Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Name your favorite PC game?

Comments

• GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262

Heroes of might and magic 3 . I still have all 5 but liked 3 the most.

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

Diablo 2 without doubt.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

But there are so many!!! :)

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Originally posted by JenaSandress

Hi all,

My favorite pc game is CS 1.6 it’s an excellence game with many excitements and I have enjoyed it. How about yours?

CS 1.6 is a fantastic choice. Definitely the best FPS multiplayer that has ever existed...the one requiring the most skill and intelligence to be good at. (to other people - please don't derail this thread into an argument over my opinion about CS). CS 1.6 is easily in my top 10.

My personal favorite games are probably The Neverhood and Grim Fandango. There are so many honorable mentions, like A Link to the Past, Morrowind, Monkey Island games, Civilization 2 and 4, maybe even a Super Mario Kart game. The list could go on and on.

If Rome Total War (or any total war game) had even a remotely decent AI, then it would make my top 3. Alas, the AI is always very terrible, and giving the computer morale bonuses and giving yourself penalties on the campaign map and on the battlefield isn't a fun way of making the game more challenging.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Based on hours played probably something like:

Diablo 2

WOW

Unreal Tournament (first one)

Quake

The most fun I've ever had though are TWCTF clan matches (with coworkers) for Quake 1 and Domination clan matches for Unreal Tournament.  I abandoned FPS games after they released the UT sequel without the classic domination playstyle.  I hated counter strike for Half Life.  I then started playing D2 a lot until WOW came out.

Before owning a PC I had a C64 and played Microleague Baseball a LOT.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

HoMM 1-3 and Civ.  Unfortunately - both kept putting out more and more games long after the franchise was 'tired' :(

• Kaisen_DexxKaisen_Dexx Member UncommonPosts: 326

Even though I've not played it in a long while, Arcanum.

• DraxonflyDraxonfly Member UncommonPosts: 126

Max Payne  (1 &2 and hopefully 3)

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Civilization

after that I'd say Deus Ex (the first one)

• RabiatorRabiator Member Posts: 358

Based on how much time I spent in it, probably Day Of Defeat (1.x and DOD:Source counted as one, since DOD:Source is mostly a graphics upgrade).

Second place actually goes to a MMO: Eve Online.

Also worth mentioning: Civilisation II and X3 Terran Conflict.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

SRPG: Gothic 2

MMO: Mortal Online

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

Favorite Current PC game: Skyrim

Favorite Series up to now: Hitman 47. (Really looking forward to the new one this year. Redemption, I think?)

Favorite MMO's: DCUO, EQ, Eve

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

Can't pick just one:

Ultima 5, Wizardry 8, Sid Meier's Pirates,  Doom 2, Mount and Blade: Warband, EVE, Homeworld

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• ThaneSolusThaneSolus Member Posts: 32

Mount and Blade Warband with mods, Deus Ex 1, Battlezone 1, Xcom 1 and Apocalypse, Kotor 1, Warhammer Online, EVE Online, Mass Effect 1, Warhammer 40k - Dark Crusade, Witcher 1-2, Risen, Space Rangers 2, Max Payne 1.

Thats all i have now:P

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

EQ, DAoC, ME1, X3, Wizards and Warriors, FFVII, CIV3, SimCity2000, FEAR, Shadowbane and any Elders Scroll game.

Edit: Colony Wars.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Anarchy Online.

aside from that..

Syndicate

Fallout

Baldur's Gate

Under A Killing Moon

NHL93

Star Wars - Rebellion

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Think I'd have to go with Never Winter Nights...Hordes of the Underdark XPAC.  I spent ridiculous amounts of time creating weird characters and trying to play through all three expansions with them.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

X-Com (aka UFO: Enemy Unknown).

System Shock 2 is a close second.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

EQ2,Heroes of Might & Magic 2-4 (not 5 + they are shizzle.went for graphics and forgot about gameplay=tiny worlds where you see enimies in the first week!)Civilization 1-3 (not 4 + same reason as Heroes)

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

OMG what a totally impossible question, you guys have posted some really good ones though.

So many games and honestly every game I've ever played had at least one thing about it that was awesome.

Just wish someone would one day have the brains to take all those 1 awesome things and put them into 1 awesome game!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

In order:

Morrowind

Neverwinter Nights

Masters of Orion II

Skyrim

Oblivion

Galactic Civilizations

Lineage 2

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

HOPEFULLY Mass Effect 3 :D but seriously, I can't name a fave.  There have been so many games I've really loved.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• PoufPouf Member Posts: 341

The game i played and replayed soo much and loved each time was Space quest 5

otherwise

Starcraft 1 

Diablo 2

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

For me it would have to be DAoC & Diablo 1 and 2.

I spent more time in those games than should be legally allowed.