Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

This game will give GW2 run for its money

11112131517

Comments

  • teakboisteakbois Parlin, NJPosts: 2,154Member

    Originally posted by Pivotelite

    or what are better known as "expansions" in WoWs terms.

     

     

    Actually, WoW calls em patches

     

     

  • PivotelitePivotelite Hamilton, ONPosts: 2,167Member

    Originally posted by teakbois

    Originally posted by Pivotelite


    or what are better known as "expansions" in WoWs terms.

    Actually, WoW calls em patches 

     I thought they were expansions, you know when you have to buy a whole new box.

    image

  • heartlessheartless Brooklyn, NYPosts: 4,993Member

    Originally posted by Pivotelite

    Originally posted by ComfyChair

    I hope to god you're being sarcastic :p Both those points are the kind of ones you'd have to be extremely deluded to think are valid.

    Especially pay to play, that's a remnant of the late 90's when server costs are substantial, now they're a pittance yet people still willingly get fleeced for no reason. No P2P game bar WoW has had more content added than guild wars 1 has had, fact. So that idea goes straight out of the window, past a quizzical poppuri and straight back into whatever orifice it was pulled out of.

    EDIT: how perfect! check the video in guys sig below. It talks all about how pathetic the sub model is now and how we should be actively discouraging it.

     That video does have valid points and to be honest i've never been a serious fan of the P2P model because it is abused. A company like Blizzard is a prime example of a company who abuses this feature. But hey, their fanboys want to get milked, why wouldn't they milk them.

     

    You've got $15 a month + initial purchase + they charge you for the expansions, then you also have the option to buy mounts or other things for real money(didn't one just come out for $25?), and finally you've got to pay $25 for a server change, faction change or gender change. Blizzard is just sad.

     

    However I don't think you should always discourage the P2P model. TERA is doing the P2P model correctly, they released about a year ago and since then have had two huge content updates(the second coming this month) and some minor ones. They also have another one planned for sometime this year, and they do not charge you for these content updates, or what are better known as "expansions" in WoWs terms.

     

    Not to mention, the longer the subription method  you choose the less they charge you monthly, to as little as $8.95/month, for a year subscription that will save you $70.

    It's not just Blizzard that does this. Virtually every single AAA MMO that has asubscription fee also has a cash shop. The only P2P MMO that doesn't have one yet is SWTOR. But SWTOR just launched, so give it time.

    You're confusing expansions with patches. WoW releases a big content patch once every few months and they do not charge you for it either.

    Also, almost all subscription games give you a discount on multi-month subscriptions. The discount obviously varies but they all have it. Hell, if you sign up for a year, Blizzard not only gives you a discount but also throws in a mount. You get a free copy of Diablo III as well.

    Just clearning up a few misconceptions.

    image

  • teakboisteakbois Parlin, NJPosts: 2,154Member

    Originally posted by Pivotelite

    Originally posted by teakbois


    Originally posted by Pivotelite


    or what are better known as "expansions" in WoWs terms.

    Actually, WoW calls em patches 

     I thought they were expansions, you know when you have to buy a whole new box.

    Expansions are significantly larger than what TERA is doing.  2 instances?  3 bosses?

     

    What TERA is doing is called: finishing the original game

  • cherengacherenga TilaranPosts: 19Member

    Tera never appealed to me, i dont need to play the game to know that.

    I'm leveling a sith just because i like star wars ip too much even tho SWtor is far from excelent and offer few new things.

    GW2 will be the real titan here.

     

  • ololuluololulu nissi 76202Posts: 134Member

    Played for 2 hours and found out this game isn't for me.

    It feels like all these cheap Asian f2p games IMO.

  • rexzshadowrexzshadow stockton, CAPosts: 1,428Member

    Originally posted by heartless

     

    Listen, I don't want to take this offtopic but NC Soft did win a lawsuit against Blue Hole in S. Korea. I wouldn't go so far as to say that the whole game was stolen but there is a high possibility that certain things were "borrowed."

    As far as everything else she said, it mostly her personal opinion and she is entitled to it. Just like you were entitled to post your personal opinion about GW2 a few posts earlier.

    TERA doesn't need you to defend it. That's what the marketing department is for.

    A law suit that got appealed in the appeals court, and all soft and hard ware was already given back. So this new law suit is pretty much NCSoft trying to scare people away from Tera.

    Hmmm i won't say GW2 team is more experienced, i mean Tera core team is all people who work on linage 1 and 2 and both game are older than GW.

    Up side is i'm going to have a great laugh when the game comes out because of the riduclus expection people have for it.

  • heartlessheartless Brooklyn, NYPosts: 4,993Member

    Originally posted by rexzshadow

    Originally posted by heartless


     

    Listen, I don't want to take this offtopic but NC Soft did win a lawsuit against Blue Hole in S. Korea. I wouldn't go so far as to say that the whole game was stolen but there is a high possibility that certain things were "borrowed."

    As far as everything else she said, it mostly her personal opinion and she is entitled to it. Just like you were entitled to post your personal opinion about GW2 a few posts earlier.

