Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sci Fi Games

stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Sadly, I have now become bored with SWTOR and am looking for another game to scratch my sci fi itch. 

Tried STO and hate it, and EVE is too much economics for me

So, any ideas? Doesnt have to be an MMO, can be any type of game, including real old school games, but not FPS as thats not my thing...

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Comments

• BLueBEarBLueBEar Member Posts: 242

Originally posted by stragen001
    Sadly, I have now become bored with SWTOR and am looking for another game to scratch my sci fi itch. 
    Tried STO and hate it, and EVE is too much economics for me
    So, any ideas? Doesnt have to be an MMO, can be any type of game, including real old school games, but not FPS as thats not my thing...

Hrmm well you asked for real old school so I'll suggest Starport: Galactic Empires

Or if thats too old school for you why not try Entropia-Universe

Oh my got!!!
    i neber see a graphic of this before,
    i neber p2p any game before, but this game i must!

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

The only real sci fi MMORPG game there is AO its f2p but ith a sub it`s a lot better. 

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

There's a few, have researched image recently ~

• Star Control (1-3) : 2 is usu. cited.. sorta fly around space sandbox. see gog : good old games[dot] com

• X-wing vs Tie-fighter?

• Sins of a Solar Empire, Sword of the Stars etc (4X game)

• Frontier, X-Series (Elite space sims) - some of these have been redone/rebranded... sourceforge? I forget.

• Black Prophecy - mmo f2p - see the reviews. Recent. (see mmorpg game list)

• Traveller AR for iOS

• Vendetta Online (worth a look/cross-platform!)

• EvE - no list complete without it. ^_^

• Star Trek Online?

• SpaceChem (Space-chemistry puzzle game!!) highly recommended for this genre.

Future releases:

Infinity - FULL BLOWN MMORPG SANDBOX Space-Sim Elite-style

Star Command (iOS) spaceship management sim ala "gamedevstory+star trek"

Faster Than Light (spaceship sim, indie)

Waking Mars (Tiger Style Games) (iOS) Preview is out-dated but "free roam rpg platformer mix

• bishop916bishop916 Member UncommonPosts: 49

RYZOM is a 3D Sci Fi MMORPG with a bit of fantasy elements. I was in there last night getting to know the community, and even from the starter island, it is enough to make me consider cancelling my SWTOR account. Its sandbox, and will not hold your hand, but it is that good.

For awesome awesome (am I going to say this 3 times? Yes I am) awesome immersion and good oldschool MMO gameplay, I recommend it.

- B916

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

Ryzom is a very awesome game, but takes some time to get into thou just a heads up, but the community is the best i have seen in a while.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Fallout 1 / 2

Anachronox

Wasteland

Let's internet

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Vendetta online is a simplified version of Evachron Mercenaries.

But if you like a full in the cockpit type of space sim, Evachron was somehting I played for quite a while. Full HOTAS, Trak IR head gear, and pedals made for a nice experience. Only its multiplayer if you join a good group of people who create their own verse.