Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No raiding?

select20select20 Member Posts: 130

I just heard there is no raiding in this game? Is this true? I hope it's not true. I've been looking forward to this game for awhile, and if there is no raiding, I will deffinetly not play.

(I have a feeling some fanbois will flame this thread to hell and back).

"Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it."

Comments

• bartillobartillo Member UncommonPosts: 190

Nope, theirs dynamic events and theirs 5 man dungeons and the WvWvW sieges have pve bosses in the keeps.

No wow like raids.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

No raiding. 

But you can try Tera that will have it. =)

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468

There si not instanced raiding like in WoW. 

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

i thought they would put on a better show. eh, with the main antagonists doing a heel -> face turn i guess this is about what we can expect. even after all was laid bare, five year old information.

• RykerRyker Member UncommonPosts: 207

It isnt a mmo like wow or everquest. Its really just a sign in and do an pvp battle type game like a shooter. 

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Difficult PvE content will consist of 5-man dungeons and elite events. The later can lead to large open world bosses such as the Shatterer and Tequatl the Sunless which you can fight with up to a hundred players. Look them up on youtube.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

F raiding anyway.

Hundreds of bad MMOs out there that have raiding as it stands. 

Originally posted by Ryker

It isnt a mmo like wow or everquest. Its really just a sign in and do an pvp battle type game like a shooter. 

Stop trolling.. this is def a mmo.

You have a personal story and tons of pve content... plus the wvwvw uses your pve char.

The bgs/arenas is a pre fabricated seperate char you use just for e sports stuff. Completely different gear etc from your pve char like in gw 1.

Also ya "raids" would be the epic events that lead to dragons etc.. that take 100 people to kill. but their world bosses, not instanced raids.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0nCHPl_mEU

yeah thats definitely not a raid

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

I plan on raiding the Shatterer with 99 others by my side lol.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by Diovidius

Difficult PvE content will consist of 5-man dungeons and elite events. The later can lead to large open world bosses such as the Shatterer and Tequatl the Sunless which you can fight with up to a hundred players. Look them up on youtube.

I can do that now in a game called Aion. This is BEYONDDDDDDDDDDDDD a Korean concept that lost favor in the US years and years ago when guilds would organize to just zerg the boss down.

Not sure how I feelabout the "no instanced raiding" thing. In my view it makes the end game weak and is proff that without a direct healing class challenging raid content is not possible. This game is also designed for a specific audience also.

Originally posted by Ecoces

Its not a instanced wow type raid.. thats a 100 man open world boss.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

F raiding anyway.

Hundreds of bad MMOs out there that have raiding as it stands. 

I agree raiding can be bad but it  can be a challenge and fun for a very niche playerbase.

With that said no raids means 20-30% of the MMO Market wont even bother with the game.  Maybe thats a good thing.  I hope the game is fun because with no gear grind no pvp grind no raiding the only thing to make people keep playing is its fun and they better make it fun.

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Been waiting to answer this question for years.

NO

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by select20

I just heard there is no raiding in this game? Is this true? I hope it's not true. I've been looking forward to this game for awhile, and if there is no raiding, I will deffinetly not play.

Thats cool, you don't have to play. There are plenty of other raid based games out there for you to enjoy.

Raiding, IMO, is an end game mechanic engaged in by a few, thats all. It has unreasonable barriers to play involved, and is at best tedious beyond belief after a short period. While a few enjoy the practise (though tolerate or feel compelled by OCDs might be more honest?) obviously a lot don't.

GW2 will be for those that want to try something different then the same old model that we have seen before.

Originally posted by Puremallace

I can do that now in a game called Aion. This is BEYONDDDDDDDDDDDDD a Korean concept that lost favor in the US years and years ago when guilds would organize to just zerg the boss down.

Not sure how I feelabout the "no instanced raiding" thing. In my view it makes the end game weak and is proff that without a direct healing class challenging raid content is not possible. This game is also designed for a specific audience also.

well then stick to EVERY OTHER mmo out there that has endgame raiding as the only thing to do when your max level. sorry but this isn't the game for you and 19 of your closest elitist friends to sit in the major city waiting for your raid timer to clear.

not true.. not having a healing class can make the content even more challenging..

gw2 has active dodging.. you can roll out of the way to dodge enemy attacks.

Some abilities also require skill shots etc.. so the enemy can dodge of it as well.

You have a self heal as a back up in case you suck at dodging.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Originally posted by bartillo

You have a personal story and tons of pve content... plus the wvwvw uses your pve char.

The bgs/arenas is a pre fabricated seperate char you use just for e sports stuff. Completely different gear etc from your pve char like in gw 1.

Also ya "raids" would be the epic events that lead to dragons etc.. that take 100 people to kill. but their world bosses, not instanced raids.

Good to hear that pvp and my pve character will be separate (no senseless pve nerfs for pvp reasons!).

I don't think he was trolling.  It's going to be a super casual game, almost console like, in that you aren't going to be building a character for years.  Just long in have a little bit of fun and log out.

Its not a instanced wow type raid.. thats a 100 man open world boss.

thats what all raids use to be before WOW gave the l33t their own private section of the game world.

sorry you might have to work with others outside your uberguild ... poor you.

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Anet is going for 'endgame starts at level 1' and wants the main attraction to be fun. Anet does not want the game to be a race to max level, only to turn into an entirely different game there where it's all about grinding instances for better gear. That is not to say there won't be difficult content, multiple people have played dungeons and stated that they are quite difficult.

Originally posted by Mardukk

Good to hear that pvp and my pve character will be separate (no senseless pve nerfs for pvp reasons!).

I don't think he was trolling.  It's going to be a super casual game, almost console like, in that you aren't going to be building a character for years.  Just long in have a little bit of fun and log out.

so because the game doesn't have the garbage loot grind and other carrots on a stick mechanics that WoW, rift and TOR has its going to be a super casual game?

did you play DAOC? it had no gear grind(pre-toa) but people fought in the frontiers for HOURS fighting back and forth over territory.

Originally posted by Mardukk

so because the game doesn't have the garbage loot grind and other carrots on a stick mechanics that WoW, rift and TOR has its going to be a super casual game?

did you play DAOC? it had no gear grind(pre-toa) but people fought in the frontiers for HOURS fighting back and forth over territory.

Well they fought for relics (faction wide buffs that improved your pvp and pve)

gw2 has this too though.. doing well in the wvw you get a server wide buff.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by select20

No organised raids. Save your money if thats all you want.

I get the feeling the PvE endgame is going to be pretty light except for the diehard fans grinding appearance gear. PvP will be where its at.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

No raiding, yessssss!  I am sick to death of games that call endgame raiding.  I suppose I wouldn't mind if it were an option for people that enjoy it, BUT....there are already tons of games that have raiding, so why not one for those of us that hate raiding? I think it's fair to have ONE solitary game that doesn't shove endgame raiding down your throat.

Having said all that...I'm just burnt out on raiding from the games I've played that DID have it, so....I understand why some people enjoy it, but myself...I think it's going to be a breath of fresh air to be without it.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Anet is going for 'endgame starts at level 1' and wants the main attraction to be fun. Anet does not want the game to be a race to max level, only to turn into an entirely different game there where it's all about grinding instances for better gear. That is not to say there won't be difficult content, multiple people have played dungeons and stated that they are quite difficult.

I think the issue is right now that not many peope have dealt with ANET in years or have never dealt with them before. This is not like Bioware where we could point to a Single player rpg and get a idea of what direction they would go.

The best we have is GW1 and that was a corpg and this just seems out there and the concepts literally make no sense to alot of people and me included. I can't tell if they will be massively failure or utterly change the genre.