Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal GM apologizes to AQ in teamspeak

psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

About an hour ago, GM Theia came into the AQ teamspeak and apologized for the initial bans that kicked off the entire mess.  It turns out that Discord fundamentally misinterpreted the evidence of the 'ghost inventory exploit' that AQ was accused of.  In fact, the 3 people who were banned all died inside the keep from earthquaking.  Any false flagged items viewed by the GM's were flagged as such due to having just died inside the keep, and the items were on the corpses.

The entire mess was Discord's fault for poor analysis of evidence and his "100% proof" turns out to be 0% proof.

I would appreciate if Theia would publically reply to this thread, since I know you follow MMORPG.  It would be good to have an official statement from SV.

---

To address a few other points:  it has come to my attention that someone from AQ used a yellow account to chat spam the enemy after the initial bans were given.  AQ does not condone the use of such an exploit, and it is a stain on the name that it happened.  I personally apologize that such a thing happened; it is not classy.  As an older member of AQ, all I can say is that young raging kids will be young raging kids and it never would have happened if it were not for 'false' GM bans.

[mod edit - do not post details about exploits]

As far as keeps being destroyed, SV has said they will release the results of that investigation.  I personally hope an AQ member did not have anything to do with it.  I can tell you the majority of AQ don't know anything about it, and if someone does they aren't talking about it.  

The bottom line is that GM's should never be allowed to have guild affiliations.  They should not have ever played the game as to eliminate any bias for friends.  The volunteer GM program should simply not exist, and is another example of a fundamental leadership failure within Starvault.  

Comments

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I agree completely. The reason that Communism doesn't work is because man is too easily corrupted. No GM's should be allowed ot play in the actual game. It's a terrible idea, and at best reults in rumors of cheating, and in all probability results in actual cheating.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• sandboxluvsandboxluv Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by psykobilly

About an hour ago, GM Theia came into the AQ teamspeak and apologized for the initial bans that kicked off the entire mess.  It turns out that Discord fundamentally misinterpreted the evidence of the 'ghost inventory exploit' that AQ was accused of.  In fact, the 3 people who were banned all died inside the keep from earthquaking.  Any false flagged items viewed by the GM's were flagged as such due to having just died inside the keep, and the items were on the corpses.

The entire mess was Discord's fault for poor analysis of evidence and his "100% proof" turns out to be 0% proof.

I would appreciate if Theia would publically reply to this thread, since I know you follow MMORPG.  It would be good to have an official statement from SV.

---

To address a few other points:  it has come to my attention that someone from AQ used a yellow account to chat spam the enemy after the initial bans were given.  AQ does not condone the use of such an exploit, and it is a stain on the name that it happened.  I personally apologize that such a thing happened; it is not classy.  As an older member of AQ, all I can say is that young raging kids will be young raging kids and it never would have happened if it were not for 'false' GM bans.

As far as keeps being destroyed, SV has said they will release the results of that investigation.  I personally hope an AQ member did not have anything to do with it.  I can tell you the majority of AQ don't know anything about it, and if someone does they aren't talking about it.  

The bottom line is that GM's should never be allowed to have guild affiliations.  They should not have ever played the game as to eliminate any bias for friends.  The volunteer GM program should simply not exist, and is another example of a fundamental leadership failure within Starvault.  

Plain and simple Discord is an idiot.  I do not know why he is a member of the team still.  I remember the days of him porting 13's engineers all over the map for BIzzy so they did not have to walk to set up a catapult.

What should of happened un the middle of the siege is for him to delete the suspicious item (which was only food) and then after the seige figure out what happened.  To just ban people in the middle of a siege for having food on your corpse is insane.

MO is very buggy I have died many times since playing and rez and still have gear on me that I shouldn't of.  No exploit by me at all.  but if a random GM came by it sounds like I would of been banned for still having my sword on my corpse even tho I did nothing to make it happen.

