Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well i did get the game and playing it today, so far...

punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

I am loving it, i guess becouse i am used to FF online.

I made a elf/warrior

Name is  setsua draconis  on the rabanaster server* i think that is how its spelled*

I love the game play to b honest, the questing is taking ot get used to but i like it.

I did have som things to ask thou if you all don`t mind answering.

How is it if i play with a controller?  and were do i get it if its better then keyboard&mouse.

Can i solo some of  the time?  I am a father and somtimes its hard to group up with my son being all over the place lol.

If i can solo any class ideas on to solo with?   If i can solo i dont mind if it takes a little longer, i am playing for the love of final fantasy and the world, not to rush to max level* I am a old school MMO gamer*

Comments

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

I use a controller (never tried using keyboard and mouse) so can't really give an answer on that.

I have solo'ed up to 27 so far I think using Marauder. But my guess is just like with FFXI not going to be easy solo'in magic using jobs.

• PharkasPharkas Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by Lexin

I use a controller (never tried using keyboard and mouse) so can't really give an answer on that.

I have solo'ed up to 27 so far I think using Marauder. But my guess is just like with FFXI not going to be easy solo'in magic using jobs.

What kind of controller do you use? I just recently bought 14 on amazon for 10 bucks cause I wanted to give it a shot and I heard using a controller is a good way to go. I have a USB to PS2 adapter and was just going to use an old PS2 controller. What do you think? Also, I am very new to any final fantasy MMOs. What would be a good starting job/class? I would imagine a non-magic user. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

Originally posted by Pharkas

What kind of controller do you use? I just recently bought 14 on amazon for 10 bucks cause I wanted to give it a shot and I heard using a controller is a good way to go. I have a USB to PS2 adapter and was just going to use an old PS2 controller. What do you think? Also, I am very new to any final fantasy MMOs. What would be a good starting job/class? I would imagine a non-magic user. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wired xbox 360 controller works great with most games. Windows pretty much already comes with the drivers for it since its a microsoft product.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Originally posted by Pharkas

I used a PS3 controller with some weird drivers to make it work on PC, but in the drivers they had a setting for PS2, which was what I used. So the game works very well with a PS2 controller setup. You may have to rebind certain things in the options, but it was pretty much designed for a controller.

Alright, thanks guys! I will give it a shot when I get home from work. Hey, another question. What's a good server for a NA east coaster?

• RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211
    Server will merge this March but I play in Mysidia at the moment.

I'll start my character on that server then......Now I play the waiting game. Come on 5:00pm

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

Good for you,

I got two collectors editions at launch and it broke my heart.

Square really should have waited another year to release this game.

I hope 2.0 will fix a lot of the issues.

Originally posted by Hrica

Good for you,

I got two collectors editions at launch and it broke my heart.

Square really should have waited another year to release this game.

Are you still playing or done for good or will you give it another try when 2.0 hits?

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626

I was curious about the improvment of the game so I went over to a friend's place today to see for  myself.

Overall, the game is wayyyyyyyyy better than launch. It is smoother and in general more playable now. It is not perfect though. I can still see the UI lag a bit and also the game loads characters rather slow sometimes.

There are two rather annoying issues still bug the hell out of me during my session.

First, Attacking a mob with keyboard goes like this. 

1. Target mob ( either click on mob directly or tab target it )

2. Hit hotkey to cast spell

3. Hit "Enter" key or "Click on mob" to perform attack

I still cant figure out why I have to do step 3 even if I have a target already ???

Second, there is a very clear lag on UI showing cooldown and to be able to use the ability again.

I will see the Icon show up as useable, but when I try to cast it, it shows I can't use the spell yet. If this is related to server being in Japan, SE really need to figure out something if they still want to run a "global"server. It is very annoying.

Hopfully they will clear up must of the stuff for 2.0.

I bought it really cheap on Amazon, figured I'd give it a shot. If 2.0 works out then I only paid 10 bucks for the game...