" on the night of the siege and what do you know, it happened. Another thing, the type of editing looks like Dotix's editing. Wouldn't be surprised if it was him, but for a fact, whoever got into the GM accounts was an AQ member, make no mistake.

Simply put, they are butthurt that they lost and quit the game while blaming corrupt "GM's" on their doing :)

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Originally posted by monolta

Very funny stuff. I have logs of AQ member(s) sending irc messages to the alliance members saying "look,  x is going to be banned soon" on the night of the siege and what do you know, it happened. Another thing, the type of editing looks like Dotix's editing. Wouldn't be surprised if it was him, but for a fact, whoever got into the GM accounts was an AQ member, make no mistake.

Simply put, they are butthurt that they lost and quit the game while blaming corrupt "GM's" on their doing :)

Sure you do.  You have made 2 posts so far, 1 of which is now deleted.  You glow with credibility.

Originally posted by psykobilly

Sure you do.  You have made 2 posts so far, 1 of which is now deleted.  You glow with credibility.

sorry, I don't post much on these forums and I don't think credibility has anything to do with it ;)

sorry, I don't post much on these forums and I don't think credibility has anything to do with it ;)

Regardless, still points to SV having bad security if the game was so easy to hack using GM account...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

Originally posted by kakasaki

Regardless, still points to SV having bad security if the game was so easy to hack using GM account...

Very true. The GM's are corrupted but not all of them. Theia is awesome and loved while Athanas is the worst and most hated. Corruption is really bad in this game but it's fixable. All GM's should be under review and all players' IP'S be checked and double chcked, starting with AQ's and all guilds.

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Then post the proof

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Posting details on exploits, video, or the like isn't permitted here. Just a reminder. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

Originally posted by Rabidz

Major campanies like SONY and BLIZZARD are HACKED all the time. MO was hacked as well, but dealt with the matter quickly and professionally.

NO ACCOUNT INFO was comprimised. Just a butthurt guild of exploiters trying to ruin the game for everyone.

All is well now, no news here- Lets move on.

Yup nothing to see here Discord screws up yet again in the middle of a siege.  Also do you have proof Discord did not give out his creds to someone he thought was a friend?

Major campanies like SONY and BLIZZARD are HACKED all the time. MO was hacked as well, but dealt with the matter quickly and professionally.

NO ACCOUNT INFO was comprimised. Just a butthurt guild of exploiters trying to ruin the game for everyone.

Yup nothing to see here Discord screws up yet again in the middle of a siege.  Also do you have proof Discord did not give out his creds to someone he thought was a friend?

I see no "proof" Discord screwed up and until I hear an official explaination of the matter I really dont know- What I DO know, is that SV are doing everything they can to fix the mess caused by a player who tried to ruin everyones fun. SV will get to the bottom of this and probably file charges.

I know SV is the best company as far as customer service goes. They really care. You might not think so, but SV is a small company that wants happy customers.

I am just glad a guild of exploiters is gone- Will help the game immensly. For that- I am glad this all happened.

He banned people in the middle of a siege when he shouldn't of that was the f-up derp..   And I disagree about having the best customer service...  Unless you call over hyping and not delevring as good service.. 

And I have delt with AQ many times on oppisite sides of the sword and I have never seen them exploit.   So why don't you stop accusing. 

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

I see no "proof" Discord screwed up and until I hear an official explaination of the matter I really dont know- What I DO know, is that SV are doing everything they can to fix the mess caused by a player who tried to ruin everyones fun. SV will get to the bottom of this and probably file charges.

I know SV is the best company as far as customer service goes. They really care. You might not think so, but SV is a small company that wants happy customers.

I am just glad a guild of exploiters is gone- Will help the game immensly. For that- I am glad this all happened.

[Mod Edit]

But SV being the best company as far customer service go? Really? Do I even need to name Valve?

• Cyde77Cyde77 Member UncommonPosts: 101

This statement disgusts me.

Originally posted by Cyde77

This statement disgusts me.

I agree.

AQ aren't exploiters and are known for their skill right next to Envy. Even though you have players like Dotix around which are uncontrollable.

• LustienLustien Member Posts: 32

AQ so far, is the guild that done the most exploition ever known in mortal online, their members like warchild etc are banned for two weeks, cdxx and others are permabanned.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416

This game needs to just close already its been on life support since before it was even release its so bad. They should put it out of its misery already.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

is there a point of hacking mo?

What are the benefits for the hackers then?

Only thing i can think of is creditcard numbers from the site maybe?

• Cyde77Cyde77 Member UncommonPosts: 101

Originally posted by Lustien

AQ so far, is the guild that done the most exploition ever known in mortal online, their members like warchild etc are banned for two weeks, cdxx and others are permabanned.

Id talk at length about how wrong you are but really .. whats the point? You are clearly delusional enough to believe that nonsense so how can anything I say make you see reason?

Oh well.

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

I find it extremely hard to believe any gm would give his account details to anyone, i would never even consider giving anyone my account details for a regular player account, much less for a gm account.