Also GM Theia may not be able to respond here.  He gets "vacations" for advertising.

• JayBirdzJayBirdz Member Posts: 1,017

Which one of you nerd raged and tryed to destroy the server after the first set of events took place.

An account got hacked my a@@.

This taken from the RIP AQ thread pretty much somes up sieges in MO.  And exploits and not knowing if it is an exploit or not.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/72405-r-i-p-aq-3.html#post1276030

"

best post in this thread. ++

No siege without game- and especially staff troubles. 

SV needs to fix stuff like that much more quicker or at least make a clear statement about "allowed and not allowed". And if they do so give penalties to ppl. sometimes i got the feeling sv doesnt want to ban known exploiters and cheaters goes evey payment counts. 

i'm totaly fine to die against an enemy, who is better then me, but it cant be right to die, cos the enemy knows tricks, which i dont know yet.

And the real sad thing is: same will happen in larger scales during sieges.

greetings"

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I find it pretty hard to believe that an admin account was "hacked" At best he gave the password to someone else to do this. Worst case he did it himself.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

I find it pretty hard to believe that an admin account was "hacked" At best he gave the password to someone else to do this. Worst case he did it himself.

I for one do not think it was a "hacker".  How would a person who just hacked the account know where to go instantly to destroy in game items, ban accounts.  I am sure it was an actual GM who was quitting the game.  Or was pissed off at the game.

• TacanTacan Member Posts: 93

---

Where post on official forum????

what about yellow characters???? u crushed  ppl 

what about  remove FEAR , RUS  and ODIN keep????

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

Originally posted by sandboxluv

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

I for one do not think it was a "hacker".  How would a person who just hacked the account know where to go instantly to destroy in game items, ban accounts.  I am sure it was an actual GM who was quitting the game.  Or was pissed off at the game.

true if the guy just took over the Gm account he wont know the secret command to fly around and ban ppl.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Originally posted by Tacan

Our part in this is over.  I just want to set the record straight:  SV GM's fucked up.  The initial bans were completely unjustified.

I don't approve of using yellows to chat spam, or destroying in game assets unjustly, and neither does AQ as a whole.

Either way you don't need to worry about it going forward:  71 AQ accounts unsubbed and growing.

Our part in this is over.  I just want to set the record straight:  SV GM's fucked up.  The initial bans were completely unjustified.

I don't approve of using yellows to chat spam, or destroying in game assets unjustly, and neither does AQ as a whole.

Either way you don't need to worry about it going forward:  71 AQ accounts unsubbed and growing.

71....100...200  good bye

You talked a long time what you are honest. but it was not so.

AQ exploiters, and   cheaters!!!

[mod edit]
  • ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

So basically AQ was unjustly banned for exploiting so you decided to exploit. Yeah...makes sense.

• Cyde77Cyde77 Member UncommonPosts: 101

Originally posted by Lustien

I bet those guys are banned and your just lying about a gm saying sorry to make your guild look better.

LOL. Tinfoil hats!

Im one of those who unsubbed, and if I was at home I could log in either account for you no problem.

Originally posted by ltank

So basically AQ was unjustly banned for exploiting so you decided to exploit. Yeah...makes sense.

I wish I didnt have to say this but yes you are pretty much right. But please remember it was only a few who decided this, many of us had no part in it.

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

This is an example of why I will not join guilds or participate in wars in MO and play as a lonewolf now. Too many 'things' can go wrong, whether its game bugs/exploitable mechanics, exploiters, or just plain losing everything because so many other guilds hate you(for little to no reason other than you are blue-RP, a-hem Wsx).

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by xDayx

This is an example of why I will not join guilds or participate in wars in MO and play as a lonewolf now. Too many 'things' can go wrong, whether its game bugs/exploitable mechanics, exploiters, or just plain losing everything because so many other guilds hate you(for little to no reason other than you are blue-RP, a-hem Wsx).

