Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA will only be another (3month) time waster for many people...

Comments

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by BadSpock

Originally posted by AdamTM

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

You just reiterated my original post.

ie: A small minority will continue to play past 3months, a medium portion will leave after a new game comes out, and a small portion will never touch the product.

Why are you seemingly argueing FOR my point when you obviously are trying so hard to run against it?

My problem, and the overall reason why I started this thread, was to stem the tide of people claiming it's going to be the next Jesus Cometh product that SWTOR, Rift, and Aion were supposed to be. Not to mention what people "want" GW2 to be.

A dose of healthy critisism never destroyed a product, but made future products better.

No, what you are doing is trying to convince other people and yourself that they are wrong and you are right and that you are more wise and have a better understanding of this genre and if they just... listened to you and people like you they'd be so much happier.

I mean, obviously the simpletons don't know what they are missing right?

I used to be like that... you can see I've been on this site for a very long time and have been playing MMOs for a lot longer than most people.

I'd rather have 10 fan boi posts with people super excited for a new game (that will most likely disappoint them) then 1 Fadedbomb or other "veteran" trying to convice people they shouldn't be enjoying what they enjoy.

I see what you did there.

Me playing MMOs longer than most people is fact - not trying to imply that because of that I have a better understanding of the genre.

And even if I did, it doesn't matter because people will like what they want to like and I, unlike some people, am totally ok with that.

But I do rather dislike these kinds of posts where they can be summed up as "listen to me guys, just follow me I'll show you why you are so dumb."

No, no, thats exactly what it implied, if not, why mention it in the first place?

You want your "veteran" status to carry weight for your argument that "people will like what they like" because that is what you took away from "playing MMOs longer than most people".

You are arguing the same exact position in the exact same way as the person you are trying to argue with, its a conundrum for any reader really.

• mugengaiamugengaia Member Posts: 347

Originally posted by NBlitz

I haven't read any outrageous claims from people who have played it at higher levels (and definitely for more than 3 months, mind you). Making the game sound like something it's not.

TERA is a niche game.

I don't see why there are so many people circling the title like a bunch of vultures, praying for it to flop. Most of those folks haven't even paid for a damn thing and played it past its first month (unlike TOR). Major schadenfreude?

OP just seems like a good ol hater, finding a loophole to make an excuse out of bashing an asian game with the label of same ol lame ol piece of garbage argument.  Of course the loophole is bashing it as being another WoW cookie cutter.

As for me, I also haven't played Tera, but haven't heard all that horrible criticism about the game since some time.  I have read that people were leaving K-Tera in big chunks, before BlueHole updated the next expansion after going into service.  Since then K-Tera has been silent, but not dead, and definitely a niche game.

By watching the vids, the closest comparison I can make of this game, is that it seems very similar to Monster Hunter Frontier, albeit more MMO feel exists in Tera compared to MHF.  MHF was lobby based, and Tera actually has a persistent world. 

The reason I bring up Monster Hunter Frontier as a prime example is also due to the fact that MHF was a very niche oritented game.  At one point, MHF was the most popular online game in Japan. 

When the Korean version was released I paid for subscription and played it for 6months.  The game was definitely not for everyone, and Monster Hunter Frontier was not noobie-friendly kind of game.  The higher level Dragons and monsters you went after had harder difficulty, mainly in damage output.  One certain hit would kill players instantly, or usually, even with the best crafted gear in game, 2-3 hits from the hardest monsters meant, death.  This less user-friendly game mechanic really killed the game's appeal in general. 

I would assume the same kind of appeal will affect Tera, although it seems the learning and difficulty curve, and the punishment and reward on Tera are much more lenient than Monster Hunter Frontier. 

What I want to point out of all this is that almost noone ever criticized Monster Hunter Frontier as being a bad game.  Besides the instance roaming with 3 other players for gathering crafting materials from dragons and monsters.  There was pretty much nothing else to the game.  It was a niche game that appealed to only few and eventually the servers shut down not even 2 years into service.

Tera might not be a bad game, but it may be the so called, "not my cup of tea." type of game.  Either way, Tera will retain users that it appeals and this is no different for any other MMO. 

A good comparison would be SWTOR at the moment.  People know how flawed that game is.  Alot of people who were testing since cbt and still playing up till this point are staying with it in hopes it will be better with the next update.  But does that mean it's a good game?  No, SWTOR is not a good game, but it retains users who are fans of the Star Wars IP.  

