Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AQ mass unsub from Mortal: gm's unprofessional

psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

The majority of AQ unsubbbed from Mortal online today, and here is the truth behind the story.  There was a siege today, and the enemy of AQ won the siege against AQ keep.  No one in AQ argues about the outcome of the siege...  the enemy had AQ greatly outnumbered and won the siege fairly.

During the siege 3 members of AQ got banned mid fight.  Here is the proof that the gm's gave justifying the bans:

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/6923/80116218.jpg

It's not obvious from the picture what the proof is, but according to the gm's it is the 'false' flagged item.  The GM's are implying that the false flag means the item is on the ghost and that the ghost is exploiting.  Here is a little chat with discord that better explains it:

00[11:55] <[AQ]Gankez> we're unsubbing

00[11:55] <[AQ]Gankez> my guys werent cheating ... take care

[11:55] <[GM]Discord> if AQ unsubs cause they want to supporting exploiting I can't do anything about that

00[11:55] <[AQ]Gankez> we werent exploiting

[11:55] <[GM]Discord> you saw the proof yourself

00[11:55] <[AQ]Gankez> i saw something that said false

[11:55] <[GM]Discord> that means its not in the bank

00[11:55] <[AQ]Gankez> the bank?

[11:55] <[GM]Discord> it has nowhere else to be but on the char

[11:56] <[GM]Discord> yes thats a master list of all the items

[11:56] <[GM]Discord> true is bank false is char

00[11:56] <[AQ]Gankez> and what baout if something is on a corpse?

00[11:56] <[AQ]Gankez> if theres a loot bag lying on the ground with something in it

00[11:56] <[AQ]Gankez> would that say true as well?

[11:57] <[GM]Discord> false 

00[11:57] <[AQ]Gankez> ah so you mean if he had it on him and died

00[11:57] <[AQ]Gankez> then was in ghost mode it'd say false?

[11:57] <[GM]Discord> yes

00[11:57] <[AQ]Gankez> i hope you are putting two and two together

[11:57] <[GM]Discord> once the loot bag is gone, so is the items

00[11:58] <[AQ]Gankez> so if he had it on him and died

00[11:58] <[AQ]Gankez> he'd be a ghost

[11:58] <[GM]Discord> they saw him do this twice thats why they waited for the res

00[11:58] <[AQ]Gankez> and it'd say false

00[11:58] <[AQ]Gankez> if the food was in the loot bag

00[11:58] <[AQ]Gankez> unless im misunderstanding something it looks like your guy made a big fuck up saying he was carrying it on a ghost

00[11:58] <[AQ]Gankez> when he just died at the keep

So now we see the 'proof' that the gm's provide for banning people mid siege.  Warchild (the ghost in the jpeg) had just died.  Some of his items got picked up, and some were sitting on his corpse.  The 'urial with cream' was flagged as false, and the GM automatically assumed it was a ghost inventory exploit rather than the obvious solution that the item was on the corpse.

But let's take a step back and try to use a little common sense here:  Why in hell would someone use a ghost inventory exploit to ONLY get some 'urial with cream'?  It makes no sense at the most basic level.  Not to mention AQ had horses at the keep filled with food, arrows, bandages etc.  This whole situation does not pass the most basic common sense litmus test.  Also, I am personally unaware of the existence of any such ghost inventory exploit even being in game.

Good fight to the people at the siege.

I hope all the Mortal GM's involved get fired, especially Ovidius and Discord.

So far the unsub count is at 59 accounts and climbing.  

Comments

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

I really want to be flippant and assholey, but, its a shit game, why are you so surprised that is has shit customer service.

I honestly can't believe people actually played this game considering at release it was borderline unplayable, and from what i understand not much has changed.  Are you *that* desperate for an open world full loot pvp type of game?

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Originally posted by Hrimnir

I really want to be flippant and assholey, but, its a shit game, why are you so surprised that is has shit customer service.

I honestly can't believe people actually played this game considering at release it was borderline unplayable, and from what i understand not much has changed.  Are you *that* desperate for an open world full loot pvp type of game?

No we're not surprised.  I'm just telling it like it happened.

