Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game will give GW2 run for its money

Comments

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I haven't said one word about Guild Wars 2.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by rexzshadow

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

"Obviously you never even bother looking at the game one bit so stop predicting how this game will go and go predict the lottery or something."

What a rube.

I've been watching TERA videos for ages now.  Its just a run of the mill quest window mmorpg.  I don't know why this upsets people so much.

Oe rite, cause those are lame and played out.

O right and i can say the exact same thing about GW2 combat is just yoru run of the mill lock on and press every single button you got game as well.

First of all Watching Tera video doesn't feel anything like playing it when you have full control. and second how much quest do you honestly do? so it makes lvling all the more interesting but we all know with in 1-2month your done with it and is cap and be focus on farming or pvp and what play a key part in that? good combat system.

Seriously if game is good or bad can be told from just watching videos than why bother even having betas, game company post a billion youtube videos because obviously people can tell exactly how good the game is and every aspect of the game from videos.

Lol rexz he didn't say nothing about GW 2, and GW 2 combat is very akin to Tera once you play it, only difference is you press 1 instead of left click and b instead of right click, I do hope I can bind it to the mouse though.

Though they do have the [option] for auto attack in GW 2. 

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by RizelStar

"Obviously you never even bother looking at the game one bit so stop predicting how this game will go and go predict the lottery or something."

What a rube.

I've been watching TERA videos for ages now.  Its just a run of the mill quest window mmorpg.  I don't know why this upsets people so much.

O right and i can say the exact same thing about GW2 combat is just yoru run of the mill lock on and press every single button you got game as well.

First of all Watching Tera video doesn't feel anything like playing it when you have full control. and second how much quest do you honestly do? so it makes lvling all the more interesting but we all know with in 1-2month your done with it and is cap and be focus on farming or pvp and what play a key part in that? good combat system.

Seriously if game is good or bad can be told from just watching videos than why bother even having betas, game company post a billion youtube videos because obviously people can tell exactly how good the game is and every aspect of the game from videos.

Lol rexz he didn't say nothing about GW 2, and GW 2 combat is very akin to Tera once you play it, only difference is you press 1 instead of left click and b instead of right click, I do hope I can bind it to the mouse though.

i'm simply using GW2 as an example because its not out yet. Point is watchingn lot of video doesn't give you any right to say if the game is good or not unless you play it. Video and game play is different period.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

What a rube.

i'm simply using GW2 as an example because its not out yet. Point is watchingn lot of video doesn't give you any right to say if the game is good or not unless you play it. Video and game play is different period.

Sorry, bud.

But I think videos are a fantastic expression of how the game is.  I think playing a game is a different experience.  But a video is what gets me to the play stage or doesn't get me there.

At least, until Tera goes free to play. I'll try it then.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

What a rube.

Yea that's true though, most can get aa pretty good idea from videos, atleast how the lay out is and objectives, but playing does help determine it a whole lot.

Like it is true that the quest system isn't different but when playing it you do tend to forget that it is a typical quest system, which isn't bad because least it's the gameplay you know?

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135

Seriously do some research on the game before you fill your post with made up crap . The combat is slow you can't move when using skills blah blah all of this changes as you advance through the game .....

I dont think iv played any MMORPG where the combat is the same at the start as it is at endgame ...

I won't ramble on tho its pointless and falls on deaf ears. Ill enjoy Tera and play Gw2 when i need a rest from PvP that requires some degree of skill.

• gaugemewgaugemew Member Posts: 158

GW2 and Tera are designed for different crowds.  Assuming Tera doesn't give into the casual QQ rabble when pvp goes live, the games will not compete against each other.

• sketchy_sketchy_ Member UncommonPosts: 137

I was really hyped about GW2 for a looong time; PvE that might be interesting, server vs server battles, B2P etc etc.

But then I got to try TERA now last weekend and I was glued to my chair. I used to check for GW2 updates every single day but now I couldn't care less about it to be honest. Had so much fun with the combat and dueling (waiting for proper pvp/pk) in TERA.