For someone to do something like that shows extreme lack of judgment and, well, brains... I just can't believe anyone could be so stupid.

If someone really did give away his account details to a player, I hope for SV's sake that they have thought about security enough to have logs so they find out who it was and kick him the f*** out! Seriously, how is it even possible

And from what I've read on mo-forums Dotix is a 14 year old raging troll of a kid? How can you guys be guilded with someone like that? I would be ashamed and switch guilds asap.

I'm starting to see why sv asked for id for the focus group or whatever it was, from what i've gathered up to now there are an awful lot of raging kids among the "hardcore pvp-ers".

• x_Paradox_xx_Paradox_x Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by Siveria

This game needs to just close already its been on life support since before it was even release its so bad. They should put it out of its misery already.

-Actually, the poulation has been steadily growing and retention rates among new players at at an all time high.

There is alot of improvment and with the influx of new blood the economy is begining to be a tangible part of play.

Yes, MO had a really rough start. Yes there is alot of work to do. But SV have shown they are commited and are tirelessly fixing this game a patch at a time.

I can honestly tell you this game is the most incredible game I have ever played. A next gen Ultima Online. SV stands behind their product and now that people are seeing past the blind "hate" and actually trying the game (not based on the bad publicity of a few butthurt ex players) the world is growing every day.

Of coarse this is my opinion. And not everyone wants a hardcore, full loot, Ultima Online style sandbox with keep warfare and guild politics and the like. Some prefer WOW, and thats okay. =)

I would like what you described but MO is not a sandbox.  Gameplay is overrun by death match style pvp. The community likes to trash talk more that RP. There are few tools that encourage sandbox play. It is not much different that Call of Duty on XBOX except for the bugs and cheaters.

A good example of the biggest problems is this strawman attack on anyone who doesn’t like the way MO turned out. Apparently I should go play wow because I am not hardcore enough. That is just talking trash to feel cool. How can you enjoy a sandbox with people that act this way?

If anyone does find a new UO I would be interested. I have been keeping an eye one forsakenstudios.com but it’s a long way off.

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

I couldnt have said this  better myself.

When one uses a bit of logic and not blind hate or willingness to believe that anything anypone says about SV is true. Clearly this was a hack as retaliation for SV enforcing its rules to begin with.

Well, i'm not drawing any conclusions about anything. Sounds fishy that someone would be able to hack into the lead gm's account as well.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Personally, I can not wait for the next set of financials to come out and once again prove that all these new accounts here on MMORPG spewing this "the population is increasing" are in fact wrong as ever.  When will they stop?  How many times must it be PROVEN in the financials before they give it up? 

P.S. Please dont quote the PR statement about the increase as a PR statement is not a statement based on fact.  This is the reason all games can say they are the greatest or the most action packed.  Look up the word "puffery".  The only FACTUAL information we have is the financial statements.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I couldnt have said this  better myself.

When one uses a bit of logic and not blind hate or willingness to believe that anything anypone says about SV is true. Clearly this was a hack as retaliation for SV enforcing its rules to begin with.

I get it, you are not a fanboi but this was "clearly" a hack based on retaliation because SV actually enforced some rules?  It has nothing to do with SV being poorly managed and allowing active players to be GM's.  It has nothing to do with GM's coming over to AQ and telling them in their TS that they are sorry and it was a mistake and there was no rule broken by AQ.  "Clearly" you know more since you are using logic. 

Thanks for the great analysis Mr. Spock.  I'm sure glad you are here to clear this all up for us and offer us this non-biased opinion. 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Originally posted by Siveria

-Actually, the poulation has been steadily growing and retention rates among new players at at an all time high.

There is alot of improvment and with the influx of new blood the economy is begining to be a tangible part of play.

Yes, MO had a really rough start. Yes there is alot of work to do. But SV have shown they are commited and are tirelessly fixing this game a patch at a time.

I can honestly tell you this game is the most incredible game I have ever played. A next gen Ultima Online. SV stands behind their product and now that people are seeing past the blind "hate" and actually trying the game (not based on the bad publicity of a few butthurt ex players) the world is growing every day.

Of coarse this is my opinion. And not everyone wants a hardcore, full loot, Ultima Online style sandbox with keep warfare and guild politics and the like. Some prefer WOW, and thats okay. =)

Let us analyse this piece of propaganda for a pattern seen here of late:

• Again, a claim thrown a round here for over a year. Finincial statement says different and no one can provide proof this is so.

• A claim that gets thrown around calling MO the succesor to UO and the equal of EvE. Based on, at best, fan based opinion but denies the FACT that MO lacks many of the sandbox elements of said games.

• Yep, attacking the detractors. Because we all know that people that speak out againt the game MUST be haters or butt-hurt players... It can't be that there are many, many legitimate gripes against the game and the company behind it.

• And the classic of them all:" Only my opinion but those that don't like this "hardcore" game must be WoW themepark lovers." --> This one in particular has been thrown around since Beta and is the most pathetic of them all...

Is there like a template you people use to hype the game? I mean, they all follow the same general formula...