In the end, everyone to each his/her own.   Tera will be no exception.  WoW just happened to be exposed with great advertising and released at a time when the MMO genre was becoming widespread. 

And to the OP who's defending himself from the guy who points out how biased the you sound.  Really dude?  PlanetSide 2?  You're clearly showing favoritism for a game that's not even out, all because the developers might not succumb to the SoE?  Yeah right man, seeing SoE's past history, you sure are quick to dismiss the likelyhood of PlanetSide 2 becoming a complete trash with SoE backing it.  Tell me how your analogy isn't biased and a constructive criticism.  Because it isn't.

GRIND sucks? You wanna be max level in a month?
    Since when did society award easy-goers and lazy-fools?
    MAKES ME PHOBIC OF STUPIDITY!

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by AdamTM

Me playing MMOs longer than most people is fact - not trying to imply that because of that I have a better understanding of the genre.

And even if I did, it doesn't matter because people will like what they want to like and I, unlike some people, am totally ok with that.

No, no, thats exactly what it implied, if not, why mention it in the first place?

You want your "veteran" status to carry weight for your argument that "people will like what they like" because that is what you took away from "playing MMOs longer than most people".

You are arguing the same exact position in the exact same way as the person you are trying to argue with, its a conundrum for any reader really.

I'm sorry you see it that way but it simply isn't true.

Maybe you should re-read the OP and take special note of the aggresive language, use of capitalization, and other clear signs of demeanor and intent.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

So much drama for something that is suposed to be fun.

A lot of angry people in the mmo world. And for some reason, you only see them on forums and is obviously just a minority :-)

Originally posted by jazz.be

A lot of angry people in the mmo world. And for some reason, you only see them on forums and is obviously just a minority :-)

I'm just angry I haven't been invited to the US CBT yet  :)

I like to try out every new and old MMO game I can (and have time for)

I love this genre.

Really don't think Tera is going to be a game I buy or subscribe to, but I'd like to try it and always leave myself room to be pleasantly suprised.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

People are having the same "HoneyMoon" event all over again with TERA since they're only being given small "tastes" of the game with the CB events.

From an exhausted experience with MMO's I can tell you straight faced that TERA brings nothing new to the table EXCEPT for their combat system, and even THAT gets boring & repetitive after level 20.

Do NOT buy into the hype. TERA is EXACTLY like the WoW-Clone...

That is where I stopped reading. 1st point is a 'thanks captain obvious, you just explained virtually every single game on the market' type moment. Second one is well, combat is a new experience silly, a big one. Lets not pretend that most games launch bring anything new, most use rehatched ideas. Hell, you can claim Tera is reusing console game ideas or like vindictus style combat.

Now... as soon as you say WoW-clone I suddenly lost any bit of trust in you and have discarded your words in the 'clueless mmo player' collumn. Sorry there buddy, I don't tend to listen to people who use the phrase 'wow-clone' to any game that is released. WoW was NOT the first to do all the content it had first off. Second off, if you feel its a wow clone, your basically like a taste tester that has no sense of taste. You blindly label something without having remotely any clue what it is. Why don't you go out and experience MMos and really go beyond the 'trolling' or the 'blind fanboy' look on things and actually go about realizing just how they are. Once you are able to make a list of things you liked about a game that you otherwise hate, come back to me. 

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I love this genre.

Really don't think Tera is going to be a game I buy or subscribe to, but I'd like to try it and always leave myself room to be pleasantly suprised.

That's positive anger. ;)

Well I hope you get in some day so you can try on your own.

If I just may give you a piece of advice. Don't play the Elin race as your first character. Really just don't. Play the Elin later, but don't take your first steps in the game as an Elin. :)

• BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 260

Originally posted by coxyroxy

is it the games or is it the trend these days. people just seem to skip from the next flavour of the month. 

Glad I have found interest in a older more astablished game. Eve.

I think this is the trick to being a satisfied MMO player.

After bouncing around rather unhappily my love for fantasy won through and i settlled on WOW.

WOW is similar to eve in its massive amount of content and playerbase and this keep it fresh and fun for me.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

I love this genre.

Why not just plop 5 bucks down at Gamestop on pre-order and get an invite to all the CBT BadSpock?

No signature, I don't have a pen

• FaynthFaynth Member Posts: 237

Originally posted by Vunak23

Originally posted by Vunak23

People are having the same "HoneyMoon" event all over again with TERA since they're only being given small "tastes" of the game with the CB events.

Most people that are coveting Tera as a good game have been playing it in Korea.