    TERA doesn't need you to defend it. That's what the marketing department is for.

    A law suit that got appealed in the appeals court, and all soft and hard ware was already given back. So this new law suit is pretty much NCSoft trying to scare people away from Tera.

    Hmmm i won't say GW2 team is more experienced, i mean Tera core team is all people who work on linage 1 and 2 and both game are older than GW.

    Up side is i'm going to have a great laugh when the game comes out because of the riduclus expection people have for it.

    My point is that there is no reason to attack people just because they made a post that they don't like the same game that you like.

    Enmasse, Frogster, BlueHole, ArenaNet, NC Soft or their games don't need you or me to defend them. They all have marketing departments for that. Enjoy this game or the other and let others have their opinions.

    image

  • ZebladeZeblade Colorado Springs, COPosts: 926Member

    Sorry but TERA is a nice game yet so awful. Been many many years since I seen a CHAT so awful. Other then the half naked toons which is what the game has going for it .. its boring.

  • PivotelitePivotelite Hamilton, ONPosts: 2,167Member

    Originally posted by Zeblade

    Sorry but TERA is a nice game yet so awful. Been many many years since I seen a CHAT so awful. Other then the half naked toons which is what the game has going for it .. its boring.

     If you played on NA servers for CBT1 it was because IGN gave away free codes and all of 4chan/reddit farmed them. 

     

    Mainly people who won't be playing on release were the "trolls".

    image

  • PivotelitePivotelite Hamilton, ONPosts: 2,167Member

    Originally posted by teakbois

    Originally posted by Pivotelite


    Originally posted by teakbois


    Originally posted by Pivotelite


    or what are better known as "expansions" in WoWs terms.

    Actually, WoW calls em patches 

     I thought they were expansions, you know when you have to buy a whole new box.

    Expansions are significantly larger than what TERA is doing.  2 instances?  3 bosses?

     

    What TERA is doing is called: finishing the original game

     

    The 50-58 update added 9 dungeons, 8new levels(obviously) guild vs guild and opened up many new zones. That's not a simple "patch".

    image

  • El-HefeEl-Hefe Yakima, WAPosts: 609Member

    Originally posted by Zeblade

    Sorry but TERA is a nice game yet so awful. Been many many years since I seen a CHAT so awful. Other then the half naked toons which is what the game has going for it .. its boring.

    they are addressing the chat issue they will be moderating the chat in the next beta.  but if you find the game boring i cant really help you there.

    I've got the straight edge.

  • rexzshadowrexzshadow stockton, CAPosts: 1,428Member

    Originally posted by Pivotelite

    Originally posted by Zeblade

    Sorry but TERA is a nice game yet so awful. Been many many years since I seen a CHAT so awful. Other then the half naked toons which is what the game has going for it .. its boring.

     If you played on NA servers for CBT1 it was because IGN gave away free codes and all of 4chan/reddit farmed them. 

     

    Mainly people who won't be playing on release were the "trolls".

    not to say all the GW2 fanboys spaming GW2 is better -.-

  • teakboisteakbois Parlin, NJPosts: 2,154Member

    Originally posted by Pivotelite

    Originally posted by teakbois


    Originally posted by Pivotelite


    Originally posted by teakbois


    Originally posted by Pivotelite


    or what are better known as "expansions" in WoWs terms.

    Actually, WoW calls em patches 

     I thought they were expansions, you know when you have to buy a whole new box.

    Expansions are significantly larger than what TERA is doing.  2 instances?  3 bosses?

     

    What TERA is doing is called: finishing the original game

     

    The 50-58 update added 9 dungeons, 8new levels(obviously) guild vs guild and opened up many new zones. That's not a simple "patch".

    Its finishing an unfinished game, you are going to deny that TERA released without its endgame content?  They admitted this.

  • cyress8cyress8 Croatia, VTPosts: 832Member

    Even though I like Tera and will subscribe to it. I say, no, the game will not give GW2 a run for its money. Only 1 game on the horizon will do that and it is mudderfudgin' Archeage. GOOD DAMN, THAT GAME IS BADASS!!!

    BOOYAKA!

  • heartlessheartless Brooklyn, NYPosts: 4,993Member

    Originally posted by cyress8

    Even though I like Tera and will subscribe to it. I say, no, the game will not give GW2 a run for its money. Only 1 game on the horizon will do that and it is mudderfudgin' Archeage. GOOD DAMN, THAT GAME IS BADASS!!!

    That game does look sweet. Too bad we're probably not going to see it in the west for at least 2 more years.

    image

  • PivotelitePivotelite Hamilton, ONPosts: 2,167Member

    Originally posted by heartless

    Originally posted by cyress8

    Even though I like Tera and will subscribe to it. I say, no, the game will not give GW2 a run for its money. Only 1 game on the horizon will do that and it is mudderfudgin' Archeage. GOOD DAMN, THAT GAME IS BADASS!!!

    That game does look sweet. Too bad we're probably not going to see it in the west for at least 2 more years.

