Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Give Us Your Feedback!

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Originally posted by AllodsOnline

Hello MMORPG community!

My name is PioPico and I am one of the community managers for Allods Online. I want to reach out to you guys, and I will help be a resource to answer any questions about the game. Since the game's release back in April 2011, Allods Online has made many positive changes to its gameplay to provide you with a more pleasurable gaming experience for new and veteran players alike.  Besides replying to your forum threads, feel free to also ask me anything here and I will be more than happy to reply back to you!

-PioPico

Allods Online Community Manager

sorry dude but you are like 2 years late for that now, ost of us alrady played and already leave it behind and no way most of us will go back. making the game P2W killed all chances for it.

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

When we, players, QQ about Gipat patch, GM responded on EU (or it was russian, don't remember):

"Game is made for someone who is willing to spend 100€ per month in game, not 15€..."

If I remember good, back in time, 100+ players from my guild quit because of expensive cash shop and cursed items. Damage was done, whatever they did positive later, no one wanted to start again.

Too bad, it was great game, but now, even if they PAY me to play it again, I'll pass.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Originally posted by altas

When we, players, QQ about Gipat patch, GM responded on EU (or it was russian, don't remember):

"Game is made for someone who is willing to spend 100€ per month in game, not 15€..."

If I remember good, back in time, 100+ players from my guild quit because of expensive cash shop and cursed items. Damage was done, whatever they did positive later, no one wanted to start again.

Too bad, it was great game, but now, even if they PAY me to play it again, I'll pass.

I'd play it again if it wasn't P2W and I'm certain a lot of others would as well. Anyone who thinks this game isn't P2W is delusional.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Played during beta and had fun, nothing new here though, and Im not willing to play a Pay to Win game. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Its not . I think your delusional. You must have assumed this game was free and everything in it was going to be handed to you.  Like i said before.  I didnt have to use the cash shop  to buy mounts or cosmetics when i went on astral runs, pve, or AC. I found ways (like using in game gold to purchase chips for  my runes) . If you played the game like you said you have , then you would know that its not about the quality of the runes , but also the quality of your gear.  

Edgar F Greenwood

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

I thought obvious marketing posts like this were a violation of the rules here?

• AllodsOnlineAllodsOnline Allods Online Community ManagerMember Posts: 19

Sorrow, we gained permission to post on this forum. We aren't here to advertise game updates of future patch content but rather answer any questions you guys may have about the game.

In regards to your P2W questions, players can upgrade runes which allow players to enhance their damage dealt, healing done, and decrease damage taken. Having high level runes certainly won't make you dominate other players without having an understanding of how your class plays as well as balanced stats and adequate gear for your level. One thing I like about the rune system is you have your six rune slots - three for offense and three for defense - and the six runes you have can be progressively improved over time which is an improvement from the past where runes affected particular gear you found. The options of improving one's runes also has greatly improved with the addition of the Currency Exchange system allowing greater access to Gem Shards (alternate Item Shop currency) by using in-game gold which is a new feature in Patch 3.0 coming out today.

• RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269

Originally posted by AllodsOnline

Sorrow, we gained permission to post on this forum. We aren't here to advertise game updates of future patch content but rather answer any questions you guys may have about the game.

In regards to your P2W questions, players can upgrade runes which allow players to enhance their damage dealt, healing done, and decrease damage taken. Having high level runes certainly won't make you dominate other players without having an understanding of how your class plays as well as balanced stats and adequate gear for your level. One thing I like about the rune system is you have your six rune slots - three for offense and three for defense - and the six runes you have can be progressively improved over time which is an improvement from the past where runes affected particular gear you found. The options of improving one's runes also has greatly improved with the addition of the Currency Exchange system allowing greater access to Gem Shards (alternate Item Shop currency) by using in-game gold which is a new feature in Patch 3.0 coming out today.

thia ia great, we can pifch ideas and such.

Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• graffix_75graffix_75 Member Posts: 25

Hello PioPico,

I do enjoy Allods overall but my problem with the game is the forced PvP around the level 20s.

Has this changed at all?

I love PvP and it's my favourite thing to do in MMOs but that does not included open world ganking.

Large scale PvP (aka RvR), BGs, open world PvP with objectives, etc are the things I enjoy.

Killing lowbies that are trying to quest is not.

Thanks

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

Originally posted by huskerman34

Its not . I think your delusional. You must have assumed this game was free and everything in it was going to be handed to you.  Like i said before.  I didnt have to use the cash shop  to buy mounts or cosmetics when i went on astral runs, pve, or AC. I found ways (like using in game gold to purchase chips for  my runes) . If you played the game like you said you have , then you would know that its not about the quality of the runes , but also the quality of your gear.  