From an exhausted experience with MMO's I can tell you straight faced that TERA brings nothing new to the table EXCEPT for their combat system, and even THAT gets boring & repetitive after level 20.

Except the Server v Server, political system,  GvG and deathmatch systems, BAMs. Bosses that are actually challenging.

Do NOT buy into the hype. TERA is EXACTLY like the WoW-Clone model we keep seeing reused over and over. Go to town A, get all the available quests from there, go kill X number of mobs or get X number of items. Once all quests are done in town A move to town B that is POINTED to by one of the last quests to be given in town A.

Questing is one style of gameplay you can do. You are not forced to quest in Tera, you can jump in a group and go grind BAM's. For people like me this appeals more then doing meaningless quests.

Rinse, Repeat, get max level in 2-4weeks, get bored. After 3months of eating ALL the content over & over you'll leave again for the next "Overly Hyped" product.

Can't tell you the longevity of the product, but with its political system, gvg, deathmatches, and interesting boss mechanics. I think if people look passed the style and can accept the combat system, it would last longer then other products on the market now.

Trust this from someone who has been there, seen it, done that, and continues to watch as the same crowed makes the SAME mistake over & over only to make forum posts such as: "I'm leaving, heres why...". Unfortunately, we already KNOW why you're leaving before opening your post in our browser. It just took you some time to see what most already saw, and avoided thereby saving them $105 ($60 box + 3 months sub).

Most people that end up leaving Tera, are the people that can't cut a difficult experience. There are those that just don't like the style of the game but that is everywhere.

Just like SWTOR, Rift, Aion, Alganon, Runes of Magic, Warhammer Online, etc. TERA brings NOTHING new, and continues to same old clone model.

You said this twice.

>For a reason

HOWEVER, if you're looking for just another "time waster" for a certain game you've had your eyes on (for me, it's Planetside II at the moment) & $105 isn't much for you to waste go right ahead & love TERA until it turns blue in the face :D!

I agree Tera will be a good game hopper for people really waiting out for something else. Its obviously not going to be the game for everyone.

Just please, STOP with the "TERA is AMAZING, and will win a duel with GW2 every time!" threads. I don't like GW2 any differently than I like TERA, and in fact I've got PLENTY of criticism for GW2 as well. However, this type of self-denial hype will only trick other people into biased hype.

No game is without its criticism. Planetside 2 is gonna be F2P and is under a terrible publisher.

>I agree SOE is a horrible publisher, however I've seen the developers they put on Planetside2 are literally trying to break SOE's bad rep, and do Planetside 2 justice. Talk about Biased :P?

Finally, remember that with ANY product (especially those you WANT to love) a healthy amount of criticism is a GOOD thing.

Unfortunately people do not know how to give criticism in healthy doses, even yourself. Your just trying to bait people with this post. Considering you have no further knowledge of the game past maybe lvl 10.

Thank you for reading,

-Faded

This is a very biased opinion you have. Research before spouting nonsense about a game you know nothing about.

You're not much better at NOT giving biased nonsense without doing research. I've researched a LOT about TERA, and nothing it has shown either in KOREA or the US CB's has shown any difference.

You havn't done any research that much is evident. No need to try and convince yourself you have, anyone that has been following Tera even a minute bit could see this is plain as day.

Also, you ARE forced to do questing for progression. Having the "freedom" of going off to kill random mobs for a TINY percentage of the XP you can get for doing quests is NOT "alternative methods of leveling". If you give people whom quest 20x more exp than people whom run around exploring & killing that IS forcing people to do quests. They literally punish you into questing for XP.

This is where it becomes evident. You do not kill normal mobs. You get in a group and kill BAM's. Or you can go try to solo those BAM's. Normal mobs =/= BAM's.

I tried both paths in CB1 for USA, when I dinged 7 just randomly killing monsters at a hardcore pace my friend dinged 15, and she was being lazy about her questing taking breaks to go make dinner, do laundry, etc.

So your basing your experience off the starting island... awesome.

Biased opinion is biased.

hi.

Just wantet to quote some long colorfull stuff as well.

cheers

Originally posted by Lazarus71

Why not just plop 5 bucks down at Gamestop on pre-order and get an invite to all the CBT BadSpock?

Laziness.

JK no my curiosity isn't worth 5 bucks, IMO - I'll wait till open beta or they let me into CBT.

... or I get really bored.

• FaynthFaynth Member Posts: 237

Originally posted by Lazarus71

Laziness.