Also started to think a bit about the things I was hyped about with GW2...

Dynamic events - Cool stuff, but will I care? Probably not will just rush the levels like I always do in the end.

3-ways server PvP - Also nice idea but what if I don't want to be "friends" with all on my server... maybe I wanna destroy that muppet hunting mobs next to me because he annoys the hell out of me. No you get to fight by his side in the Mist... YAY. At least in TERA I can kick his ass over and over again :D.

B2P - Yes no monthly fee. But I would probably end up buying some fluff stuff from item mall (or what you wanna call it). Then the expansions will cost. So is it really that cheap? :)

I got my mmo fix from TERA now and I doubt GW2 will change that. Not that I think it will have any impact on the success on GW2. But for ME it did (and I only did 22 levels so far).

"If I had a d*ck, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing... Let's kill people."

What a rube.

Sorry, bud.

But I think videos are a fantastic expression of how the game is.  I think playing a game is a different experience.  But a video is what gets me to the play stage or doesn't get me there.

At least, until Tera goes free to play. I'll try it then.

well have fun waiting and probbly never see you.

Originally posted by gaugemew

GW2 and Tera are designed for different crowds.  Assuming Tera doesn't give into the casual QQ rabble when pvp goes live, the games will not compete against each other.

Not an issue because there is pvp and pve server so no real conflic there

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Gary and his cast on Gamebreaker just said publicly they think the game will be F2P in six months. Ouch...

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

Originally posted by FlawSGI

I will definately be waiting for a free trial before I play Tera.

Open beta will be the same as a trial since they aren't whiping characters until some time after launch.  If you like TERA after the open beta you can preorder to get into head start or wait until launch and your characters will be there.

I know anyone can post anything within TOS here but honestly if you have no basis for assumptions please go slander somewhere else.  Your favorite game of choice probably has a forum here too and they miss you.

Actually it wasn't a slander at all and someone seems a little touchy. Actually no open beta is not the same because I would like to give the game a fair shot and to do that I would need to wait a bit untill some of the early bugs have been ironed out. If I were to jump into the game during open beta I would probably wind up never trying it at all because as I stated, from what I know and have seen of the game it isn't one I absolutle must play. Take a deep breath and realize that not everyone is going to like your game and not everyone who says they intend to wait is slandering the game. Sheesh. It's not like I was making uninformed claims or bashing the game. 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

Originally posted by Bunks

Gary and his cast on Gamebreaker just said publicly they think the game will be F2P in six months. Ouch...

Interesting well i got something to look foward to in nov now.

Btw can you post a link?

• SpezzSpezz Member Posts: 141

From henceforth Tera shall be knows as Tara and she flicks people in the eye with her hair.

• vierklauwvierklauw Member UncommonPosts: 27

about gw2 in the videos i´ve seen nothing new or special graphic are good but there will be alot games with better

gameplay style: old targetting one  quest and story we shall see when its come out  

can not see anything in the videos can only judge a game when you try

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Why does one wish that one game will kill the other? Why does this occur especially on MMOs and FPSs in the last years?

There is no need for competition, when it comes to be a consumer. Developers compete between each other. But since when do gamers in order what game "is better"? There is no meaning for it.

People like game a) and people like game b) - people will play game a) and other people will play game b) - why should game a) stomp game b) to the ground?

W.h.y.? Because someone actually believe to be "something special" or even "priveleged" to play one game - which is just a matter of INDIVIDUAL TASTE in the end.

Both will have its merits. You are not "cooler" if you play the game with a subscriber base of fictional +1 more gamer then the other...

Please, think... This makes no sense.

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by Bunks

Interesting well i got something to look foward to in nov now.

Btw can you post a link?

Cant see it now, it was live streamed. But he will have it up by tomorrow afternoon as usual here :

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    Oops, sorry SGI, the second part was not in reference to you. I rushed the post so it looked like it was. Many apologies.