Question: Can I play Allods only 20h per week, not grinding 8h per day for gold/making runes, be in top guild and doing end game content for FREE??? And please, don't answer me "it will take some time"... I'm not hardcore gamer nor grinder.

• DisapointedDisapointed Member Posts: 4

yes u can but it will take u a long time to get that amount of gold in game lol

and what they done to a few of the classes is stupid scouts are like glass carnt survie healers carnt dps so hard to do quests and mages have become single dpser no aoe and 1 hit ur dead lol

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

20 hours a week is plenty to get around, but it will take a long time before you're up there with the big boys. They're implementing a currency exchange soon. That should enable you to purchase everything from the cash shop with in game gold. The NPC is in, it's still gathering AH data for the moment though. You'll need to reach cap and watch your gold.

As long as you don't expect to get it all thrown in your lap and you're willing to jump through the hoops, you should be fine. Probably never going to be a top dog though. If that's not a problem, give it a shot. It's a pretty nice game for not having a sub.

imageimage

Originally posted by graffix_75

Hello PioPico,

I do enjoy Allods overall but my problem with the game is the forced PvP around the level 20s.

Has this changed at all?

I love PvP and it's my favourite thing to do in MMOs but that does not included open world ganking.

Large scale PvP (aka RvR), BGs, open world PvP with objectives, etc are the things I enjoy.

Killing lowbies that are trying to quest is not.

Thanks

Well I'm not Pio but I'll give this a shot. The "forced" PvP is still there unless you really go out of your way to avoid it. It will be quite hard though. If you're really dead set on avoiding PvP at all cost your life will be a bit harder. I think what put you off is Asee Teph, that place used to be crawling with high level players (often capped) ganking players in the first contested area of the game.

This problem was solved by making symbols of justice available. With these symbols a player of level 28 or lower can one-shot any player of level 28 and up that has his flag of war up (only in AT). Needless to say that you'll be seeing few high levels there with their flags up, except for the occasional group quest if those are still there and forgetting that it was u in the first place.

You can still get ganked by levels 28 or lower unless you avoid attacking enemy faction mobs (and the quests that ask you to kill them) and keep an eye out for warbanners. Travelling in groups helps too.

imageimage
  • Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

How's the shop dependance lately? Shame about how the game launched because it basically screamed good production values on all fronts, even from the character creator itself compared to other MMOs, few P2P included.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Allods Online always sounded like a quality game, but it's F2P.  I'll never ever play a F2P game unless I have absolutle nothing else to play, even then I would give zero to the cash shop.....FTP sucks !

Originally posted by Methos12

How's the shop dependance lately? Shame about how the game launched because it basically screamed good production values on all fronts, even from the character creator itself compared to other MMOs, few P2P included.

Shop dependance compared to the dreaded patch is reduced by a whole lot. Of course it had to be because everyone could see the effect it had on the player base back then. With Gipat patch you couldn't really play without visiting the shop. Now you don't even need the shop at all to reach cap, though it will help tremendously. The things you'll need can be bought on the AH but it'll take dedication and time to get all the gold you'll need to avoid having to buy anyhting from the CS with real money.

The videos from the Gipat patch about dying to a equal level mob without incense are totally obsolete. The dreaded patch is long gone with incense (daily quests) and holy charms totally free.

imageimage
  • emilmolleremilmoller Member Posts: 14

Okay, i come back to this game from time to time because it has the quality of a P2P game. It has some grindy places but not much for a F2P actually. And is it P2W? Sure, but as much as WoW is...

Long time since i played WoW though but playing it casually it'll take a month or so to reach max lvl. You have to pay for the games and the subscription. After you've reached max lvl you have to "grind" your way through minor instances to get gear enough to get into a good guild that makes bigger raids. So lets say it costs you 2 months of subscription.

For that money you can have about all lvl 5 runes and prolly bag extension and maybe even mount. Lets say you play a year in WoW you spend some cash. I mean people even buy it and buys money from gold farmers and maybe even a bot.

So do the math.. It's not that expensive when you compare to P2P games. Even though the F2P is somehow subjective and I do think the game is P2W coz you can't compete without grinding LOTS to come close to the rich people. However if you play the game for a year and pay as much as you would playing WoW. The difference between the rich and you can be competed with skills and teamplay rather than one man army rich man.

The best thing about this game though is that i don't find even ONE person cheating /botting. And with the currency exchange the use of gold farmers isn't needed. It's almost weird playing an MMO without finding people botting :P

Möller Da Man

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the game, Emilmoller. The experience of leveling has improved with the introduction of Lucky Moments which grant additional experienced earned for those who are online when the event occurs.