We are that desperate for a decent open world pvp game though.... sad and ashamed face. :(

• sandboxluvsandboxluv Member Posts: 56

I have always thought the gm's get involved way too much for a "sandbox" game.  I have never liked Discord since the days he was Bizzy's pocket gm. 

One question. Did the banning of the people affect the siege defence?

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

I dont play or have played this game, and i cannot judge what happened, but i can say this much: banning players "on the fly", not even investigating what was wrong, based on a logic key for true or false, is both stupid and unprofessional.

If the design on a given game is so bad to allow these type of exploits, you should at least try to talk with players and try to sort out what happened.

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

Are you *that* desperate for an open world full loot pvp type of game?

Absolutely.

And I'm not speaking for OP. I've played MO recently and thought about going back in spite of it's flaws because I AM that desperate.  Look at what's available now...

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

That's too bad. I hope you guys find what you are looking for. I wish The Repopulation or Dominus were coming out soon.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Starvault professionality could be compared to the attendants of a shady mcdonald on angola

Nothing new

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

Originally posted by sandboxluv

I have always thought the gm's get involved way too much for a "sandbox" game.  I have never liked Discord since the days he was Bizzy's pocket gm. 

The banning certainly did impact the defense... 2 of the 3 people banned were our 'spirit mages' who can perform resurrection.  We lost our ability to resurrect people with players due to the ban.  There is a priest inside the keep, but it has a timer and cannot be used to res people as fast as we needed.

Since we lost our ability to fast res inside the keep, we had to take the fight outside the keep where we were at a great disadvantage.

I don't think the outcome of the siege would have changed, but the duration of the siege certainly would have.  Most of us agreed to log off and unsub after we discussed the bans and saw the GM proof.  After that the fight was over.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I certainly wouldn't settle for this, though. Even the GM's english makes me facepalm.

Oh well, good luck in whatever's next on your list.

• sandboxluvsandboxluv Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by psykobilly

Originally posted by sandboxluv

The banning certainly did impact the defense... 2 of the 3 people banned were our 'spirit mages' who can perform resurrection.  We lost our ability to resurrect people with players due to the ban.  There is a priest inside the keep, but it has a timer and cannot be used to res people as fast as we needed.

Since we lost our ability to fast res inside the keep, we had to take the fight outside the keep where we were at a great disadvantage.

I don't think the outcome of the siege would have changed, but the duration of the siege certainly would have.  Most of us agreed to log off and unsub after we discussed the bans and saw the GM proof.  After that the fight was over.

Take it from me.  If you were able to extend the seige you may have won the batte.  Being in the alliance VOIPS alot it is a clusterfuck.  But losing your rezzing gms in the middle of a fight is bullshit.  They should of investigated further.  Them banning in the middle of the seige is argument enough for you losing the keep in my book.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Just out of curiousity, are you guys headed to another mmo? If so, do you already know which one?

• amadmanamadman Member Posts: 19

This is what people are quiting over??

Exploiting can really mess up a game. So I am glad to see that they are actually trying to do something about it. Even if its a mistake I cant see why people would mass quit over the GM's trying to ban exploiters. It just dont add up to  me.

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

Originally posted by Jimmac

Just out of curiousity, are you guys headed to another mmo? If so, do you already know which one?

We are in the Tera beta now on the EU side...  I personally think of it as aim-based wow and am not too impressed, but what can you do?  There is not much skill-based MMO's out there.

Darkfall 2.0 is at the top of the list, but that's probably Q3 (at least) for beta.

Originally posted by amadman

This is what people are quiting over??

Exploiting can really mess up a game. So I am glad to see that they are actually trying to do something about it. Even if its a mistake I cant see why people would mass quit over the GM's trying to ban exploiters. It just dont add up to  me.

This is actually the fourth siege AQ members have been involved in where inapproprate GM involvement impacted the siege.

Sorry you don't understand.

• rodierrodier Member UncommonPosts: 38

mass unsub? AQ had around 30-40 members only :-DD so what unsub.. omg

they get raped after x month when they raping us. so we beat them to death.. and instead of accepting it, they want unsub.

Custom Service on this game is best I ever saw. If u got any problem.. u send ticket and GM are at you max to 2 minutes. 24/7 every time, every day.