Not only MO but pretty much most MMOs. That's why I prefer to play solo/small guild. See, we can agree on some things. image

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

Originally posted by Cyde77

I wish I didnt have to say this but yes you are pretty much right. But please remember it was only a few who decided this, many of us had no part in it.

only few) no Cyde ...u all exploiters all guild AQ

how many was banned??? u all know about   exploit and use it.

Originally posted by kakasaki

Originally posted by xDayx

Not only MO but pretty much most MMOs. That's why I prefer to play solo/small guild. See, we can agree on some things. image

Yes we can. Kakasaki Ive always thought you were more level headed than the standard fare.

• Bobzer77Bobzer77 Member Posts: 9

I was one of the people who told the GM's that we thought AQ were bringing supplies in on dead characters. This was because we kept seeing ghost characters like SHIT constantly running in and out of the keep, people we never saw rezzed. We reported it to the GM's, who said they would scan ghost characters who were entering the keep, and after about 2 hours some AQ accounts got banned.

I personally have been banned unjustly before (banned for looting the brb house by Gradius even though I had the key in my inventory when he banned me) and was one of the people prepared to believe AQ when they said they were banned wrongly.

However after the bans began, AQ crashed large amounts of the attacking forces with Yellow characters AND launched co-ordinated attacks from the keep when we were crashed. This leads me to believe it wasn't just one or two rogue members crashing people. You guys knew you were crashing us. Not to mention the fact that apparantly people like Zoltan went all out and started speedhacking too (what I'm told, I have no evidence).

Either way I respected a lot of people in AQ but playing the whole "We're innocent " card and then exploiting and cheating the fuck out of the game doesn't do anything to validate your claim. What you were doing also leads me to believe it was an AQ member who used the GM account to wreak havoc ingame.

I'm sorry this happened, I wish it hadn't and there are still members such as Cyde who I respect but I can't trust you guys on face value after what you did and seeing as we have heard nothing from the GM's about it we are only hearing your side of the story and I don't want to draw any conclusions from that alone.

-Reynik

• KlysterKlyster Member Posts: 2

your so far from the truth its maddening the yellow character incident is sadly true but it was just up to a single individual doing it.

The fact you would even suspect aq of transporting shit on a ghost is pathetic they are veterans and had 2 players ressing players inside the keep while there was horses fully stocked with gear, food , arrows on the inside.

There was no exploiting going on at all and the rezzers were long time veterans who has been nothing but loyaly to the company for years. Discords behavior in handling this matter is what made 90% of AQ to unsub, its unacceptable and has happened to many times to be overlook any longer.

• Bobzer77Bobzer77 Member Posts: 9

It's pathetic that we would suspect AQ of cheating?

I sure as fuck would suspect a lot of AQ members of cheating, Woden has a house near Meduli full of duped mats and had an account banned for hacking for example.

I respect AQ, I respect their players, but to say it's idiotic for people to report suspicious behaviour is beyond moronic.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Great how the usual MOFO drama routine of back-and-forth accusing spills over to this forum... image

Originally posted by Bobzer77

I sure as fuck would suspect a lot of AQ members of cheating, Woden has a house near Meduli full of duped mats and had an account banned for hacking for example.

I respect AQ, I respect their players, but to say it's idiotic for people to report suspicious behaviour is beyond moronic.

In all of these situations, it is the GM's that are the issue.

There is nothing wrong with reporting suspicious behavior at all, however you are being less than forthcoming.  You had ghost scouts in the keep that could easily see our horses with bags.  What did you think was in them?  Nothing?  I know you couldn't see what was in them, but the GM's certainly could.  It should have been obvious were werent trying to secretly exploit some food in, or anything else for that matter.

The GM's still have no tools for detecting dupes.  Instead they have set arbitrary thresholds like "its ok if a guild has 1 million oghmium, but more than that its probably a dupe".  There are millions of duped materials still in game that the GM's have done nothing about.  If you duped less than 100k of a material you completely flew under the dupe radar.  The GM's simply have no concept of how much work it takes to make a particular material.

