Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: St. Valentine’s Day

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The past week's Valentine's Day celebration in Rift was packed with activity and excitement with Trion going for the world record for most in-game marriages in 24-hours. In today's Chronicles of One Teleran, we take a look back at those momentous events. Check it out!

Hello there. As I write this it is February the 15th. The secret rulers of the world are all counting up their obscene profits from the sales of lovey-duvey cards, (profits that I, for one, did nothing to contribute to. I sent an e-card. And it was more than enough. At least, that’s what my Significant Other shouted as she left the house in something of a rush. Or was it ‘I’ve had enough’? No matter. I’ll ask her when she comes back. Which should be soon. I mean, she’s been gone about twenty-four hours now.)

Read more of Paul Crilley's Chronicles of One Telaran: St. Valentine’s Day.

Er… I don't want to kill the mood, but is that a monsoon coming?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Nice write up

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by Torvaldr

It set the world's record.  The wedding thing was more fun than I thought it would be.  It's a nice diversion for a little get together and the instance is really well done.

People fall for PR schemes so easily.  Who cares that it set a worlds record?  It didnt break one, there is a big difference there.  The weddings were indeed well done, however.

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

Originally posted by teakbois

Originally posted by Torvaldr

It set the world's record.  The wedding thing was more fun than I thought it would be.  It's a nice diversion for a little get together and the instance is really well done.

People fall for PR schemes so easily.  Who cares that it set a worlds record?  It didnt break one, there is a big difference there.  The weddings were indeed well done, however.

You assume too little of people. I am sure we all realise it is an attempt at getting some advertising but that doesn't mean it can't be fun. You can't lash out at things because they advertised otherwise you woulden't be any sort of consumer. The average person sees over a thousand advertisements a day.