I'm glad to hear you also enjoy the Currency Exchange feature and we are fortunate to have this feature which you won't find in other F2P MMORPGs. The flexibility and capability of buying Item Shop items with in-game gold is nice. =)

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

Is Dead Sea still bugged? Are mounts still CS only? Heck, is the emperor (forgot what it was called) tower still bugged?

Originally posted by Cawickeng

Is Dead Sea still bugged? Are mounts still CS only? Heck, is the emperor (forgot what it was called) tower still bugged?

Dead Sea, with the mobs that used to float in the sky? I remember that, I haven't been back there with latests patch but when I did that on my reincarnation they were mostly ok, though it's possible one or two were stuk in the sand or under a rock or something.

Mounts are CS only even if they can be gotten with holiday events too. Recently there was an event that if you played for at least an hour each day for 12 days you'd get a Sinister Lion (Rank 2 mount I think). You could get the Wolf last Christmas event. Who knows what's next. You can also buy them with in game gold but you'll have reached cap long before you manage to scratch that kind of gold together.

Yasker Tower can be laggy at times, and the teleporter (inside the tower now) has bugged out on me a few times, but I'm not sure what bugs you're referring to. It's been a long time since you played apparently.

imageimage
  • chazebchazeb Member Posts: 8

Allods so far is the ONLY ftp game that I have stuck with. I enjoy the gameplay, mechanics, leveling, everything.

I think the new patch and event were a great success, I took advantage of of everything the event had to offer, and have seen a boost in the population. And it is nice to see someone here trying to improve the public image. Whith that said, I have something to add, ask, recommend.

I understand how ftp works, I don't mind anything about the cash shop, I feel that MOST of the prices at fair, events are nice to balance it out, and would like to see more. So... the free gpots, suck. I personally will never give my phone number, or home address to anyone online, never. Or sign up for a subscription to something that does cost, to get around paying. And the surveys, every time I have tried them, after several minutes of answering questions, of what I thought was a survey, I am told that a survey can't be found for me.

I have spent my fair share on the gpots, and don't mind it, I am all for supporting a game I enjoy. But I would like to see a way to earn a small amount without such a hassle.

Recommendation would be reward players for promoting the game on forums, like this one, to help bring in customers, just a thought. Lastly, on the account page there is another means listed, achievements, of which there are none for Allods, why not? That seems like an easy way to keep your customers playing your game, ingame achievements, sorta like Steam games, that actually help you, that would be nice.

• HobitonHobiton Member Posts: 4

Out of all the f2p MMORPG games I've tried Allods online has to be my favourite, the design of the game and teh classes within teh game were really original. I stopped playing it however a while ago after the introduced that buff on your stats that you had to pay for, which got so out of control you pritty much had constantly buy this buff in order to progress into the game.

Was just wandering if you had fixed that problem at all? and what teh recent updates are on this game?

• chazebchazeb Member Posts: 8

The patch so far is great, many changes for the better, some classes have been changed dramatically.

The "Martyrs Blessing can be obtained for free once daily, or you can cast yourself with the help of incence, which you can but from the shop, or complete a daily quest to get it for free.

The event that just ended was very cool, and helpful. My no.1 gripe before was the mounts, only available from the shop, and the game stunk without one. During the event I picked up a total of 8 mounts for my characters, and the feed is free through the daily quest.

So it seems to me that they listened, and made some changes.

I can't wait for the next big event!

Originally posted by Hobiton

Out of all the f2p MMORPG games I've tried Allods online has to be my favourite, the design of the game and teh classes within teh game were really original. I stopped playing it however a while ago after the introduced that buff on your stats that you had to pay for, which got so out of control you pritty much had constantly buy this buff in order to progress into the game.

Was just wandering if you had fixed that problem at all? and what teh recent updates are on this game?

Hobiton, it sounds like you are referring to Incense where it used to be essential to strengthen your character enough to kill monsters.

Multiple changes have taken place to ease up on that system such as including a daily quest that offers one free incense (which still exists) although the mechanics have been changed so that you don't need incense to strengthen your character to kill monsters. You also gain the ability to use the Martyrs' Salvation spell and bonuses from your runes without incense.  The benefits that incense gives is the ability to use the other three patron spells and the defenses against some  PvP spells.

There's a lot of recent updates to the game since the last time you played, so we encourage you to check out a blog we made to cover some of the hot features that came with Patch 3.0:

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/AllodsOnline/022012/22645

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Wellcome to the community !

Wish you well & a good info on your game!

we love surprises & gifts at mmorpg.com :D