Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battlestar Galactica Online: First Impressions with Ripper X

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Ripper X heads into the universe of Battlestar Galactica Online for some absolute fun and excitement! See what he thinks in the latest of our "first impressions" videos. Check out Battlestar Galactica Online: First Impressions with Ripper X and then let us know what you think!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ardienardien Member Posts: 4

Please stop talking...

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

the game takes the pay to win formula to its maximum setting.

Avoid this game at all costs (mostly your wallet) they prey on flaming, hatred between players, and outright pysch ops to get you to spend cash for revenge. They dont call their payed ammo "rage tips" for nothing.

Bigpoint should be brought up on charges for fraud, scams, and bad game development :)

• FreeBooteRFreeBooteR Member Posts: 333

Big mistake modeling the game after the new series. Couldn't watch it it was so bad.

Archlinux ftw

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884

Thanks for the demo, Ripper X.  Amusing as ever.

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589

I agree with Ardien, if you take every bad hospital radio jockey, then add every bad commercial radio DJ blend them together, condense and distill, then add cheese, you still could not get as annoying as that voice.........

Now for Battlestar, if I was to add EA and Atari and Sony,s Smedly it a pot, blend them, condense them and distill I still wouldnt get a big of a pay to win ripp off BS game as this, so the presenter of this piece and the subject  are well linked by birth.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Originally posted by FreeBooteR

Big mistake modeling the game after the new series. Couldn't watch it it was so bad.

um roflsauce wut?

• LentechLentech Member Posts: 119

Switch to De-caff

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

I appreciate the video through the tutorial mission.  But please please please do NOT say you are a big fan of it when you cannot pronounce the word Cylon and DRADIS.  It is Draedis for the pronounciation. 

And please never mix up different sci-fi IPs , it is just not cool and may invoke nerd rage from others.

• HatewallHatewall Member Posts: 120

SB, you are doing your community here at mmorpg.com a huge disservice by promoting this company.

BGO has been around a long time now and the developers have succeeded in running everyone off. I see a class action in Bigpoints near future.

• ExpiryExpiry Member UncommonPosts: 76

Yes, He is REALLY bad. I cant beleive they have this idiot doing this on so many games, bad idea.

• cdesteycdestey Member Posts: 70

aaaaaaand mute...

• NivezNivez Member Posts: 93

haters gonna hate, i find ripper to be amusing.

Originally posted by Hatewall

SB, you are doing your community here at mmorpg.com a huge disservice by promoting this company.

BGO has been around a long time now and the developers have succeeded in running everyone off. I see a class action in Bigpoints near future.

already under way as far as I know

• HatewallHatewall Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by Bunks

Bunks, you were on Scorpio?

Originally posted by Bunks

Bunks, you were on Scorpio?

yep, 13th

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Ripper X, "100 xp. Thats epic"

I just choked on my Starbucks.  **wipes up keyboard** :P

• semajinsemajin Member UncommonPosts: 47

I hate to put someone on blast who is just trying to do his job, but I think Ripper may want to take a few broadcast classes before he continues to make these videos. The whole persona he assumes, the voice, the terrible little cheesy quips and the fact that he obviously does zero research in to the IP he is reviewing. More mistakes in 2 minutes about the Battlestar Galactica universe than I would like to remember, and after saying he was a fan. Pretty disingenuous and fake.

Doc

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Nice humor again, I like Ripper X with his natural voice.

All I remember of Battlestar Galactica were names like Adama, Apollo, Pegasus... thanks for reminding me on Starbuck. :)

• kinikukiniku Member Posts: 53

Nice first impressions video as usual Ripper.   Don't let the pizza nerds get to you. 

• tyrannistyrannis Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by adam_nox

Originally posted by FreeBooteR

um roflsauce wut?

I know right. Guess he was watching re-runs of Three's Company. 

##Best SWTOR of 2011
    Posted by I_Return - SWTOR - "Forget the UI the characters and all ofhe nitpicking bullshit" "Greatest MMO Ever Created"

##Fail Thread Title of 2011
    Originally posted by daveospice
    "this game looks like crap?"

• BLueBEarBLueBEar Member Posts: 242

Originally posted by SBFord
    Ripper X heads into the universe of Battlestar Galactica Online for some absolute fun and excitement! See what he thinks in the latest of our "first impressions" videos. Check out Battlestar Galactica Online: First Impressions with Ripper X and then let us know what you think! image

He's not as annoying as Omer from mmohut.com, see Omer's review here and you'll understand.

Oh my got!!!
    i neber see a graphic of this before,
    i neber p2p any game before, but this game i must!

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Originally posted by BLueBEar

Originally posted by SBFord

Ripper X heads into the universe of Battlestar Galactica Online for some absolute fun and excitement! See what he thinks in the latest of our "first impressions" videos. Check out Battlestar Galactica Online: First Impressions with Ripper X and then let us know what you think!

He's not as annoying as Omer from mmohut.com, see Omer's review here and you'll understand.

He is a pro, you don't know what you're talkign about. He's reviews get the most views on youtube.

• valiumcoffeevaliumcoffee Member Posts: 3
    I made an account just so I could flame this guy lol!! Is this guy for real ? Is this some kind of persona that he plays at or what? Not only does he sound like a complete jackass his information is terrible. Starbucks !! The guy makes a joke of himself every other word. Talk about annoying, terrible sense of just about everything. So much, in fact, that I actually feel sorry for the guy. Here's a hint, read some self help books. Take some classes on being cool. Watch Saves by the Bell and take hints for Zack Morris. For Gods sake anything. Just dont do anymore reviews until you fix yourself.
  • valiumcoffeevaliumcoffee Member Posts: 3
    I made an account just so I could flame this guy lol!! Is this guy for real ? Is this some kind of persona that he plays at or what? Not only does he sound like a complete jackass his information is terrible. Starbucks !! The guy makes a joke of himself every other word. Talk about annoying, terrible sense of just about everything. So much, in fact, that I actually feel sorry for the guy. Here's a hint, read some self help books. Take some classes on being cool. Watch Saves by the Bell and take hints for Zack Morris. For Gods sake anything. Just dont do anymore reviews until you fix yourself.
  • SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326

Originally posted by semajin

I hate to put someone on blast who is just trying to do his job, but I think Ripper may want to take a few broadcast classes before he continues to make these videos. The whole persona he assumes, the voice, the terrible little cheesy quips and the fact that he obviously does zero research in to the IP he is reviewing. More mistakes in 2 minutes about the Battlestar Galactica universe than I would like to remember, and after saying he was a fan. Pretty disingenuous and fake.

Indeed. Seriously if you try to fake "dumb idiot review" thing please try do it well. Everything is so fake and unfunny all time. Your voice acting gets annoying after few sec since it so tediously faked. If I had to listen stuff like this on real radio I would probaply throw whole radio out, it's so bad.