Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Functional test on Thursday & new client patch - EU-TERA

NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

We’ll run another functional test on Thursday from 20:00 / 8 pm CET/GMT+1 to 22:00 / 10 pm CET/GMT+1. This additional test is necessary to verify the client patch and changes to the account management system. With this test we want to ensure a proper launch of CBT 1 during this weekend.

The account management system is now available again and you’ll be able to download a new patch at the size of 7 GB. As this is a functional test, we’ll wipe all characters before and after this test. If we run into bigger problems during this short test, we might shut down the server and we won’t re-open it again until CBT 1.

The level cap will be at 22, but you’ll have 8 character slots for this test. We encourage you to test out any race and class combination during this session. This test will be held on 1 server.

Everyone with a sneak peek, pre-order or CBT key will be able to participate at this test.

Source: https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=34666

Knock yourselves out.

Comments

• FaynthFaynth Member Posts: 237

Nice! Time to check out the rest of classes.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

That puts the client at30-31gigs...man with the next patch from Ktera it's going to hit 35+ before launch.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by Pivotelite

That puts the client at30-31gigs...man with the next patch from Ktera it's going to hit 35+ before launch.

I'll let you know how big my folder is in <30 minutes. Some files might simply get overridden? 

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

Just payed for the preorder, do I get a download link with the code in my email later or can I start my download already? Can't seem to find a link for it.

• darkcircuitdarkcircuit Member Posts: 211

The final folder size after patch is 23.6gb

Originally posted by Kuro1n

Just payed for the preorder, do I get a download link with the code in my email later or can I start my download already? Can't seem to find a link for it.

The download link will be in your account page.

The e-mail I got looked like this:

Please follow these steps in order to activate your TERA pre-order:

1.      Go to account.tera-europe.com

2.      Follow the on-screen instructions to create an account, or log in using your existing account

3.      Click on the ‘Enter Code’ button

4.      Enter your pre-order code

Oh well... :<

Guess I will have to suffer for a while then if I understood it correctly and the servers are up... (? O.o)

EDIT: Anyone know if it's possible to update from the korean client?

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by darkcircuit

Maybe you're thinking of NA version, after HD textures pack that is the NA clients size but EU was that big before we get this patch, which was just announced like an hour ago.

I doubt they are completely overwritting everything...because when I explored I did notice many places had no NPC's or mobs yet.

My folder says 31.8gigs, is that the estimated finished size or something?

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Meh, 2 hours max. I won´t even hit the Tainted Grove in time.

23.6GB is the size of the final EU download, not NA, EU. I just finished downloading it

Maybe you're thinking of NA version, after HD textures pack that is the NA clients size but EU was that big before we get this patch, which was just announced like an hour ago.

I doubt they are completely overwritting everything...because when I explored I did notice many places had no NPC's or mobs yet.

I'm seeing 31.7 and 10 minutes to go on the download image

Size on disk says differently: 28.7.

Originally posted by NBlitz

I'm seeing 31.7 and 10 minutes to go on the download image

Size on disk says differently: 28.7.

Maybe cos you guys are updating an old version you are looking at uncompressed textures contributing to the inflated size. I have just installed the game for the first time and I had the game running up till the server selection screen so I have definatelly fully downloaded the game (closed the patcher and re-opened it to ensure it had fully patched [also saw EU news so I'm definately using the EU client]).

23.6GB is the size of the final EU download, not NA, EU. I just finished downloading it

It applied the patch and now the folder is 23.6 as well image

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Nice, 8 character limit.  Now maybe people can test out more than 1 or 2 characters this time.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Might be a good opportunity to see just how fast you can power lvl through island of dawn, even take bets on times? I think you could do it in 1hr 30m after practice.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I have an SSD and wanted to install this one on my SSD as well. At some point it took over 30GB, not sure how much exactly.

I was running out of space and moved one game to another disk. Still not enough. I wanted to free up some space on my other disk to where I would move to the 18GB WOW folder from the SSD. The other disk was previously used as primary disk and still had program files on it. I wanted to delete that folder, and by doing that....I was deleting the program files from the primary C drive. How stupid, still don't know how much dmg I've done so far.

Meh...don't even know why I'm telling this, I want the world to witness my stupidness perhaps. It's a unique experience ;-)

Anyway, it seems to unpack and remove  stuff and at the end you end up with a reduced size.

I ended up with the same size as mentioned in this thread before.

Originally posted by jazz.be

I have an SSD and wanted to install this one on my SSD as well. At some point it took over 30GB, not sure how much exactly.

I was running out of space and moved one game to another disk. Still not enough. I wanted to free up some space on my other disk to where I would move to the 18GB WOW folder from the SSD. The other disk was previously used as primary disk and still had program files on it. I wanted to delete that folder, and by doing that....I was deleting the program files from the primary C drive. How stupid, still don't know how much dmg I've done so far.

Meh...don't even know why I'm telling this, I want the world to witness my stupidness perhaps. It's a unique experience ;-)

Anyway, it seems to unpack and remove  stuff and at the end you end up with a reduced size.

I ended up with the same size as mentioned in this thread before.

Oh really? : P

This was during the installation... afterwards it went down to about 24gb.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Remember this is only for the EU TERA and for those having time coversion issues this will start at 4pm EST