Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: First Beta Weekend Upcoming (EU)

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Frogster has announced that TERA will kick off its first beta weekend for European players. From February 17th to the 19th, up to a thousand winners of beta keys and all pre-order customers will be able to take the game out for a spin.

Two character slots invite the participants to explore the races of TERA and to prove their skills in thrilling battles up to level 22. For the first time guilds can now fight each other on a PvP server that also offers an outlaw mission in the town Velika to all unfearful adventurers.

Secure your spot in the weekend's event by pre-ordering TERA (EU).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Do we who have the preview keys and had access to the game last weekend have access to the beta as well?

And no way I am pre ordering anything until I played it some more, I plan to do that after the beta. Preordering to get access to a beta was what made the STO forum a flamers paradise when it launched. Not that I compare those games otherwise though, but I like to know if a MMO is worth my time before buying it.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

So its true that the outlaw mission is from lvl 11 now???!!! This could be the biggest thing to happen to open world pvp in years.

As to pre-ordering, the sneak weak keys don't cover the beta weekends. The 5 euro pre-order deal is by far the best deal in the mmo world right now, with all beta weekends and headstart to test the game, you will know whether its for you and have had a lot of play with the combat for that 5 euro.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Originally posted by Loke666

Do we who have the preview keys and had access to the game last weekend have access to the beta as well?

And no way I am pre ordering anything until I played it some more, I plan to do that after the beta. Preordering to get access to a beta was what made the STO forum a flamers paradise when it launched. Not that I compare those games otherwise though, but I like to know if a MMO is worth my time before buying it.

I am holding my fingers crossed.

Anyway - patch is over 7gig download....so, just heads up

• ololuluololulu Member UncommonPosts: 164

For me the problem is that i only have C drive for windows and even if i download and run tera downloader on D drive, it says not enough space.

D drive has 500GB free, C has only 15 GB so i guess its trying to download on C drive.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Originally posted by ololulu

For me the problem is that i only have C drive for windows and even if i download and run tera downloader on D drive, it says not enough space.

D drive has 500GB free, C has only 15 GB so i guess its trying to download on C drive.

I'm not too sure but i think the option to change drive is on the intial Tera setup exe,but my client is definately not on C:

p>

Yes reinstalled a few times and now it started downloadig patch, it downloads for 10 seconds then when its about to apply patch it crashes, restarts, downloads 5 seconds, applying patch andf crashes.

There is no error.

The cycle keeps going and folder isn't going any bigger.

Seems like the working exe is in TERA-Launcher.exe.update.partial folder.

• ComplicationComplication Member Posts: 209

the EU preorder is cool. pay 6.66 dollars to have access to all beta events. that isnt much money at all to get to play the game and decide wether you want to preorder completely or not.

the US version doesnt even have that deal which i think is a mistake.

good job frogster for this deal. cant wait to beta test it

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

sorry but we can preorder for 5$ from gamestop and amazon online and get in our betas cheaper then you :P Also...Frogster is so garbage. Sucks to be EU haha! US FTW

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Lobotomist

I am holding my fingers crossed.

Anyway - patch is over 7gig download....so, just heads up

Presumbaly the high res textures everyone is talking about.

I'm wondering whether to play US or EU (I'm located in the EU). Frogstar are not one of me favourite companies. For example there was some confusion with keys for beta/headstart  they are only available from a small subset of suppliers. Anyone know if the US servers are East Coast and whether they plan IP blocking?

I'm assuming the clients are quite different too or is there just a server list file somewhere?