Rodier, icq 10905813

• travdotytravdoty Member UncommonPosts: 274

The GM's are unprofessional? Don't tell me everyone is just now figuring this out?....

• PancakeEffctPancakeEffct Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by rodier

mass unsub? AQ had around 30-40 members only :-DD so what unsub.. omg

they get raped after x month when they raping us. so we beat them to death.. and instead of accepting it, they want unsub.

Custom Service on this game is best I ever saw. If u got any problem.. u send ticket and GM are at you max to 2 minutes. 24/7 every time, every day.

30-40 members, probably most of them had 2 accounts if not more.

Not to mention 30-40 members is probably half the entire population of MO. This is a huge blow to MO right before awakening where they need every sub they can get..

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Originally posted by TROLL_HARD

Are you *that* desperate for an open world full loot pvp type of game?

Absolutely.

And I'm not speaking for OP. I've played MO recently and thought about going back in spite of it's flaws because I AM that desperate.  Look at what's available now...

Your name pretty much states why.   Its basically a troll system of sorts, you gank someone, taking advantage of them being down or preoccupied and then reap the reward. 0 skill at all. 

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

No we're not surprised.  I'm just telling it like it happened.

We are that desperate for a decent open world pvp game though.... sad and ashamed face. :(

Really? why are you guys not in DarkFall then ? It may not be perfect but at least it runs, and it does not look like EQ1 knockoff.

Seriously the screenshot looks just plain terrible, worse than ShadowBane and that game was FUgly, but it ran well at least. SV guys smell like sheisters who forgot how to do the scam part of this game. They need to go read about Dark and Light.

Lolipops !

• rodierrodier Member UncommonPosts: 38

many friends played Darkfall Online from start to few month ago (when they announce "wipe not wipe"). And when I show this to them, they just start laught.
    Why ?
    In darkfall this was on every day schedule. When someone big lose, it start yelling about GMs.. its like propaganda.

Rodier, icq 10905813

Originally posted by Voiidiin

Really? why are you guys not in DarkFall then ? It may not be perfect but at least it runs, and it does not look like EQ1 knockoff.

Seriously the screenshot looks just plain terrible, worse than ShadowBane and that game was FUgly, but it ran well at least. SV guys smell like sheisters who forgot how to do the scam part of this game. They need to go read about Dark and Light.

Can't answer for everyone else... but I have a high-level / close-to-max character - I played DF for a long time and got bored with it.  I especially don't like spell pre-surge mechanics and extended bunny hop / water skiiing physics, even though I had stormblast,wof,begone etc maxed.

The screenshot does look terrible... not sure why the lighting is so bad.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

many friends played Darkfall Online from start to few month ago (when they announce "wipe not wipe"). And when I show this to them, they just start laught.

Why ?

In darkfall this was on every day schedule. When someone big lose, it start yelling about GMs.. its like propaganda.

Its hard to believe that in DF GM's will interfere in a middle of a siege and start banning people for not such clear reasons. And just came in my mind that some months ago they even killed players when they where sieging AQ's keep because the gate was bugged and couldnt be locked for some reason. Still GM's killing people in a game that people paying monthly subs isnt a very professional thing to do.

• KeshanberkKeshanberk Member Posts: 81

My MO account was banned 2 years ago..? I think? The GMs accused me of killing other players with a cheat and speedhacking. It's sad that such exploits could even exist in a pay to play MMO. Anyway, they were all false accusations and Star Vault never unbanned me. Waste of $40 dollars, imo.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

The majority of AQ unsubbbed from Mortal online today, and here is the truth behind the story.  There was a siege today, and the enemy of AQ won the siege against AQ keep.  No one in AQ argues about the outcome of the siege...  the enemy had AQ greatly outnumbered and won the siege fairly.

