Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

90% will play Charr.

WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Any bets?

I for one will be playing a Human, but as trends dictate Charr is the (AkA) Bad-Ass.

Side Question, the 3 Orders that you can join in this game will they be picked apone character creation or later on, also will those 3 factions will be at war with each other or can anyone attack anyone no matter the faction? The reason I ask is I am trying to predict what Order will be the Horde/Sith faction because I don't want to be apart of that, I enjoy the underdog.

Comments

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    Factions are picked mid game (around level 35 iirc) and they are NOT at war with one another. They all seek to end the dragons, and are attempting to do so in different was from one another.

And my main race?
    See my sig ;)

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Im not so sure about this, seems for some reason a lot of people like to just be human, also I can see a lot of people who are more into the elf thing going sylvari , and can see some PVP people going with Asura thinking they will be harder to target since they are the smallerst race.

What order you choose will change some armies that are available, as well as dramatically changing your personal story.

-2 to the mobile site for being unable to edit posts.

Armors*, ffs stupid iPhone.

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960
  • TyrokiTyroki Member UncommonPosts: 183

This game is going to be highly alterific!

8 classes, 5 races, so many choices, SO MANY CHOICES!

And some idiots said there is little customisation due to how skills work. Pfft. BWAHAHAHA!

MMO's played: Ragnarok Online (For years), WoW (for a few weeks only), Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Eve, Allods, Shattered Galaxy, 9 Dragons, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Star Trek Online (Got someone ELSE to pay for it), Champions Online (Someone else paid), Dofus, Dragonica, LOTRO, DDO and more... A LOT more. I've played good AND bad. The bad didn't last long. :P

When was that poll from? Before or after the Sylvarii rerelease?

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Originally posted by Bunks

this was based on 8820 people polled so far on Guru

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/gw2census-com-character-pie-charts-t21267.html

Interesting thanks for the link.

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

I think the original said 720 votes were pre-mesmer/Sylvari but not sure. The other 8100 were more recent.

Myself, I think Norn Ranger will be my first toon.

Originally posted by star

Factions are picked mid game (around level 35 iirc) and they are NOT at war with one another. They all seek to end the dragons, and are attempting to do so in different was from one another.

And my main race?

See my sig ;)

So will open World pvp be anyone or only WvW & battlegrounds?

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/gw2census-com-character-pie-charts-t21267.html

Not to mention there have been polls put forth on this site that indicated a nice spread. I am just to lazy to search through all the GW2 threads to find the link for you.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Warjin

And my main race?

See my sig ;)

There is no "open world PVP" only WvWvW and competative BG's.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I will play a dagger-scepter (or it was focus) elementalist and the one that I think fits the most is the human

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• AlbredAlbred Member UncommonPosts: 48

90% of bads will play Charr.

~ Fixed

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

I dont see anything "badass" about charr, or well, I find the whole race a bit annoying because thy feel like they are being made to feel a bit too "badass" and it's having quite contrary effect on me. Definately not charr for me.

No asura or sylvari either, I feel the same about them kind of, Anet is trying too hard to make them fill the little and cute race or the elf race while making them a lot more original than they should be in order to fill those "spots" so no, I dont like that either and definately wont play either. I would really really see sylvari as the traditional elf race in this game but unfortunately we are past that mark and Anet will not rollback such a big decision to make them vegetables, but I assure if sylvari would have been more elf than weed they would have a lot bigger following than they have now.

However, I like humans and norn very much and everything seems good with them in my eyes, I'll propably pick norn because they have a bit more spice to them. The sad part is there's really only these two races to pick for me when considering alts, oh well, the customization options seem good enough to get enough variation.

Originally posted by Distopia

And my main race?

See my sig ;)

No word on a pvp server that will let you do so?

I really hope they do add at least the option for players like myself that enjoy the thrill of being hunted.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Any bets?

I for one will be playing a Human, but as trends dictate Charr is the (AkA) Bad-Ass.

Side Question, the 3 Orders that you can join in this game will they be picked apone character creation or later on, also will those 3 factions will be at war with each other or can anyone attack anyone no matter the faction? The reason I ask is I am trying to predict what Order will be the Horde/Sith faction because I don't want to be apart of that, I enjoy the underdog.

???

I plan to play Norn or Human

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Norn of course. 

I will let you guess why.

All die, so die well.

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

It's unfortunate that I can't live out my fantasy of playing a character named 50 Centaur

Zhed Shadowhoof was my bro

• DecoyTrooperDecoyTrooper Member Posts: 239

huuumaaaannnn

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by Distopia

And my main race?

See my sig ;)

No word on a pvp server that will let you do so?

I really hope they do add at least the option for players like myself that enjoy the thrill of being hunted.

Probably when Darkfall adds a pve server.

Oh and on topic,I probably will try all of them or if only 4 slots all but the cabbage patch kids.image

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

I currently prefer the Norn as well, although I'm sure there will be plenty of Sylvari with Marijuana- and Opiate-themed names.

• I'm actually going to be playing an Asura. :)

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

Most people will try few races and professions before they choose what fits them the best. I for one will start with Norn, after that will see.

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

Originally posted by FlawSGI

Not to mention there have been polls put forth on this site that indicated a nice spread. I am just to lazy to search through all the GW2 threads to find the link for you.

Charr is actually the least "most popular" on this site.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/335286/POLL-Fans-OF-Guild-Wars-2-What-is-your-Race-Pt2-Mod-Edit.html

However, the Asura are the least favorite.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/336117/Least-Favorite-ClassRace-2-Polls.html

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007