Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

90% will play Charr.

Comments

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

Most of my characters will be norn and maybe i'll have one human. The other races don't interest me that much.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

A hammer wielding kneecapping tiny Asuran Warrior has been first choice for me for a while.(Warrior and Mesmer were my favourite GW professions). Although Engineer and Mesmer seem very interesting to me too. For this I'll chose a human.

As 3rd race I might consider Charr, but could be a human as well. I'm not interested in Norn or a salad.

• gw1228gw1228 Member UncommonPosts: 127

NO I don't think so.....all the races were very popular in GW1 not just one.

I see a lot of people playing humans especially the sexy elementals and also the

dark brooding emo crowd will play the necros with other races besides the CHARR

because of the armor/tattoos and such...Charr will be popular but 90%??? don't think

so

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by gw1228

NO I don't think so.....all the races were very popular in GW1 not just one.

I see a lot of people playing humans especially the sexy elementals and also the

dark brooding emo crowd will play the necros with other races besides the CHARR

because of the armor/tattoos and such...Charr will be popular but 90%??? don't think

so

you can only play human in GW1...

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

OP that's way to high have they done a poll on what race/class people want to play?

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Are the races any different? Beside from pure cosmetical point of view?

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Originally posted by Bunks

this was based on 8820 people polled so far on Guru

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/gw2census-com-character-pie-charts-t21267.html

Honestly, I think that makes sense.  It's about how I would've guessed it except I thought the Asura and Sylvari might be closer.

Either way, I'll have a human of each class, modeled after me... but I hope to surround myself with other races.

I like being the 'token human' in a group :D

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Norn! Charr are bad ass but they also seem evil and that's not my thing.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Originally posted by DeaconX

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/gw2census-com-character-pie-charts-t21267.html

Honestly, I think that makes sense.  It's about how I would've guessed it except I thought the Asura and Sylvari might be closer.

Either way, I'll have a human of each class, modeled after me... but I hope to surround myself with other races.

I like being the 'token human' in a group :D

Thanks, I expect Asura to be higher.

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

Originally posted by Yamota

Are the races any different? Beside from pure cosmetical point of view?

There are racial elites but they can't be used in structured PVP.

Each race would also have completely different personal storylines.

That's all I can think of.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• kegtapkegtap Member Posts: 261

I usually play the monster type like a char but I think I am going to go with the angry plant necromancer!

I can feel your anger. This game is defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike this game down with all of your hatred, and your journey towards towards the Dark Side will be complete.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

I find this highly acceptible. This certainly indicates that there will be plenty of beings to handle the menial labor we Asura require of them.

Good help is so hard to find.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by Volkon

I find this highly acceptible. This certainly indicates that there will be plenty of beings to handle the menial labor we Asura require of them.

And plenty of test subject fodder too, we best keep that to ourselves lest we get a repeat of the sylvari incident.

Originally posted by EvilGeek

Originally posted by Volkon

And plenty of test subject fodder too, we best keep that to ourselves lest we get a repeat of the sylvari incident.

Indeed. An honest mistake though. Sentient turnips indeed!

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by ariboersma

ok I cant figure out how to post it but the CURRENT as of right now, without old data is this break down of races

Asura 16.1%

Charr 15.4%

Human 31.4%

Norn 16.8%

Sylvari 20.3%

http://gw2census.com

if you want to do your own search by w/e and add your character(s)

quoting my own post because the graph isnt accurate as of last night. I think that was the graph from when the census site just came out.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Warhammer polls before launch had it almost 50-50 for factions. SWTOR had Empire and Republic almost even split and both pre-launch numbers were way off. Fan base and live numbers dont seem to balance out at all. 

• LittlebombLittlebomb Member Posts: 152

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Warhammer polls before launch had it almost 50-50 for factions. SWTOR had Empire and Republic almost even split and both pre-launch numbers were way off. Fan base and live numbers dont seem to balance out at all. 

That's weird because I was in Warhammer's closed beta for a Looooongggg time and we all knew destruction would be over populated weeks ahead of time.

Coming from the first month of Swtor's and their open beta it was super obvious that Empire was going to be overpopulated.

It doesn't seem like rocket science. Unless the bad team has horrible armor the bad side is going to be overpopulated.

GW2 doesn't have a bad side though. That graph looks pretty accurate to me.

I'm going to play a female Sylvari Elementalist personally

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

So much of it depends on factors that you don't find out until after the game is released though...

For example, in SWTOR, I think players "figured out" that the Empire storylines were by and large more interesting than the Republic ones, so they all flocked to Empire.

If people find out that the racial ability of the Norn in GW2 is awesome, or that the starting area of the Asura is amazing, then they may flock to those races as well.  So it's hard to predict where people will go before they have a chance to play the game.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Most players tend to pick human or human resembling races.

In PVP most pick badass looking characters. But still tend to go for humanoids.

And since Charr are catlike , i presume Norn fits both criteria above the best

uggg stop quoting the faulty pie chart!

• FancyFancy Member Posts: 11

I will NEVER play Charr, I don't want to be a hairy animal. O.o All of my characters will be Sylvari. Note: I'm a female player.

Originally posted by Fancy

I will NEVER play Charr, I don't want to be a hairy animal. O.o All of my characters will be Sylvari. Note: I'm a female player.

I hope this is a troll, if not stop making the rest of us female players look bad >.< Hairy animal... seriously?!?!? Pretty sure cat ppl usually look good. Dislike them because its not a nice looking race.. not because its an animal type race.

• FancyFancy Member Posts: 11

I'm not a troll, just posting my honest opinion, sorry if I offended you with it. I don't like animal looking characters, that's all. Sorry for my word usage, English is not my native language.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by ariboersma

I hope this is a troll, if not stop making the rest of us female players look bad >.< Hairy animal... seriously?!?!? Pretty sure cat ppl usually look good. Dislike them because its not a nice looking race.. not because its an animal type race.

A friend of mine would also never roll a Charr, but then she hates them for the searing of Ascalon. She gets really aggressive when fighting Charr in GW1. The fact that they are furry doesn't matter to her. Actually, she probably would like to be able smell the burning hair (when putting them on fire with her elementalist) for added realism.

I'm not a troll, just posting my honest opinion, sorry if I offended you with it. I don't like animal looking characters, that's all. Sorry for my word usage, English is not my native language.

Bah, I don't personally find anything offensive. There's enough variety amongst the races to appeal to most everyone I'm sure.

Oderint, dum metuant.