Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about the WvWvW map

frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Just been watching the eternal battleground map and there is something tht doesnt  feel right. If it is  a 3 side battle, the logical shape would be having the eternal battleground at the center and the server grounds forming the points of a triangle, so that each server could attack and be attacked by the other 2. Watching the map it doesnt feel like that,  geography would make the server that occupy the middle ground (the one up north) more subject to attack than the other two (the ones on the sides would have to make a longer trip to battle each other)

Any info on this matter?

Comments

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

It's not one map. What your looking at is a picture of 4 maps, connected via gateways/loading screens. That's why the arrangement of the 4 parts doesn't seem to align properly

• RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375

I agree completely... it looks like the map up in the center would be more exposed for both enemy sides.

Maybe its fixed somewhat with terrain design or something? Like making it harder/longer to travel to the top map? Maybe someone from press beta could tell, but they probably didnt pay attention to something like this. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

I actually was confused with it at first but it finally made sense once I saw this vid. Just look for the teleport locations on each server's map, then it will begin to make sense.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Originally posted by Master10K

I actually was confused with it at first but it finally made sense once I saw this vid. Just look for the teleport locations on each server's map, then it will begin to make sense.

That does explain it then. The exploration map is not really a map at all (no geographical relations between servers), but just a way of presenting the 4 instances. Teleport does the way,. beam us up, scotty

Thanks for the vid.