Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cash shop info has been changed

ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960

Found this on GW2Guru.

Now:

Will there be micro-transactions or things to buy which don't come with the box, like character slots?

Yes, micro-transactions will exist. Be assured goods and items bought for cash in GW2 do not offer any advantage over those available in the game through the investment of time.

Previously:

Will there be micro-transactions or things to buy which don't come with the box, like character slots?

Yes, micro-transactions will exist. These will be cosmetic additions which will not affect balance or gameplay, similar to the transactions offered by Guild Wars.

Source:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/gw2-cash-shop-info-changes-t27513.html

Comments

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311

The meaning is the same it's just differently worded. All that statement is saying is that there will be cosmetics.. its just they won't have any STATS.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Sounds good to me!

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960

This statement clearly opens the door for selling of weapons, armor, traits, titles, and other things you obtain while playing the game.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by pacov

The meaning is the same it's just differently worded. All that statement is saying is that there will be cosmetics.. its just they won't have any STATS.

No advantage doesn't exactly mean no stats, they could just be equal to those you find in the field.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Originally posted by ice-vortex

This statement clearly opens the door for selling of weapons, armor, traits, titles, and other things you obtain while playing the game.

And judging by their past actions, do you think this is a realistic proposition?

Originally posted by Distopia

No advantage doesn't exactly mean no stats, they could just be equal to those you find in the field.

Which means like any F2P game.

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311

Nah they wouldn't do that mostly because they will have stones that transmute stats from one equipment to the other, so by giving cosmetic armor and weapons in the store, they will make more money since the player will also need to buy the stones in order to use the specific item in combat.

Originally posted by DJJazzy

And judging by their past actions, do you think this is a realistic proposition?

A single game is not enough to make any conclusion on a pattern ArenaNet has previously established. We know NCsoft has been making their games F2P though and their cash shops aren't mild.

• Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400

Or we could do the smart thing and you know....

Wait and see?

[Mod Edit]

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Ohhh boy....

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

Originally posted by Distopia

lol, is anyone surprised that this is being misrepresented and who it's being misrepresented by?

hey guild wars fans, you think you'll be playing GW2 6 weeks after launch?

Is this going to turn out like GW2Guru? Mountains out of molehills.

But in all seriousness, I look forward to paying extra money for gear in game where gear is the ultimate goal right? I mean surely I can own all of those non paying scrubs in pvp now since everything will be so unbalanced. If ArenaNet were smart they would make the pvp where everyone was on an equal footing.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by DJJazzy

Ok...and?

By the way, I read that Blizzard has put a new sparkle pony up for sale at $25 a pop.

Yeah, I have no issue with their wording either.  As long as anything I can buy in the store, I can also get through gameplay, I have no problems.

....and yes, Blizzard did release a new mount today.  Demand is outrageous for the Heart of the Aspect.  When I checked earlier there was a 30 000 person queue in the store to buy it.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

It says "...DON'T affect balance or gameplay". I'd assume traits, and weapons affect balance and gamplay.

This is not a game.

Originally posted by Eliandal

[Mod Edit]

Yeah, I have no issue with their wording either.  As long as anything I can buy in the store, I can also get through gameplay, I have no problems.

....and yes, Blizzard did release a new mount today.  Demand is outrageous for the Heart of the Aspect.  When I checked earlier there was a 30 000 person queue in the store to buy it.

You can get anything in the store in any f2p game.

• aguliondewaguliondew Member Posts: 95

Anyways I was expecting the cash shops to be similiar to Lol cash shop. You can either grind to get the hero/item or buy it. 

• alf2oooalf2ooo Member UncommonPosts: 139

Playing Guild Wars from launch I have no reason to believe i will not play anymore after 6 weeks in Guild Wars 2.

• Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400

Ok, well if the game turns out Pay to win don't play it? Seems fairly simple.

But considering this is a PvP centric game with things like esports in mind with server lists and such, I really can't see them selling power. That tends to run the major competitive crowd off.

Originally posted by Zeroxin

It says "...DON'T affect balance or gameplay". I'd assume traits, and weapons affect balance and gamplay.

You are forgetting the modifier "over those available in the game through the investment of time."

Meaning anything they sell in the cash shop won't be any more powerful than what you can get in game.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by alf2ooo

Playing Guild Wars from launch I have no reason to believe i will not play anymore after 6 weeks in Guild Wars 2.

ha ha that was a good one.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• vierklauwvierklauw Member UncommonPosts: 27

this is the reason of why I will not play gw2 b2p games become f2p with unbalanced shop  with time 

Originally posted by Axllow18

Ok, well if the game turns out Pay to win don't play it? Seems fairly simple.

But considering this is a PvP centric game with things like esports in mind with server lists and such, I really can't see them selling power. That tends to run the major competitive crowd off.

There is no way that can happen. Every player is bumped to max level with max level gear, skills, and traits. So purchasing items for pvp doesn't work.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Well I can see it being rewarded to shy aware from the Guild Wars part (not everyone knows about the game after all) but at the same times its possibly they might be seeking to sell more through cash shop. Either way I say just be a little cautious but also consider it doesn't nessisarily mean anything bad either.

• 17Omega17Omega Member Posts: 44

Seriously guys you need to calm down, we have no confirmation from the dev about this matter, all we can do now is wait until Martin, Eric or Rubi respond to this problem and clarify to us what is going to be in the microtransaction.

• alf2oooalf2ooo Member UncommonPosts: 139

Originally posted by RizelStar

Originally posted by alf2ooo

ha ha that was a good one.

Glad I entertained you.