Of course everyone is going to like different games. Some, not you hehe, just like to troll.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

TERA I think will do quite well here in the west. It will probably burry Aion and replace it as "the eastern AAA MMO" of choice. But we are talking under 500k subs at best.

That said I intend to sub to it and buy GW2. Only one subscription fee!

But  GW2 will have way way way more numbers then TERA. No matter how good a game TERA is or how rocky the GW2 launch is. 

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

25 page long thread, I keep seeing it pop up, so I figured I'd throw in my three cents.  I'm rich, I can afford the extra one. 

There's gonna be a load of MMOs coming out in the next year it seems, all of which have a chance to give one another a "run for the money".  May the best game win.  Or at least stay afloat long enough to get a belt sander and smooth out the inevitable rough edges.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    I can't look at that Gamebreaker footage now but I hope they are not making claims like that about a game still in beta. Yes, the game has been in Korea for a year but there are a lot of updates coming on that end and the NA client used in CBT1 wasn't even the most current.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

I can't look at that Gamebreaker footage now but I hope they are not making claims like that about a game still in beta. Yes, the game has been in Korea for a year but there are a lot of updates coming on that end and the NA client used in CBT1 wasn't even the most current.

This has nothing to do with your post, but man, I love the hell outta your sig.image

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

The main guy at GameBreakerTV basically said to 1200 watching that this is nothing more than a F2P game, he only played to level 11 and was complaining about not being able to shoot while jumping while having no idea how that pertains to the games mechanics. On top of that his main complaint was just quests, that's basically all he complained about, besides the whole jumping thing. It was brutal, anyone who played TERA in there was really upset, but if we voiced ourselves, yeah GBTV's fans would call us fanboys, while they were busy worshipping GW2, a game they haven't even played.

Whatever.

• GodwalkerGodwalker Member Posts: 21

I'll make a toon on WoW to level 11 and tell you guy show much WoW sucks.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by Pivotelite

The main guy at GameBreakerTV basically said to 1200 watching that this is nothing more than a F2P game, he only played to level 11 and was complaining about not being able to shoot while jumping while having no idea how that pertains to the games mechanics. On top of that his main complaint was just quests, that's basically all he complained about, besides the whole jumping thing. It was brutal, anyone who played TERA in there was really upset, but if we voiced ourselves, yeah GBTV's fans would call us fanboys, while they were busy worshipping GW2, a game they haven't even played.

Whatever.

I didn't watch the GameBreakerTV stream, I don't really follow that website but if the guy was complaining about quests, I can't help but agree with him. The quests in TERA are absolutely atrocious. Most of them are uninspired kill quests that task you with killing the same versions of the mobs you've been killing since level 1.

Combat and graphics in TERA are great but sadly they are the only thing this game has going for it.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Oops, sorry SGI, the second part was not in reference to you. I rushed the post so it looked like it was. Many apologies.

Of course everyone is going to like different games. Some, not you hehe, just like to troll.

Well TY sir for clearing that up. I haven't posted in the Tera forums much so I wasn't sure if maybe you guys were getting troll posts as bad as some of the other threads and I assumed that was the case anyways. I rank Tera right up there with TSW in terms of games I have followed enough and hope they are successful enough and bring something different to the genre. Anything different would be nice right now.

But after being burned by AOC, Aion, then Rift all in a row, I am finding myself wanting to be ccareful with any MMO designed around a sub payment model because I don't rush through content and I do like to feel like I have seen enough of a game to decide if I am staying for the payments start in. Also like to add when I buy a game I always have to buy copies for myself and  for the wife so thats $120 and some change on box and $30 a month in subs. I try to be careful these days with games and I know GW2 is a safe buy on the B2P model alone. Not a knock on Tera, just a knock on the sub model in general when you look at the required time necessary to dive into content in MMO's and for me (casual) that winds up with me barely scratching the surfaces before the bill rolls in. I become pretty hardcore when the game is interesting enough to keep me entertained but I haven't felt that in a long time.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.