Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Typical MMO gamer reaction :

k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

(Just replace "Tortellini" with any announced MMO game feature)

edit (02/20/2012) : GW2 beta embargo is lifted, I can already feel hordes of Tortellini haters approaching ...

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

Comments

• MacroHardMacroHard Member Posts: 104

Are you insinuating that the majority of the MMO community are nothing more than whiny, bratty children who criticize things MMOs offer before completely understanding what it is they react to?

*O and Calvin and Hobbes rox sox.

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by MacroHard

Are you insinuating that the majority of the MMO community are nothing more than whiny, bratty children who criticize things MMOs offer before completely understanding what it is they react to?

I will second that and go so far to say a majoirty of the people who post here simply do not play MMOs.  They only play them on the forums.  They hype games up in their minds and on the forums but once they actually play them they don't have the patience or attention span to play a MMO.  So they quickly end up hating the game they hyped and move on to hyping another game which they will soon dislike.

These players have no idea what they want in a MMO or even how to play a MMO.  They are pretend players and they dominate these forums.  They have helped dumb down games as companies have tried to make games accessible and apealing to them.  But they don't have the attention span to last more than a month or two in any game.  The only thing are good for is box sales.  They help fund games so real players can actually play them.

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

Originally posted by Zippy

I will second that and go so far to say a majoirty of the people who post here simply do not play MMOs.  They only play them on the forums.  They hype games up in their mind s and on the forums but once they actually play them they don't have the patience or attantion span to play a MMO.  so they quickly end up hating the game they hyped and move on to hyping another game which they will soon dislike.

These players have no idea what they want in a MMO or even how to play a MMO.  They are pretend players and they dominate these forums.  They have helped dumb down games as companies have tried to make games accessible and apealing to them.  But they don't have the attention span to last mroe than a month or two in any game.  The only thing are good for is box sales.  They help fund games so real players can actually play them.

You're not a people person are you.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I love people. They taste like chicken.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Member Posts: 1,214

I will second that and go so far to say a majoirty of the people who post here simply do not play MMOs.  They only play them on the forums.  They hype games up in their mind s and on the forums but once they actually play them they don't have the patience or attantion span to play a MMO.  so they quickly end up hating the game they hyped and move on to hyping another game which they will soon dislike.

These players have no idea what they want in a MMO or even how to play a MMO.  They are pretend players and they dominate these forums.  They have helped dumb down games as companies have tried to make games accessible and apealing to them.  But they don't have the attention span to last mroe than a month or two in any game.  The only thing are good for is box sales.  They help fund games so real players can actually play them.

You have become better at ignorance! (94)

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

I play a game just long enough to make a dicsion not to play it for X reasons which makes me an expert on the subject what ever the game is.

In the past couple of years games have been made easier and easier which in my view kills the social aspect of an MMO. Why people are willing to pay a sub to play an online game solo is beyond me. I'm more of a social gammer and have found most games latly to be lacking in the social arena.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

I get you OP

hes trying to say that people read about something from someone who dislikes it, then sees another person dislike it, and the reader automatically decides they are going to dislike it without even knowing what it truly is.

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

Originally posted by 77lolmac77

I get you OP

hes trying to say that people read about something from someone who dislikes it, then sees another person dislike it, and the reader automatically decides they are going to dislike it without even knowing what it truly is.

Yes exactly :-) The famous hate bandwagon ^^

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• BilboDogginsBilboDoggins Member Posts: 198

I hate ToRtalinni!  Its just Ravoili only not as good! Plus ToRtallini is undercooked and stale.  The only reason people eat ToRtellina is because its made by the biggest brand name in the noodle industry and its advertised everywhere and most stores dont sell anything other than different types of ToRtellina which sucks.

Honestly I'm not really into stuffed pastas like Tortellina and Ravioli. I prefer to buy a the ingredients and make my own pasta and then put all kinds of tasty things like pesto sauce and italian sausage on it.  It takes longer and is harder to do but man is it ever more tasty and rewarding.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

The other half are the type screaming "Escargo! I love that stuff its going to be the best dish ever! Nothing could ever be so good!" All just judging it based off the 'look' of it without actually tasting it.

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Originally posted by TruthXHurts

Rofl! Awesome line :D
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

Pork actually.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by Purutzil

The other half are the type screaming "Escargo! I love that stuff its going to be the best dish ever! Nothing could ever be so good!" All just judging it based off the 'look' of it without actually tasting it.

