Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMORPG game can i play that uses a 360 controller?

punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

Can you plase help me

So far i have two but there has to be more*Or btter ones fro that matter lol*

FFXIV- I like it but there going to re start the game anyways so whats the point until 2.0

Dynasty warriors online--   It`s awesome but  will get old i am sure, like most of there games do after a while.

I wan`t to try EQ2 but it wont work whe i sign in, not  sure if i am doing somthing wrong.

It would be very awesme to play DAOC*A vet can dream cant he lol*

anyone have a idea?  or know how to get it to work would eb awesome also. I am new with useing a controller on a PC.

Comments

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

DC Universe.

I use a 360 controller for it and its a blast.

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768

Its not out yet but TERA has 360 functions built in

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

AoC is a good game for it, although there isn´t anything official there are semi official support for it at least and the mechanics of the game makes it easier than for games like wow.

the best choice however is probably tera. The combat system there makes it perfect for a 360 controller, relatively few skills but action styled combat. It is still in beta and will release in april but it is pretty easy to get a beta key that at least let you play every weekend until the release.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

Tera would be awesome and DC!! 

I will check both out, DC first since it`s free2play. Tera i had no idea about that and lie hat idea already hehe thakns ^_^

Edit: I was thinking about AOC but was not sure, bu since you confrimd it for me i will givce that a shot also. Thaks ^_^

You plug your 360 controller in and make sure its on before you start DC:U. 

Then when the game loads, its automatically setup and converted for it. It has little button icons made specifically for a 360 controller.

Its perfect.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

Thanks! I am downading DCU right kow, probly will be done tomorrow thou.

Right on. 

I had a lot of fun with it using a character that fought with a Staff.  Very badass animations and combos that are just perfect for a controller.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

not really an mmo, but i think u can use one in star trek online

black prophecy also has jostick/pad controls

Star Trek Online has support for a 360 controller, but it does not map the buttons by default and I couldn't for the life of me find a way to map the buttons how I felt they should be setup.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Good to know!  I get my new laptop rig next week.  Will definitely give DCUO a whirl... though Im secretly anticipating the Marvel Universe :-)

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Loke666

AoC is a good game for it, although there isn´t anything official there are semi official support for it at least and the mechanics of the game makes it easier than for games like wow.

the best choice however is probably tera. The combat system there makes it perfect for a 360 controller, relatively few skills but action styled combat. It is still in beta and will release in april but it is pretty easy to get a beta key that at least let you play every weekend until the release.

There's a big difference between having support and it being a good way to play. Of all the games i can think of that would be good to play with a controller AoC would be near the bottom of the list.

Yeah, so am I.

As I understand we get to play as the main characters from the comics, which is fine with me.  I'd dig some Wolverine gemaplay.

The Wolverine game on 360 that came out for the movie a few years ago was a damn fun game to play.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Vindictus and Dragons Nest.

I know i've played other's with one too, just can't remember..

Although personally I thought both of those games controlled better with a mouse/keyboard, the way you need to use skills on a controller is kind of annoying/hard to remember (usually a combination of multiple buttons to do a skill set in a certain hotbar slot), the same is true for any game with the large F1-12+ or 1-0+ skill bar setups.

DCUO on the otherhand works pretty good with a controller (on PS3 anyways, havn't played PC), it was definetly designed with consoles in mind.

• amberlewisamberlewis Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

DC Universe.

Ya i agree with your words.Because i also have 360 tera controller .It has so many best and advance features in it.I just love it.

Play free kids games for pc online. You can also download these games from here.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Something like XPadder will let you map keyboard shortcuts to a joybad (Xbox or otherwise).

Some games lend themselves better than others, like WoW - it would be possible, but you'd have to do some really arcane things to have access to all your abilities on a gamepad.

Vindictus is really fun on a gamepad - it's kinda like TERA-lite.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by punkrock

Can you plase help me

So far i have two but there has to be more*Or btter ones fro that matter lol*

FFXIV- I like it but there going to re start the game anyways so whats the point until 2.0

Dynasty warriors online--   It`s awesome but  will get old i am sure, like most of there games do after a while.

I wan`t to try EQ2 but it wont work whe i sign in, not  sure if i am doing somthing wrong.

It would be very awesme to play DAOC*A vet can dream cant he lol*

anyone have a idea?  or know how to get it to work would eb awesome also. I am new with useing a controller on a PC.

right now only DCUO is fun with xbox 360 controller (thats how i play it). Of course TERA  feels even better with the controller than DCUO but TERA is not out yet (thats how i play the beta also). Vindictus and Continent of the ninth seal are nice with controller too but they are just heavily instanced dungeon crawlers and thats not mmorpg..... Age of Conan would have been a great mmorpg with controller but it doesnt support it (maybe with some third party program).

Right now i would recommend DCUO. its pretty smooth and game is fun and packed with peeps. Just plug your 360 gamepad and have fun.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by amberlewis

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

DC Universe.

Ya i agree with your words.Because i also have 360 tera controller .It has so many best and advance features in it.I just love it.

I use the controller for both games too. I wish both DCUO and TERA supported the messenger kit for the 360 controller (the little keyboard attached to the bottom of the controller) so i dont have to get to the pc keyboard to chat in game. I dont know if they do support it this messenger kit but i read somewhere that microsoft didnt release drivers for DCUO :(

I hope they do for tera