Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2,000,000,000 ISK Goonswarm Federation scam – a call to war

Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

Dear fellow pilots

Have you ever wanted to go to war with a powerful alliance that is evil and has no integrity?

Well, it’s your lucky day.

Goonswarm Federation have a well organised scam that involves a website setup for the purpose of scamming.

If your alliance is in a coalition with Goonswarm Federation, you have to ask yourself, “Can I really trust them?”. The answer is “No”, and here is the evidence.

Just when you’re on the brink of being accepted into Goonswarm, they ask for a 2,000,000,000 ISK deposit. (The recruitment officer, Sordeo Regius, says it’s refundable in a month unless you are involved with spying activity.)

Here is a screenshot of the Goonswarm website arranging the scam:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mors_magne/6899525491/

Out of interest, here is a screenshot of the scammer – once he has scammed you, you are blocked from contacting him:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mors_magne/6899525643/

Personally, I am not annoyed by Goonswarm. Until now, Eve was getting rather boring – it felt as if every alliance was the same.

Every alliance seemed equally good and evil.

However, Goonswarm Federation are making a point of being the ‘bad guys’ of Eve.

Surely, every pod pilot who has a moral conscience, and has always wanted to fight the good fight against evil should rally against Goonswarm.

It is time to pod Goonswarm 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

This post is a copy of an original post found here. It has been reproduced on this forum to inform and warn as many Eve pilots as possible  https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=71629&find=unread 

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Not sure how this is new to people, Goonswarm have been in the scamming business for years, they have never, ever been the 'good guys' if its taken you this long to find that out.. then you pretty much earned that 2tr isk loss..  image

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

ive seen so many scams by Goons that i already knew before i started playing they where bad news.

I quited Eve tough, but i still think about it sometimes.

The alliance systems and political systems is something very awesome.

I quited as the skill training took way to long and i dont intend to train a year worth of time to be usefull as a fighter pilot.

Still Eve is one hell of a game and one of a kind i may add :)

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

Originally posted by Phry

Not sure how this is new to people, Goonswarm have been in the scamming business for years, they have never, ever been the 'good guys' if its taken you this long to find that out.. then you pretty much earned that 2tr isk loss..  image

Well, I've played the game for a while and I didn't realise.

In my opinion, up until now, Goonswarm's image has been one of a sense of humor (the Something Awful website), and defeating BoB through use of large numbers and cheap ships. It hasn't really been a reputation of dishonesty.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by Mors.Magne

In my opinion, up until now, Goonswarm's image has been one of a sense of humor (the Something Awful website), and defeating BoB through use of large numbers and cheap ships. It hasn't really been a reputation of dishonesty.

/Facepalm

Google 'Goonswarm recruitment' and you will find milions of posts from people that were scammed.

It is always the same though, people get scammed, post on the boards and when asked why; they all say 'to warn others'.

Well.......this has been going on for years, what makes you think you can warn anyone when there are pages and pages of posts exactly like this for years, and it did YOU no good?

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240

If one can't bother to read up on their history, then one deserves nothing less.

• LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680

Come join Romanian Legion :)

Playing: Everthing
    Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
    I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

Originally posted by jpnz

/Facepalm

Google 'Goonswarm recruitment' and you will find milions of posts from people that were scammed.

It is always the same though, people get scammed, post on the boards and when asked why; they all say 'to warn others'.

Well.......this has been going on for years, what makes you think you can warn anyone when there are pages and pages of posts exactly like this for years, and it did YOU no good?

Out of curiosity, I did perform a search of the forums.

On the new forums, I found one post. However, the person who was scammed was far too nice - the post was very timid and the title of the post didn't really explain what happened.

Not many people bothered to read the post or comment.

Originally posted by shinkan

If one can't bother to read up on their history, then one deserves nothing less.

I read about Goonswarm's history very carefully.

At one point, I even fought on their side against BoB.

However, there was hardly any suggestion that Goonswarm were 'the villians', if you see what I mean.

Originally posted by lionexx

I'll look into it.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Goonsquad = Goonswarm? 

probably..

Goonies in most mmos are scammers... they're in almost every major game.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    ROFL, I knew after doing the basic research BEFORE I started playing EvE that the Goons had a large number of recruitment scams, you must be one gullible hick.

I'll look into it.

Lionexx, you may need to stall him until he has saved up enough to transfer for the initiation ceremony ;-)
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

Goons have been scammers since their inception. Immature, arrogant, but very fun to hang out with. Except their old leadership which is only immature and arrogant and totaly incompetent to realise what they had with their member base.

