Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In a Galaxy Never, Never again : Galaxy Shoes

it all started with shoes.

swtor had always been a nice place, except that there were a few too many shoe vendors in the major cities. the more shoe vendors there were, the more shoes were produced. the more shoes were produced, the lower the quality of the shoes. the lower the quality of the shoes, the more often people had to buy new shoes. the more often people had to buy new shoes, the more shoe vendors there were. eventually, swtor passed what economists call the 'SHOE EVENT HORIZON'  when it was no longer feasible to produce anything other than shoes. needless to say, disaster ensued. those few players with the correct genetic makeup mutated into Korean lolis. the rest died off.

Comments

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Someone please, say something SANE!

*clutches head and stomps it on desk*

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by CityHam

swtor had always been a nice place, except that there were a few too many shoe vendors in the major cities. the more shoe vendors there were, the more shoes were produced. the more shoes were produced, the lower the quality of the shoes. the lower the quality of the shoes, the more often people had to buy new shoes. the more often people had to buy new shoes, the more shoe vendors there were. eventually, swtor passed what economists call the 'SHOE EVENT HORIZON'  when it was no longer feasible to produce anything other than shoes. needless to say, disaster ensued. those few players with the correct genetic makeup mutated into Korean lolis. the rest died off.

Pics or it didn't happen.

As far as analogies go, well.............this one sucked.

3.639 hours.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375

Let me guess: you're talking about the recent chrash-to-desktop-patch..? And it was caused by too many shoes.. right..?

So the solution is obviously to go bare-foot! image

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

3.639 hours.

What's with the hours, Lantern?

So much confusion on this board I canot taking at anymores V_V

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Its a douglas adam's reference.

So I think hes saying SWTOR is unorigional and that TERA is going to do well.

I'm just wildly guessing.

Upon further review, hes saying SWTOR is another shoe shop in a world full of shoe shops, and that its going to wind up killing itself, and the only things that will survive are the radically different.

Thats my guess.

OP am I right?

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

Originally posted by DarkPony

More than one way to "shoe" a horse?

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

3.639 hours.

Sorry, Pony, it's a small joke inside my head that makes me smile on these bitter winter days. From here.

One of these days, I'll give it a rest, but probably not until the "next big thing" releases.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

3.639 hours.

Lantern is just trying to make himself a meme in MMORPG.com. Ignore it and he will stop. image

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Well, TOR deffinetly has to fix A LOT of things and do massive bug fixing as well. It's horrible how slow they are on fixing bugs and implementing stuff which should've been implemented at the start. 

But I don't feel like writing a huge post again what TOR is missing, what will be it's doom, what has a potential of making it a success and etc...

I can only say I'm never going back to that game, ever, again.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by korent1991

Well, TOR deffinetly has to fix A LOT of things and do massive bug fixing as well. It's horrible how slow they are on fixing bugs and implementing stuff which should've been implemented at the start. 

But I don't feel like writing a huge post again what TOR is missing, what will be it's doom, what has a potential of making it a success and etc...

They do bug fixes once or twice a week...

They've entirely fixed ability delay...

Sure there are still bugs, but to say they havn't done anything about them or that their fixes are slow is simply untrue.

Perception I guess.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Originally posted by korent1991

They do bug fixes once or twice a week...

They've entirely fixed ability delay...

Sure there are still bugs, but to say they havn't done anything about them or that their fixes are slow is simply untrue.

Perception I guess.

Hahaha... Right, you mean they fixed the issue with high resolution textures out of the conversation? which they said it's fixed with the last patch, but yet it isn't... What about the bug with maximum shadow on some ATi cards which is there since the launch? What about Ilum being so laggy it's IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY and it's like that since the launch... What about bugs in PVP which are still there from day 1... 

Yeah, they do bug fixes, of bugs which come after they fuck something up on each patch. So they aren't doing anything to actually improve stuff. They did 1 thing which was good to improve stability and FPS (a bit) and it took them long enough. Not to even mention the ultra long loading screen which I haven't experienced in any other MMO I've played each time I logged in.

So weekly scheduled maintance (which usually takes half a day and I was unable to play) and then they do another unscheduled maintance to fix something they fucked up with scheduled maintance (which takes about the same amount of time as the scheduled one). To sum it up - for the amount of time they spend each week on maintance game should've been fixed already of the bugs which we constantly point out. Not to mention they have a HORRIBLE customer support.

Now to say they actually did something to remove the bugs which already existed is not true. Watching the same bugs over and over with each maintance and seeing my server population drop amazingly fast after each patch and being really really bored on high lvl made me quit the game.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• hotixhotix Member UncommonPosts: 130

@Korent1991: before everyone flames you and calls you a liar, I felt the same way. So atleast one person can agree with you.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

As far as analogies go, well.............this one sucked

You say that as if there are any that don't. The only difference is where they weigh in at on the suckage scale.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Tawn47Tawn47 Member Posts: 512

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

As far as analogies go, well.............this one sucked

You say that as if there are any that don't. The only difference is where they weigh in at on the suckage scale.

Actually analogies are very useful tools for testing your internal bias or simplfying a problem.  Difficult to use correctly though. 

Oh, yeah this one sucked.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by Tawn47

Actually analogies are very useful tools for testing your internal bias or simplfying a problem.  Difficult to use correctly though. 

Oh, yeah this one sucked.

Considering the majority of posters have no idea how to use them or feel the need to regurgitate the same tired ones (e.g. Mcdonalds, steak, car, etc.) it is better to reinforce to them they all suck in the hopes they will stop the madness.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

The sense! It has been unmade!