During the siege 3 members of AQ got banned mid fight.  Here is the proof that the gm's gave justifying the bans:

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/6923/80116218.jpg

It's not obvious from the picture what the proof is, but according to the gm's it is the 'false' flagged item.  The GM's are implying that the false flag means the item is on the ghost and that the ghost is exploiting.  Here is a little chat with discord that better explains it:

00[11:55] <[AQ]Gankez> we're unsubbing

00[11:55] <[AQ]Gankez> my guys werent cheating ... take care

[11:55] <[GM]Discord> if AQ unsubs cause they want to supporting exploiting I can't do anything about that

00[11:55] <[AQ]Gankez> we werent exploiting

[11:55] <[GM]Discord> you saw the proof yourself

00[11:55] <[AQ]Gankez> i saw something that said false

[11:55] <[GM]Discord> that means its not in the bank

00[11:55] <[AQ]Gankez> the bank?

[11:55] <[GM]Discord> it has nowhere else to be but on the char

[11:56] <[GM]Discord> yes thats a master list of all the items

[11:56] <[GM]Discord> true is bank false is char

00[11:56] <[AQ]Gankez> and what baout if something is on a corpse?

00[11:56] <[AQ]Gankez> if theres a loot bag lying on the ground with something in it

00[11:56] <[AQ]Gankez> would that say true as well?

[11:57] <[GM]Discord> false 

00[11:57] <[AQ]Gankez> ah so you mean if he had it on him and died

00[11:57] <[AQ]Gankez> then was in ghost mode it'd say false?

[11:57] <[GM]Discord> yes

00[11:57] <[AQ]Gankez> i hope you are putting two and two together

[11:57] <[GM]Discord> once the loot bag is gone, so is the items

00[11:58] <[AQ]Gankez> so if he had it on him and died

00[11:58] <[AQ]Gankez> he'd be a ghost

[11:58] <[GM]Discord> they saw him do this twice thats why they waited for the res

00[11:58] <[AQ]Gankez> and it'd say false

00[11:58] <[AQ]Gankez> if the food was in the loot bag

00[11:58] <[AQ]Gankez> unless im misunderstanding something it looks like your guy made a big fuck up saying he was carrying it on a ghost

00[11:58] <[AQ]Gankez> when he just died at the keep

So now we see the 'proof' that the gm's provide for banning people mid siege.  Warchild (the ghost in the jpeg) had just died.  Some of his items got picked up, and some were sitting on his corpse.  The 'urial with cream' was flagged as false, and the GM automatically assumed it was a ghost inventory exploit rather than the obvious solution that the item was on the corpse.

But let's take a step back and try to use a little common sense here:  Why in hell would someone use a ghost inventory exploit to ONLY get some 'urial with cream'?  It makes no sense at the most basic level.  Not to mention AQ had horses at the keep filled with food, arrows, bandages etc.  This whole situation does not pass the most basic common sense litmus test.  Also, I am personally unaware of the existence of any such ghost inventory exploit even being in game.

Good fight to the people at the siege.

I hope all the Mortal GM's involved get fired, especially Ovidius and Discord.

So far the unsub count is at 54 accounts and climbing.  

So if ten people are leaving...that means they are down to 2...oh boy

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Originally posted by argirop

Why ?

Its hard to believe that in DF GM's will interfere in a middle of a siege and start banning people for not such clear reasons. And just came in my mind that some months ago they even killed players when they where sieging AQ's keep because the gate was bugged and could be locked for some reason. Still GM's killing people in a game that people paying monthly subs isnt a very professional thing to do.

The GMs come across as unprofessional children, bullying the players in there sandbox. I think more should leave other than AQ's guild, developers need to understand that this behavior is intolerable in any form.

I get it why some of you tried to make MO work, there was a point in my MMO life i was interested in it, but i never pre-order MMOs anymore and because of that i got to see how miserable all of you early adopters suffered at this development teams hands. Even stranger was the fact that SV just fired 25 of there employees leaving just a few left. thats the writing on the wall to me. This incident should be the last straw for all of you, those in AQ and even those who were against them in the siege.

DF-2 is coming soon, there is also the full release of Xsyon (yes that game is a bit wonky) and while The Secret World is not a complete sandbox it does have a lot of PvP merit in it, even GW2 has some very exciting PvP coming down the pipe.

Either way, as gamers you guys should be treated with a modicum of respect, something these devs have not shown, especially the few who have put up with MO's extreme struggles.

Good luck where ever you guys land.

Lolipops !

This discussion has been closed.