Besides being scammers Goons are also griefers and metagamers. Some of them are also in rmt-ing business but this is mostly reserver for Russians. Most of them just want to play and grief others.

I'm an ex Goon so I know what I'm saying:)

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

I'll look into it.

If you're serious you can toss me(Devalis) a convo or mail "Devalis" Or "Cuffdawg"

Originally posted by Spiider

Goons have been scammers since their inception. Immature, arrogant, but very fun to hang out with. Except their old leadership which is only immature and arrogant and totaly incompetent to realise what they had with their member base.

Besides being scammers Goons are also griefers and metagamers. Some of them are also in rmt-ing business but this is mostly reserver for Russians. Most of them just want to play and grief others.

I'm an ex Goon so I know what I'm saying:)

Do you remember the old day's to apply for goons? If oyu don't know the rigth people and just trie dto randomly apply you would have to be a member of there fourms (Somthingawful) for what was it? 3 months? then be a gold member which was like 15 bucks, Before you could even be looked at to join.

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

I got in through a vouch by a friend. But I do remember how people scammed a lot of money from wannabe applicants back in those days.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

They've been doing this for years. Up to the point of warping complete new member alliances on hostile deathstars to add some extra injury to the insult. It's EVE tradition by now and brilliant fun imo :)

<3 Goons

• SlaverHoundSlaverHound Member Posts: 109

Eve in not like other MMORPGs you actually have to read and do your own research into things.

From their own website, on various pages, and in red no less:

Only these individuals talk on behalf of the Goonswarm Federation Alliance and the Clusterf*ck Coalition. All others saying they are a diplomat of any kind are trying to scam you.   

PLEASE NOTE: GoonWaffe sponsorship rules prohibit the sponsorship of anybody who the sponsor does not know personally. By sponsoring you that person is taking personal responsibility for your actions and if either of you screw up you will both be banned. If you paid somebody in game to sponsor you then you were probably scammed.  

If you gave isk to join GoonWaffe then you were scammed and you're ____ out of luck.  

And once more for the reading challenge: GoonWaffe does not openly recruit. If you paid money in game or transfered assets to somebody in game on the promise that they would get you into GoonWaffe or GoonSwarm in general, you were scammed. Do not complete this registration, you will not get into the alliance, no matter how much the person you just contacted in-game right now about this message assures you that you will. 

"Lectroids? Planet 10? Nuclear extortion? A girl named "John"?

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

technically, everyone in eve is a scammer, and if they're not then they're just not playing it right.

• SlaverHoundSlaverHound Member Posts: 109

After he joins are you going to get him to contract all of his stuff to you for transport to Romaniam legion territory without placing collateral on it?

"Lectroids? Planet 10? Nuclear extortion? A girl named "John"?

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

Shouldn't it be pretty clear that they scam, from the history of them, I haven't played EVE just read some blogs and such and I think it's pretty public they are scamming idiots... Nothing new here or is there?

Originally posted by RefMinor

ROFL, I knew after doing the basic research BEFORE I started playing EvE that the Goons had a large number of recruitment scams, you must be one gullible hick.

For your interest, when Goonswarm were at war with BoB, Goonswarm went to tremendous lengths to make BoB look as dishonest as possible. For example, the T20 scandal, when it was revealed that a CCP dev was on the side of BoB.

My guess is that Goonswarm have been trying to look as honest as they possibly can. 

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416

You actually play eve? I think it was just a glorified spreadsheet program with pretty pictures.. because thats about all the gameplay eve had was clicking menu's. Though I do love hearing about the scams people pull off. If you got scammed by this honestly all I can do is laugh my ass off hard, if any guild was to ask for a massive deposit like that I'd immedatly think that something is way wrong here, and go my seperate ways. Then again I have common sense.. and alot of people seem to lack that now a days.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Originally posted by RefMinor

For your interest, when Goonswarm were at war with BoB, Goonswarm went to tremendous lengths to make BoB look as dishonest as possible. For example, the T20 scandal, when it was revealed that a CCP dev was on the side of BoB.

My guess is that Goonswarm have been trying to look as honest as they possibly can. 

For your interest, I am not the one who paid out a shit load of credits to the online gaming equivalent of the nephew of the recently deceased Nigerian oil minister and when every laughs seems to think that they were perfectly justified in doing it.
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356