I'm not sure how you could know someone's house had duped mats.

In all of these situations, it is the GM's that are the issue.

There is nothing wrong with reporting suspicious behavior at all, however you are being less than forthcoming.  You had ghost scouts in the keep that could easily see our horses with bags.  What did you think was in them?  Nothing?  I know you couldn't see what was in them, but the GM's certainly could.  It should have been obvious were werent trying to secretly exploit some food in, or anything else for that matter.

The GM's still have no tools for detecting dupes.  Instead they have set arbitrary thresholds like "its ok if a guild has 1 million oghmium, but more than that its probably a dupe".  There are millions of duped materials still in game that the GM's have done nothing about.  If you duped less than 100k of a material you completely flew under the dupe radar.  The GM's simply have no concept of how much work it takes to make a particular material.

I'm not sure how you could know someone's house had duped mats.

Yes to all the above, but also SV's fault.

1)GM's are an issue

2) SV's fault for not having the tools

3) SV's fault for not fixing the exploitable mechanics

• GigamoGigamo Member Posts: 1

However after the bans began, AQ crashed large amounts of the attacking forces with Yellow characters AND launched co-ordinated attacks from the keep when we were crashed. This leads me to believe it wasn't just one or two rogue members crashing people. You guys knew you were crashing us. Not to mention the fact that apparantly people like Zoltan went all out and started speedhacking too (what I'm told, I have no evidence).

Either way I respected a lot of people in AQ but playing the whole "We're innocent " card and then exploiting and cheating the fuck out of the game doesn't do anything to validate your claim. What you were doing also leads me to believe it was an AQ member who used the GM account to wreak havoc ingame.

I'm sorry this happened, I wish it hadn't and there are still members such as Cyde who I respect but I can't trust you guys on face value after what you did and seeing as we have heard nothing from the GM's about it we are only hearing your side of the story and I don't want to draw any conclusions from that alone.

-Reynik

You're absolutely right that the GM's unprofessional behavior made us act irrational, however you're blowing things way out of proportion. A chat bug that we knew about for quite some time (and hadn't used until then - take note, haters) was then used on the enemy forces, which crashed and killed a big chunk of them. Nobody "cheated", or whatever else fancy words/accusations everybody seems to be throwing. Blame the game for allowing such simple methods to be so damaging.

I personally don't consider what we did at the siege to be a major offense, having been the victim of plenty group crash deaths ourselves (whether they were intentional or not), but truthfully an offense none the less.

Looking back after things cooled down we shouldn't have resorted to such methods, that is true, however both the timing AND manner in which our players got banned pretty much set the tone for what followed right afterwards.

In reality, what happened at the catapults is very much irrelevant.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Originally posted by Gigamo

-Reynik

You're absolutely right that the GM's unprofessional behavior made us act irrational, however you're blowing things way out of proportion. A chat bug that we knew about for quite some time (and hadn't used until then - take note, haters) was then used on the enemy forces, which crashed and killed a big chunk of them. Nobody "cheated", or whatever else fancy words/accusations everybody seems to be throwing. Blame the game for allowing such simple methods to be so damaging.

I personally don't consider what we did at the siege to be a major offense, having been the victim of plenty group crash deaths ourselves (whether they were intentional or not), but truthfully an offense none the less.

Looking back after things cooled down we shouldn't have resorted to such methods, that is true, however both the timing AND manner in which our players got banned pretty much set the tone for what followed right afterwards.

In reality, what happened at the catapults is very much irrelevant.

Claiming that crushing some people using a known bug is not an exploit its just outrageous. Most of the exploits people are using ingame are based on known bugs. Its a major offense and the person/persons who did it they should be permanent banned not only from the game but from AQ aswell. If you are against exploits as you guys mentioned several times that is.

This discussion has been closed.