Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

One quick question about aiming...

Impulse47Impulse47 St. Louis, MOPosts: 158Member Common

Can someone please compare the aiming mechanic to TERA's?

For instance, do you manually aim your arrows as a ranger, or is it totally lock-on targeting?

This won't really stop me from playing the game, but will influence my class choice.

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 17,949Member Uncommon

You don´t manually aim your arrows in Tera, I played an archer there...

No, you don´t aim manually, but you can dodge them. Except for some AoE attacks that rain down arrows over a larger area, you aim them.

AoC could let you aim your arrows if you wanted to but it just wasn´t effective and I knew no rangers who used it while I was playing. It really makes ranged classes hard to play and is a nightmare to balance.

• SatchoSatcho MontevideoPosts: 33Member Common

Originally posted by Loke666

You don´t manually aim your arrows in Tera, I played an archer there...

What were you doing with the reticle then?  I mean, you don't aim at specific body parts/areas, but you do decide in which direction the shot goes by aiming thru/with the reticle. Quite different from the auto-aim present in auto/tab-targeting games, since you calculate when to release the shot in order to hit a moving target, instead of having background math going on, relevant to your accuracy rate, target's dodge %, etc, etc. calculating your hit/miss chance.

• AvsRock21AvsRock21 Denver, COPosts: 256Member

It's click to target, except ranged abilities don't 'heatseek', they just travel straight.  In most of the videos the players have auto-target on.  So when they press a ranged ability it auto targets the closest mob on screen.  But ya, you can dodge or hide behind something to avoid ranged attacks.

• RizelStarRizelStar Raleigh, NCPosts: 2,773Member

Originally posted by AvsRock21

It's click to target, except ranged abilities don't 'heatseek', they just travel straight.  In most of the videos the players have auto-target on.  So when they press a ranged ability it auto targets the closest mob on screen.  But ya, you can dodge or hide behind something to avoid ranged attacks.

Also if you hold rightclick down you can manually shoot where ever your facing unless that's what you meant.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.