Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Press beta videos - 20th feb

Comments

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

I dont understand why some gamingsites get beta access, there are examples of sites that dont write about the beta or do a very lousy job image

• ScopedogScopedog Member Posts: 64

The Yogscast Crew @YOGSCAST

who wants to see some Guild Wars 2 footage in 30 minutes?

Oh god yes.

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Eyes open gentlemen! Post your findings here!

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

MikeB's BFF Report is up.

WATCH NOW

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

Shit, I feel I will be unable to work today ...

Some Voice Over quest + Engineer rampage :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq6vm9dl5e0

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• BeegsBeegs Member Posts: 107

Originally posted by Master10K

WATCH NOW

Tempted to watch it on mute but that would defeat the purpose of the thing. Made it to 6min mark and couldnt take another Dude/Like/Whatever/Totally/Damn. He also sounds like his voice is perma autotuned.

r.i.p. c!

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by k-damage

Fuuukang lip sync is nice

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Don't forget the 7-8 videos we just put up on our YT channel and here at the site. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by Beegs

WATCH NOW

Tempted to watch it on mute but that would defeat the purpose of the thing. Made it to 6min mark and couldnt take another Dude/Like/Whatever/Totally/Damn. He also sounds like his voice is perma autotuned.

You'll miss the part when he says, yeah, lets see how big the WvWvW is....then he says...MOTHER OF GOD!

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

here is nice overview of the websites with previews

http://teamlegacy.net/topic/4491-press-beta-weekend-info-here/#entry65253

Curse has uploaded like 100 videos :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/CurseNetwork/feed

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Originally posted by k-damage

That Charr lip sync is amazing. I honestly didn't think they'd manage to pull it off. Kudos.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

Originally posted by SBFord

Don't forget the 7-8 videos we just put up on our YT channel and here at the site. :)

A "good & bad from GW2" stance right from the start, that's very nice :)

DAMN THAT EFFIN CHERRY BLOSSOM TREE I NEED TO MODEL TODAY WILL NEVER MAKE IT

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Thanks for the link, thats quite a huge map for WvW!

RIP Orc Choppa

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

I hate you all, I have to go to work now after being off all last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

I love life........woah GW2........it has come so far........

*tears :')

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

Like this Mesmer vid..

http://Mesmer Gameplay

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Information overload!!! :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• InFaVillaInFaVilla Member Posts: 592

I got a feeling I may become a rabid fanboy once I finish watching all that.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I am so buisy at work right now ! Nooooooo!OOOOOO!!!!!

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

WATCH NOW

i thought mike did a good video.  im concerned though because he says the holy trinity exsists and the dynamic events just repeat ala Rift.

I've got the straight edge.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Originally posted by brody71

WATCH NOW

i thought mike did a good video.  im concerned though because he says the holy trinity exsists and the dynamic events just repeat ala Rift.

The holy trinity doesn't exist - not really.  Every class is self sufficient.  HOWEVER, if you wanted to focus on healing because you love playing party healer, you could do that.  So in that sense, people could set themselves up to fit a trinity role.

As for the dynamic events - yes they will repeat.  But you have to keep in mind an area has MANY MANY different dynamic quests that will play out, so it's not likely you'll always be seeing the same thing.  Also, if you can recognize a quest event you've already done from far away, move along unless you had fun and wanna do it again :)

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by brody71

WATCH NOW

Dynamic events are all scripted so they basically have to repeat out of necessity.  Also, you can definitely compare them to Rift and Warhammer's version of public questing, but I think that GW2's dynamic events will "feel" significantly different from those two games.  They seem to be much more diverse in scope from the public questing in Rift and WAR.

As for the holy trinity, heal/tank/dps roles definitely do NOT exist in GW2 in the traditional sense.  He was just saying that certain classes are better at different things.  Like a warrior is better at getting hit in the face repeatedly.  But this does not necessarily make him better at mitigating damage.  The warrior's damage mitigation method might be "armor" while the mesmer's damage mitigation method might be "crowd control."  Both can mitigate damage...just have different ways of doing it.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

lol, someone owes me $20.