JK no my curiosity isn't worth 5 bucks, IMO - I'll wait till open beta or they let me into CBT.

... or I get really bored.

But stil you hold one of the most reasonable opinions for me. Fadebomb is a quite burned out mmo gamer possibly just doesnt realize that mmos are dead for his taste. 

I am just a casual tourist, i had my mmo start with meridian59 and a real long time in asherons call (morningtaw, darktide) >6 years, and then hoped around since my life got more engaging after studying.

Now i just look at the broad palette of games and go here and there for a few hours of fun. I prefer f2p and i dont feel at a disadvantage by NOT buying into the game. i just let it flow by and if i manage to achive something i have even better fun.

Guess when you stop 'living' in games your perception of it changes.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Anyone ever stop and think that people stayed with the "old" games for longer because

A) there was far less variety, hell at one point you really had two options - EQ or UO.

B) the genre was so much smaller pre-WoW that you had a release every year to couple of years, where as now it seems like a new MMO comes out every 3-4 months.

Long story short, there is a lot more competition.

I also think that the subscription model is going to be a thing of the past - there is simply too much competition, too many new games too often for a lot of people to commit to more than a few months in a single game.

The population that MMOs target has become fickle - we are too critical, too easily excited, too impatient...

I don't think this cycle of new game hype then dissapointment then back to our old stand-bys is ever going to end.

The era of the multi-year MMO subscription retention is over - as long as you can retain enough to keep the lights on I don't think we'll ever see another WoW.

Devs are and should (due to the way WE are) plan on multi-million first month or two then sub 100k retention long term.

Make your money back, keep supplying a service for your dedicated players, write off the rest of us - the fickle majority.

While I do agree with you to a point. There is a point to which the market is more to blame than the players themselves. Once developers started copying WoW in order to gain some of their success it started the endless cycle of oversaturation & player disappointment that has CAUSED players to become so fickle as we see today.

I also agree that developers should start planning on large launch numbers, and small retention over time IF they only plan on getting a good inititial investment from their money.

Developers should STOP thinking so "short term" with regards to their product, and need to think LONG TERM goals in order to keep their product with the highest retention numbers it can withstand. This doesn't come with "Themepark" models, and only comes from "Sandbox" models as a Sandbox's endgame is a continuation of the game as a whole.

Exploration, achievement, progression, evolution, and dynamic interaction are "EndGame" for Sandboxes. EvE is a fine example of this development plan. Albeit EvE is still a HIGHLY "niche" product they've retained a very good subscriber base. Right now EvE is sitting at roughly 50,000 concurrent players online RIGHT NOW on ONE single "shard". Where as xFire has SWTOR around 7,982 right now. I'll admit xFire isn't the best "popularity" resource, but even multiplying that number by 3 doesn't put them near EvE right now. It simply means EvE has a more "active" subscriber base than SWTOR if anything.

However, I don't agree with the "Variety" difference from "back then" as opposed to now. People didn't think as MMOs being their own "genre" for video gaming back then. So MMOs had to compete with Non-MMO titles like Diablo2 etc. Nowadays MMOs almost have their own entirely unique fanbase that ONLY player MMOs as their "primary" source of entertainment for online gaming. Now I won't profess to know how influential games like Mass Effect 3 would have against WoW subscriber numbers, but at the end of the day no one cares about ME3 if they're an MMO player UNLIKE how it was when the MMO market was respectively smaller.

I had to bring this up, because I was a bit stunned that you compared the 50k concurrent eve players (the number that comes directly from the servers) to 7,982 for SWTOR on Xfire, and use that to say that the EVE playerbase is more active.  You can't compare those numbers in any meaningful way.  You should have compared the 7982 for SWTOR to the XFire number for EVE which is 1192 or about 1/40th of the actual concurent users.  According to the actual apples to apples comparison SWTOR has a much more "active" subscriber base.  Actually it would have been much better without bringing up xfire at all, but I digress.

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    OP forgets a very simple thing: there are a lot of MMO gamers who aren't burnt out on the themepark design model, unable to grab any gaming satisfaction from it.

It's the classic mistake: OP only seems to reason from the viewpoint of his own taste and gaming preferences, and that if he dislikes something, EVERYONE does or should.

And why wouldn't it be possible to enjoy a themepark styled MMO for the slightly different flavor of gameplay it provides? I like icecream, that means I can enjoy various flavors from it but not necessarily that I like all flavors. Same with beer, some brands I like others I like less. If I've played Unreal and MW2 to death, does that mean I shouldn't be able to enjoy other shooters in multiplay, for the simple reason that they don't offer wildly different gameplay?

