Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Love TERA

Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

after playing this last weekend the euro first close beta.  i most say i love this game, i had my doubts at first.   i had a blast, really loved the game.  the combat felt very fluid and fun.   the graphics are just beautiful.  i spent almost 1 hour at the character creation,  so many great choices.  it was very hard to decide wich race to play.

i tried a sorcerer , got all the way till level 10.    i can't wait for the next test.

only negative thing so far.  the community is horrible.  general chat was packed with inmature trolls, left and right.  i predict my ignore list is going to be full.

Comments

• RabbiFangRabbiFang Member Posts: 149

A lot of the people in general chat were there only to bash the game. 

I didn't expect to like it as much as I did, actually. This was the first MMO I have played in a long time in which I enjoyed killing mobs. I ended up going up three levels just killing mobs that weren't part of my quests. 

As for PvP, I didn't get to try it due to only hitting level 10. I think that as long as we're given a reason to fight one another in the open world at end game (political system?), it'll be a keeper for me. 

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

i played in the pve server.  never been too fond of pvp, but i may change my mind, since i met some very nice people who invited me into his guild, in a pvp server.

lol i also found myself killing mobs regardless of quests or not.  the combat is so much fun,  i really enjoyed it.

it was a bit hard to read the quest, tiny little text though.   overall i have to say, i was pleasantly surprised.  i had way more fun playing for a few hours in tera , than all the time i've been playing swtor.

• GoldiusGoldius Member UncommonPosts: 42

When you enter the game go to the chat channel tab and untick  LFG/AREA/TRADE and any other channel jammed with idiots...made for a more enjoyable experience for me

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I Love TERA too...for now, lets see how the other betas go.

Healing is great, melee is great, have yet to try tanking, hopefully we get close enough to endgame by CB5, not that I can go back to any other mmo currently out after this, but I want to have more than the combat as a reason to pay up.

Sorc is OK, I would really try Warrior or Zerker as soon as you can, and if you have healed at all in other mmos, make a Priest and compare the experience in the first instance.

The community really, really improved after the first day, as more people divided into guilds.

I am glad you could see the potential in the combat within 10 lvls, some need lvl 20 before it gets good for them, and others won't even give it a chance at all.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    The server I was on, Arborea didn't have a trollish Area, LFG or Trade chat. Lots of helpful folk, sometimes bashing of other titles did occur but it quickly subsided.
    I had a pleasant time whenever I was on.
  • Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    Originally posted by Nadya3

it was a bit hard to read the quest, tiny little text though.   overall i have to say, i was pleasantly surprised.  i had way more fun playing for a few hours in tera , than all the time i've been playing swtor.

You may be able to change the size of the quest window separate from the rest of the UI. There is a feature in the options menu that not only allows you to scale the UI as one but also individual pieces. Since I prefer to both tweak my UI and keep it minimalist I like TERA's UI system a lot.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

I must say I love the game so far, I tried to stop myself leveling to 22 to not ruin the retail experience but just couldnt help it, its really a lot of fun to level in this game. I have stopped myself reading the quests or anything story related so it feels a bit fresher when it goes gold.

I leveled a lancer to 12 on the sneak peek and I thought I was settled on that, no until I tried the berserker that class is a lot of fun, I literally took ages between quests cause I just went out of my way  *ohhh a big pack of mobs* *AOE TIME!* .

The combat is just amazing, the animations are top notch, I love the fact you get a new combo and you really need to experiment to see where that goes into your rotation, every time I got a new skill it always took me a while to find the sweet spot in my playstyle where that would fit.

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

I'm glad the OP has found a game he likes.  *tips his glass* May TERA continue to bring you gaming bliss :D

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

Originally posted by Arawulf

I'm glad the OP has found a game he likes.  *tips his glass* May TERA continue to bring you gaming bliss :D

i'am a she!p   

but yes i can see myself playing Tera for a very long time.

i yet need to learn how to use , how to trigger the Combos in combat.  so i'm eagerly waiting for the next beta.  too bad we have to wait 2 weeks for it. lol

i was also surprised to see, how smooth the game was,  been only in close beta 1 stage.  and having such beautiful graphics.

i play with a GTX 480 card, intell 4 core 3.33 ghz  and 12 gb of ram.  diden't have much lag, and all graphic settings on max

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

Originally posted by NBlitz

The server I was on, Arborea didn't have a trollish Area, LFG or Trade chat. Lots of helpful folk, sometimes bashing of other titles did occur but it quickly subsided.

I had a pleasant time whenever I was on.

Same here and i first wanted to go on the pvp server but he had  queues all the time so i rolled on a pve server.