     Yeah, it's really dissapointing. I hope they find a NA/EU publisher.

    image

  • OtomoxOtomox HoooooPosts: 303Member

    I´m staying with TERA for now the combat is different enough from other mmorpgs to make it really fun. The mainstream gonna rush on GW 2 and it wont match the hype it has and neither kill wow and so they will move to the next and AION lol, AION has no chance against TERA no idea why its so popular over in asia.

     

    btw love the GW 2 defence force calling tera above average looking when its clearly the best looking mmorpg out and its 2 freaking years old. Ya know what shit gonna be on top on end yes u guessed it right its the thing with the pandas.

  • Kuro1nKuro1n GothenburgPosts: 771Member

    Originally posted by Otomox

    I´m staying with TERA for now the combat is different enough from other mmorpgs to make it really fun. The mainstream gonna rush on GW 2 and it wont match the hype it has and neither kill wow and so they will move to the next and AION lol, AION has no chance against TERA no idea why its so popular over in asia.

     

    btw love the GW 2 defence force calling tera above average looking when its clearly the best looking mmorpg out and its 2 freaking years old. Ya know what shit gonna be on top on end yes u guessed it right its the thing with the pandas.

    Indeed its mainly the combat which will make me play Tera but hopefully also the pvp. Ill keep subbing until we get KOBT of AA at least. : )

  • rexzshadowrexzshadow stockton, CAPosts: 1,428Member

    Originally posted by Otomox

    I´m staying with TERA for now the combat is different enough from other mmorpgs to make it really fun. The mainstream gonna rush on GW 2 and it wont match the hype it has and neither kill wow and so they will move to the next and AION lol, AION has no chance against TERA no idea why its so popular over in asia.

     

    btw love the GW 2 defence force calling tera above average looking when its clearly the best looking mmorpg out and its 2 freaking years old. Ya know what shit gonna be on top on end yes u guessed it right its the thing with the pandas.

    pretty sure its only 1 year old o.o only been in korea for a 1year, i won't even call it 1 year old coz they release it unfinished in korea XD

  • albaficassalbaficass thessalonikiPosts: 101Member

    Originally posted by Smikis

     

     

    no endgame, and literaly no endgame, swtor had none, but this one have none at all, and its been live for year? all they did was 3-4 dungeons? that arent in yet? no raids?  and couple world bosses, thats it.. and politic system noone knows about, apart year old trailer

     

     

    the game has content and end of this month 3 new dungeons,raids,lvl cap,new zones and maybe new class.

    You are just a fcking hater thats it all

    btw i play the korean so next time before imagine things and throw them out like that..ask ppl before talking craps.

    the game has content...more than aion-stwor combine.

    i wont mention ur comment about the combat and the themepark crap u said.....tera combat  and pvp simply crush gw2 with eaze.

  • BizkitNLBizkitNL NetherlandsPosts: 2,280Member Common

    Originally posted by albaficass

    Originally posted by Smikis

     

     

    no endgame, and literaly no endgame, swtor had none, but this one have none at all, and its been live for year? all they did was 3-4 dungeons? that arent in yet? no raids?  and couple world bosses, thats it.. and politic system noone knows about, apart year old trailer

     

     

    the game has content and end of this month 3 new dungeons,raids,lvl cap,new zones and maybe new class.

    You are just a fcking hater thats it all

    btw i play the korean so next time before imagine things and throw them out like that..ask ppl before talking craps.

    the game has content...more than aion-stwor combine.

    i wont mention ur comment about the combat and the themepark crap u said.....tera combat  and pvp simply crush gw2 with eaze.

    You seem to do exactly the same things you accuse him of, but to GW2 instead.

    Plus, you have absolutely no merit when it comes to claims how TERA will crush GW2 on any level or aspect, seeing as how you haven't played GW2.

    So........just don't, mkay?

    10
  • albaficassalbaficass thessalonikiPosts: 101Member

    Originally posted by Kuro1n

    Originally posted by spaceport

    Imo it will be a fun filler for a couple of months, which is more than what i can say from games like Rift (3 weeks) & Swtor (2 weeks), man those games got boring fast.

    Im also looking forward to the Server vs Server pvp, dynamic content and the 9th class updates.

    GW2 is must-buy, another good filler while we wait for ArcheAge.

    You and me both good sir. ;)

    archeage is made by the director of L1-L2 so  expect this game to be a hardcore grindfest....

    same for B&S.

     

  • ClerigoClerigo MatosinhosPosts: 400Member Common

    How you can even compare these 2 games is beyond my understanding.

    Even if TERA turns out to be a great game and GW2 fails, you still cant compare them. Is it that hard to follow?

    The only thing that both these games have in common is the genre they belong to.

    One is trying to break free from old design models, and the other is "more of the same" already did that content, praying that it is good enough to grab gamers...

    ...you want to try and guess wich one is wich? Ill give you a clue...

    ...not "that" one!

  • El-HefeEl-Hefe Yakima, WAPosts: 609Member

    am i the only one that thinks this thread should have died days ago?

     

    tera will have no significant impact on gw2's success. 

    I've got the straight edge.

Sign In or Register to comment.