Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWOTR drove me back to play WoW!!

12346»

Comments

• erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

Originally posted by Fusion

Originally posted by emperorwings

It's Bioware what do you expect. Their known for great cinematics not great gameplay.

Now all i can say to this is: HAHAHAHAHA!!

"not great gameplay" ... i guess you should get some more intel about bioware and their history of games.. which are by far the greatest PC RPG's to date!

They don't know. They just like playing follow the leader in these forums. If someone says something, without any facts they just go along with them without knowing anything.

Happens alot to those who play WoW.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by erikk3189

Originally posted by Fusion

Originally posted by emperorwings

It's Bioware what do you expect. Their known for great cinematics not great gameplay.

Now all i can say to this is: HAHAHAHAHA!!

"not great gameplay" ... i guess you should get some more intel about bioware and their history of games.. which are by far the greatest PC RPG's to date!

They don't know. They just like playing follow the leader in these forums. If someone says something, without any facts they just go along with them without knowing anything.

Happens alot to those who play WoW.

Talk about irony...

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

Originally posted by CrunkJuice2

"everyone in my guild sits in ORG waiting for queues to pop"

enlighten me on how thats any different then sw tor end game from what ive heard.your basically standing on what is the equivilent of orgrimmar doing the same things only theres no queues you just shout in some chat.maybe i missed some cool and exciting things to do

SwTOR is not anywhere the level of pub fest WoW is, not even close. Open world PvP actually exists in SWTOR (On Ilum). Also WoW fanbase is just beyond repair. It is by far the worst community in any MMO so that really kills it for me. I can't imagine how anyone would pick WoW over SWTOR unless you are completely lost.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

See, as much as I dislike the themepark model, if I'm going to play a linear MMO that's similar to WoW, it's really just a matter of choosing my skin. Personally, I like sci-fi way more than fantasy, so I'd probably go with the skin that gives me space, and allows me to pew pew laser guns. If you enjoy high fantasy, I can see how you might have some difficulty picking between the Rift skin or the WoW skin.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

While playing Swtor I was like "this is such crap, wow does it so much better." It made me miss wow, but I didn't go back...MMO's are almost dead for me, don't even want to try Tera anymore.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• games72games72 Member Posts: 31

I'm hanging on to SWTOR because I bought the CE and said, "This is going to be my game!" .... BUT, I have to admit I am disappointed so far and already hear WoW calling me back.  Damned if EA didn't  add neon swords to Ultima Online in the first place or I'd still be there!!!

Imo BW screwed up the single player part too -

can't pick your companions and have the light/dark choices affect who stays and goes. 

No variety in starships (even an option of 2 like the advanced class, like you get either a "piece of junk" or "luxury yacht"). 

Voice overs - really disappointing for such a big selling point - constantly get people saying their voice doesn't fit the character they created.  I'd rather read text than hear my jedi knight talk again... thankfully i also have a female agent who balances this out a bit.

Bottom line for me is an MMO is supposed to let you create your character and find your adventure.  In this game BW essentially creates everything about your character except the race, weight, and skin tone.

*edit - I don't mean to be so negative... there are a lot of good things about SWTOR and I'm hoping to stay, but I would like to see some things get worked on now that I've been in it a few months...

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Personally, I don't think there is a game out there bad enough that it could drive me back to WoW.  I'm one of those rare few that find WoW to be a bad game.  Everything from art style, to 3rd grade quest reading level, to crafting, and beyond.  Don't even get me started on all the gold farming and level 60's feeling so powerful when they pawn a level 20 in PvP.  I put a few months into WoW figuring it would grow on me and the only thing that grew was my hate for the game.  So while SWTOR might be considered a WoW clone, at least a=it can do something that WoW never did . . . it can get me interested in the game.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"