I agree that people should have their eyes open wide, but imo they should also be objective about it. TERA has various different things it offers: its graphics are different from a lot of other MMO's, its action combat and its political system. However, it also has a number of things that are similar to other themepark design MMO's, like classes, bland traditional questing, endgame content and I presume content as well. If those last ones someone has grown sick enough of that it ruins their gameplay fun, then they should consider if the other features can help overcome this boredom with the more traditional features, or else maybe skip this title. If however someone is still able to enjoy MMO's that use those mechanics, then I don't see why they shouldn't consider giving TERA a try if they're having fun with the action combat and pvp and such.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I can totally see that anyone playing Aion would just LOVE TERA.

That said, it just isn't for me. Anime games have something about them that attract mature men speaking in broken english and telling eachother how sexy their girly character looks :). Just something I've noticed over the years.

• XakotXakot Member Posts: 17

Do NOT buy into the hype. TERA is EXACTLY like the WoW-Clone model we keep seeing reused over and over. Go to town A, get all the available quests from there, go kill X number of mobs or get X number of items. Once all quests are done in town A move to town B that is POINTED to by one of the last quests to be given in town A.

Rinse, Repeat, get max level in 2-4weeks, get bored. After 3months of eating ALL the content over & over you'll leave again for the next "Overly Hyped" product.

Trust this from someone who has been there, seen it, done that, and continues to watch as the same crowed makes the SAME mistake over & over only to make forum posts such as: "I'm leaving, heres why...". Unfortunately, we already KNOW why you're leaving before opening your post in our browser. It just took you some time to see what most already saw, and avoided thereby saving them $105 ($60 box + 3 months sub).

Just like SWTOR, Rift, Aion, Alganon, Runes of Magic, Warhammer Online, etc. TERA brings NOTHING new, and continues to same old clone model.

HOWEVER, if you're looking for just another "time waster" for a certain game you've had your eyes on (for me, it's Planetside II at the moment) & $105 isn't much for you to waste go right ahead & love TERA until it turns blue in the face :D!

Your fundamental misunderstanding is that EVERYTHING is a clone in some aspects. WoW took its quest kill, quest move on, repeat from Runescape, which was influenced from Everquest which was influenced etc down to MUDDs. I mean just because Wow is the most succesful doesnt make it the stand alone basis for everything. When you get down to it every single mmo is a reskin of dungeons and dragons. So to me you are tired of games in general. I have PLayed WoW for three years, beta tested plenty of FTPs, still play Grand Fantasia, dabbled in almost every other hyped game that has come out, rift for a while and the game i have played the longest is S4 league which isnt even hyped but i still come back to these games because they entertain me. People wil continue to "make the same mistake" until thay find a game they truely like, for example people were playing FF11 online and SWTOR for years because they loved it.

Bluehole is using a tried and true baises with a new approach to its game play which is more than some games are trying and some people will love it and continue to play it while others will get a few months of enjoyment before going back to the ones they like. While finally elitist such as yourself will hate it and continue to sit in your room writting hate threads on how everything is a clone and a waste of time and telling other what to think until a company makes a game thats good enough satisfy your elitist tastes.

Now please if you still insist on being an "exhaustedly experianced" gamer then either try Terra and then give a thoughtful examintaion of your opinion of the game or skip it and shut up and let us make up our own minds as we "waste our time". 

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

It never ceases to amaze me what drives people like the original poster to post there soothsaying. I find it hard to believe he really cares if your money is wasted. I picture a wacko with the sign around his neck saying the world is ending.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by Mannish

Have any of you ever stopped to think that some people have never played WoW or any of those WoW Clones that you mentioned so the quest based gameplay of TERA is something new to them? Also have you ever stopped to think that some people acutally like the WoW type of gameplay that you dont like? If you dont like something why be upset at it when you simply  dont have to play it or read about it? These threads are just so pointless and I dont see why the moderators let people make them every day.

For the same reason that those same idiots go to the GW2 forums and say GW2 is bad for stupid idiotic reasons.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

From this I assume you've played it past level 20.  Can you tell me what exactly changes after 20 or 22+?

I've "been there" as well and I think the back handed insults to those who are looking forward to TERA are cute.  If one preorders free through Amazon, where they don't charge until the game ships, you have 16 days worth of playtime not counting the "head start" event.  That or use the 4 days of open beta.  Either way everyone has the chance to make their own choice.  Watching videos of TERA is nothing like actually playing it.