Escargot is awesome!  It just looks scary.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by 77lolmac77

I get you OP

Wow you got that from that picture? Care to explain how? It lost me, if that's the meaning of the OP's picture.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by k-damage

(Just replace "Tortellini" with any announced MMO game feature)

Just replace "Tortellini" with TOR :)

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

I will second that and go so far to say a majoirty of the people who post here simply do not play MMOs.  They only play them on the forums.  They hype games up in their minds and on the forums but once they actually play them they don't have the patience or attention span to play a MMO.  So they quickly end up hating the game they hyped and move on to hyping another game which they will soon dislike.

These players have no idea what they want in a MMO or even how to play a MMO.  They are pretend players and they dominate these forums.  They have helped dumb down games as companies have tried to make games accessible and apealing to them.  But they don't have the attention span to last more than a month or two in any game.  The only thing are good for is box sales.  They help fund games so real players can actually play them.

I completely agree

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

I wish I could find the article that basically said 'Developers should listen to the community. However they should listen to the right part of the community. A problem we commonly see is developers changing the game to suit the small but loud part of the community and not adressing the heart of the problem itself.'

People really don't know what they want. XD

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by blondeh

I completely agree

Looks like at least 2 or 3 people have no idea what sort of person actually inhabits the MMORPG forums.

It most certainly isn't the casual, let's simplify MMORPG crowd, that's for sure.

It's disingenious to say that one has to know "everything" about a game to know whether they are going to like it or not.  By simply knowing a few key features you can likely predict your level of enjoyment. 

In my case, standard theme parks with gear grinding end games have really lost their appeal to me.  Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the ride on most theme parks (the leveling) but once I get to the finale I lose interest. 

Make a MMO with an endgame more like DAOC or even Lineage 1/2 and I'll likely enjoy the title more.

And I can tell you this without every having learned much more about a game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kiiixkiiix Member Posts: 93

I could not agree more.

That one in a million Anime loving,Workout crazy, Gamer.
    KiX0@Steam/Raptr

• BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon Member Posts: 205

When you buy a product, let’s say headphones - you look at the product information on the seller site to see if it matches what you’re after (surround sound, noise cancelling + others) and then search for reviews based on real customer experience. 

---- these reviews we can associate with as a good product and will look at purchasing ----

(MMO player experience from actually playing the game)

• "Love this product, owned and used for 3 months for running, the sound is amazing"

• "Great headphones, only issue is the ear bud can fall off during skydiving"

• "Owned them for 3 months and the left ear began to crackle"

---- This are reviews we simply ignore as they have no legs to stand on ----

(Without playing an MMO simple hatemongering should be dismissed all together)

• "I will never buy these headphones because I hate them - they are everything I hate in headphones"

• "Worst headphones ever!! I have not tried them yet but they are terrible"

So many posts have cropped up with massive hate thrown towards the tobereleased titles! If you have played TOR and disliked it, your allowed to say it as you have your own experience and are allowed to voice that concern to others.. But Guild Wars 2/TSW + many others to come will be bashed by people with no clue at all... lets just ignore their posts and focus on real experience reviews.. :D

All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by blondeh

I completely agree

Looks like at least 2 or 3 people have no idea what sort of person actually inhabits the MMORPG forums.

It most certainly isn't the casual, let's simplify MMORPG crowd, that's for sure.

It's disingenious to say that one has to know "everything" about a game to know whether they are going to like it or not.  By simply knowing a few key features you can likely predict your level of enjoyment. 

In my case, standard theme parks with gear grinding end games have really lost their appeal to me.  Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the ride on most theme parks (the leveling) but once I get to the finale I lose interest. 

Make a MMO with an endgame more like DAOC or even Lineage 1/2 and I'll likely enjoy the title more.

And I can tell you this without every having learned much more about a game.

Kyleran your part of the minority now mate. Years ago I enjoyed a good debate or convo on this website with people that  played mmos before the themepark craze and could appreciate the benifits and downfalls of themeparks, sandboxes and other types of mmo design and gameplay.

The crowd here has changed. You only need to read the hundreds of SWTOR threads and other pointless bashing threads targeting games that arnt released or people have never played.  Yes I play SWTOR and enojoy it. I can see its good and bad points. 

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

I'm bumping this thread as hordes of Tortellini haters are approaching with Guild Wars 2 beta unveil :p