Again, if you know something that becomes horrible right on the other side of 22 please let us know.  Barring that this thread is speculation only without any real basis.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Originally posted by Mannish

Have any of you ever stopped to think that some people have never played WoW or any of those WoW Clones that you mentioned so the quest based gameplay of TERA is something new to them? Also have you ever stopped to think that some people acutally like the WoW type of gameplay that you dont like? If you dont like something why be upset at it when you simply  dont have to play it or read about it? These threads are just so pointless and I dont see why the moderators let people make them every day.

For the same reason that those same idiots go to the GW2 forums and say GW2 is bad for stupid idiotic reasons.

Have they seemed to post less lately? Just wondering....

Just not worth my time anymore.

• GoldiusGoldius Member UncommonPosts: 42

I agree with the OP on many points. I can also see he is a crusty vet of MMO's like many of us who are feeling disappointed at the "cloning" syndrome he mentioned.

I too have "flip flopped" to games after a few  months as well the reason in my mind is this whole genre of gaming is tired.

There hasn't been anything really revoltionary in gaming for many many years and gaming in general needs a breath of fresh air very badly to keep us gamers ( consumers ) interested.

I feel the developers need to bite the bullet and do some research and development into new projects instead of re-doing the same formula over and over again.

They are the ones that stand to lose in the long run ( even though they may think now that re-hashing is the answer for now ) as gamers give up completely and go play sports or more real life pursuits in lieu of some relaxing time at home playing games.

Like the OP i have seen this evolution taking place ( i started back in 1999 with EQ )  and here we are in 2012 not with 2 or 3  MMO gaming choices but literally 100's in the this genre itself.

However i think the answer ( while we wait for something revolutionary ) is to lessen your expectations ....if a new game comes out you like then enjoy the graphics...the music......the grouping with friends.

Lessen your focus on expecting the bar to be raised in MMO gameplay because it won't happen....it's gone just about as high as it can already.

The developers are trying new things like Tera has with aimed targetting etc but these are diminishing returns in terms of innovation . All designers can do is improve on the existing template with a few twists and turns here and there....it's that simple im afraid.

For me the "innovation" that Tera is giving me is the same reason i enjoyed EQ so much years ago and that is ..."Immersion ".

With Tera I feel like i am absorbed into a fantasy world where i can have "fun"....not like Playing WOW where every nights raiding felt like a part time job with shitty wages....but "Fun".For others it will be their game of choice.

I think a lot of us ( me included ) need to reboot our thinking and find the game that delivers the "fun" or " immersion" factor or whatever it is that chills you out and gives you your quality time when relaxing.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

Just please, STOP with the "TERA is AMAZING, and will win a duel with GW2 every time!" threads. I don't like GW2 any differently than I like TERA, and in fact I've got PLENTY of criticism for GW2 as well. However, this type of self-denial hype will only trick other people into biased hype.

Finally, remember that with ANY product (especially those you WANT to love) a healthy amount of criticism is a GOOD thing.

Thank you for reading,

-Faded

PVE content may bore you but for me I will be pvping like crazy. The game doesn't start until you max out and pvp max level with a premade. My friends and I love pvp and as long as there is people to kill we will be fine. This is your opinion as well and from your post it seems like you only PVE.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

Originally posted by BizkitNL

I can totally see that anyone playing Aion would just LOVE TERA.

That said, it just isn't for me. Anime games have something about them that attract mature men speaking in broken english and telling eachother how sexy their girly character looks :). Just something I've noticed over the years.

I played Aion from beta up until a few months ago. Even a year ago in Aion everyone in my guild couldn't wait for TERA. I think it is going to really hurt Aion. That is why NCsoft has the lawsuit against TERA as well because they know they are screwed. I wouldn't be surprised if Aion ends up going the way of Tabula Rasa...

With TERA's combat system being skill based all the PVP'rs will be over there for sure. TERA definetly takes more skill to play in the PVP department than Aion does that is for sure.  

• albaficassalbaficass Member Posts: 101

didnt read the rest of ur crap

its EXACTLY after 20 that the combat really shine.

but hey u just one of those guyz who start raging in the noob zone  i guess so np

Ktera player warrior lvl 57

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I'm sure a lot of people will move on,  just like it is in a lot of other games.  But even so it will still have a solid player base.

~Lv58 berserker-Ktera~

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...